WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Tried out my new powder coating containers today. Picked up some Ikea locking containers that have the rubber seal and a lip around the inside of the lid. Zero powder leakage even after several batches. I’m pretty happy with the price of $2.50 each set too.

Another note for those that hadn’t seen yet. The silicone baking mat works great for PC instead of the NS Foil. 2 dozen bakes in and still no bullets sticking. Picked up a 4pk f the mats at Costco and I noticed their on promo this month for anyone looking to switch.

Boolit Master
    My reloading room is in the multi purpose shed. A goodly portion of the stuff in there is my loading and fishing stuff, but I still have to share some of the room for Lori's stuff.... today I had to take some of her summer clothes out there and bring back several bags of her winter clothes. Teachers dress differently than other ladies, I believe. However, my son called and said he'd bring my shotgun to me after he got finished bowhunting this week.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Put my bench and reloading gear back together after having to move it all to decorate and have a new carpet on the stairs and landing .only taken 10 years to get round to it.

Boolit Master

Shot the Military Bolt-gun match Sunday. Deprimed and cleaned the primer pockets of those 70 pieces of 7.62x54r.
    Washed in hot soapy water, rinsed, quick soak in Lemi-shine and out in the sunshine to dry.

Just got them out if the tumbler. Next is anneal, neck size, length check. Then load em up again for next month.

Boolit Grand Master

Sorted through a large cup of wheel weights that a friend dropped off. Only 3 Zinc in about 10 pounds. Sorted through, washed and deprimed a large cup of range brass that another friend dropped off. Deer season opens here this weekend and I'm finally finding something other than 9mm, 40 S&W and 223!

Boolit Buddy
    Started to set cores in copper jackets. I have about 6k to do.

Boolit Buddy
    I inventoried a bunch of partial cans of powder I got as well as loaded up a few .45 auto rounds. I got some PB and am wanting to see what it does. I also lathed up a fixed bushing for my Hornady powder measure to drop 9gr Blue Dot. I learned a few things so the next few I make will be even better.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by StuBach View Post
    Tried out my new powder coating containers today. Picked up some Ikea locking containers that have the rubber seal and a lip around the inside of the lid. Zero powder leakage even after several batches. I’m pretty happy with the price of $2.50 each set too.

Another note for those that hadn’t seen yet. The silicone baking mat works great for PC instead of the NS Foil. 2 dozen bakes in and still no bullets sticking. Picked up a 4pk f the mats at Costco and I noticed their on promo this month for anyone looking to switch.
    Where did you get the IKEA locking containers?

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191105_222504108.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	250773

Used up some loose powder I got for free, between the two it was good for about 20 rounds of 243 win. I loaded up the 100grs with 40gr of IMR 4350 and the 80grs with 37gr of IMR 331. Nothing hot just some blasting ammo.

Setup load ladders of Blue Dot and AA #9 for the new 10mm...

Should get some chrono #'s this weekend.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Haha

I loaded some 10mm last night too!!

Three different bullets. 220g WFNHP, 200g WFN HARDCAST, Lyman 200g TC bullet. All on top of Blue Dot.

No data for the 220 so Im working up.

Also loaded ANOTHER 50 308’s for my buddy. We hit the range 30 min before close. JUST TO TAKE FOULING SHOTS after cleaning for next weeks opener. I fired 9 bullets from two rifles. He fired almost 70.... Didnt fire first couple in the dirt and started crankin on the scope. Subsequently he was chasin his ***. He is one of those “GOTTA BE 5 shots to make a group” . I shot one in the bank and three on paper. Twice then took one standing shot with my main rifle. DONE.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    Where did you get the IKEA locking containers?
    Ikea has them in their kitchen portion of the store (downstairs in our store here in MI).

Below is a link to one but if you have an Ikea store nearby cheaper to buy In store.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/ikea-36...tic-s19269079/

Edit: sorry originally posted link to wrong container, the one above is what I got.
    Last edited by StuBach; 11-06-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Banned

The wind finally died down enough that I could cast. I wanted to give my Lee 10 pounder a good cleaning, so after casting about 500 pills for the wifes 380 Auto, 38 Special and my 357 Magnum, it is now cooling with the heavy stuff already scraped out of it. Tomorrow I'll get it back out and use my wire brushes to clean it good and get ready for the next session.

I primed/belled 24 10 mm cases and boolits, packed up about 80 grain each of Blue Dot and AA#9, packed my lee hand press, a scale, a funnel and my die setup for ad-hoc loadings on Saturday 10mm load test at the range.
    I love dialing in my loads...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    I primed/belled 24 10 mm cases and boolits, packed up about 80 grain each of Blue Dot and AA#9, packed my lee hand press, a scale, a funnel and my die setup for ad-hoc loadings on Saturday 10mm load test at the range.
    I love dialing in my loads...
    SAME SAME HERE!! Even same powder & 10mm Caliber!!

Also loaded a ladder of 350 Legends with 300-MP powder.

Shooting Saturday

CW

Boolit Grand Master
    Loaded some test loads for the new rifle and scope.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Cast 500+ .40 S&W boolits. 175gn Truncated cone from the 2 cavity lee die.

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    SAME SAME HERE!! Even same powder & 10mm Caliber!!

Also loaded a ladder of 350 Legends with 300-MP powder.

Shooting Saturday

CW
    So, I found AA9 to be a bit cleaner burning and had a smaller spread at all loading levels...
    Now, I played around with loads for AA9, but ran out of time for the BD... So, I'm gonna have to go back and try a little stiffer charges with BD.

And with either powder there was NO problem getting a 185 grain boolit up to 1250 fps in a 4.2" barrel... Good times!
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

I loaded up 150 357 Magnum shells. 100 158 Lyman SWC powder coated gloss black And 50 160 HP all with. BLue Dot.

CW

I decided to find out if my revolvers had a preference for a particular powder. I loaded up five 50 round boxes of 158 grain RNFP cast boolits using Titegroup, Bullseye, Win 231, CFE pistol, and Win WSH. All loads are near max for 38 special but less than +P.
    I have a couple more handgun powders available but did not have time to load them. If I have time, I will do so tomorrow.
    I expect to get to the range sometime this week. I will take as many of my 38/357 revolvers with me as I can. I have eight of them to test.
    S&W 60, 13, 14, 15, 19, 686, Ruger Security 6 and a Speed 6.
    That's not much more than a cylinder full for each gun/load, but I am looking for indications of a distinct preference and hoping for no preference at all.
    Last edited by tazman; 11-12-2019 at 06:41 PM.