Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Repaired ccw guns and trust.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Schrag4 View Post
    I think some of you guys worry too much. I'm in the camp that won't spend $200 on carry ammo just to test.
    Interestingly, I don't think some of you guys worry enough.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

If I have to worry 24/7 about what might happen, I'll just carry a rock and learn to throw accurately.
    Just because a gun fires flawlessly for 2 or 2000 rounds, the next time is never guaranteed. The OP's gun broke, like anything made as cheaply as possible, and that IS how it's done.
    If you want guarantees, buy insurance, so your next of kin will benefit.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Scrag4, Good question yes my original question was based on any type of breakage that required parts and repair. Not a malfunction that could be cleared or a faulty ammo problem. With mine it was a firing pin issue you could clear it as fast as you wanted and pull the trigger on the same round it was not going off. Since I was asking a lot as a conversation starter guys have made several good point on malfuctions not just breakage. There are a lot of good points of view on reliability in general. FB

Boolit Buddy
    Ok, I just have to answer in on this one. as far as ammo, I reloaded 2000 rounds of 38 spl. about 34 years ago. due to work and a bunch of other reasons(one of which is how in h3ll do you misplace that much ammo? I did.) 20 years later I found it. it had been stored in a 40mm ammo can in dry dark hiding. Soooo, I decided to shoot it up. It was loaded to slightly "warm" level but not really HOT. spent the weekend shooting all 2000 rds and saved the brass. I had exactly 1, say again, 1 round FTF. It fired on the 3rd strike. bad or weak primer. a little while later, about a month, I was shooting some 38spl. defense ammo. A box of federal, don't remember the exact make and model, and had 7 fail to fire out of the box. New stuff. made a phone call to Federal and had a serious complaint and talked to them. they said to send it all back through my gun dealer. did so and they made it good with 5 boxes of the same ammo. At the time I was working as a Uniformed Armed Security Officer. I shot the fed stuff for qualification but used my own reloads for carry. the weapon that this was all used in (including the 2000rds.) was a S&W Mod 64-1 stainless 38spl. that had the hammer firing pin.
    As for faith in weapon---that 64-1 earned it. Still have it. ammo issues are a **** shoot at best. Don't know if this is pertinent to the op thread or not , just my 2 pennies. God Bless to all and theirs.

Goofy aka Godfrey
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    Just curious, do you sell your car once you have had a brake job?
    Yes. I also replace my dishwasher when I pull out a dirty spoon after it has run. Same thing with the washing machine, but then again they don't clean spoons very well in the first place.

Boolit Master

In Smith J frame we trust

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 163070_01_lg.jpg  

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter6br View Post
    Five for Sure.