Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen a Taurus Curve?

Try looking at it as a pocket flashlight instead of a pistol, and it gets easier.

Or a pocket pistol with a flash light.

Or an aircraft heavier than air that can fly!

I'm more than a little surprised at the responses here to potentially workable innovation without the usual insistence on "actual hands-on results to report."

Maybe I'm to young and stupid.

Boolit Master

Ugh!!!! I feel a migraine coming on! I am just trying my best to un-see this!

Boolit Grand Master

As controversial as it may be, Taurus has been very innovative with its firearms. Love them or hate them, they do continue to push the envelope. Look at how many designs have been copied FROM Taurus such as The Judge
    The polymer revolver

and design novelties such as
    a 22lr/mag DA revolver with easily swappable cylinders.

im sure there are tons more but that's all my brain has at 3am

Boolit Master
    The battery issue wouldnt worry me, since the trigger is manually operated. I own a .32 acp and a .380, neither of which have lights or lasers. I bought them in case of an up-close encounter, not for making eye socket shots at 75 yards in poor light.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master

It is a bit off in the looks department however for a carry I think I'd consider one. I'll have to see it when my LGS gets one in.
    jeepyj
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

I'm purty shore that excuse for a crown on the muzzle won't help any.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master
    Looks like it will fill with dirt and lint and coins to many places for **** to get stuck in neat idea not sold on .380s yet .

Boolit Master
    The first rule in a gun fight is, have a gun. This one is an easy carry and is not intended for a shoot out across the street. If you needed it, it would be at a range of less than ten feet. The lazer and light have the advantages of indicating point of impact and blinding your opponent, plus the intimidation factor. If the price is right, this gun should sell. It doesn't make any difference how pretty your gun is, how many shells it holds, what it cost, or anything else if it is home and not with you when you need it.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Add a lighter, corkscrew and a awl blade and walla! A swiss army pistol?

It may appeal to some but it sure doesn't to me. I sometimes wonder if junior high kids are hired to do some companies design work. About all this thing is lacking is a compass embedded in the grip, a whistle in the end of the butt and a secret decoding ring attached to the trigger guard.

A few will sell as there are always those who want to be "up with the newest designs". I just can't see how this could compete with proven designs by other manufacturers regardless of the price. But hey . . . I'm old . . .

Love Life
    I have prettier guns, made by better companies, that I carry without issue. I see no need for me to buy a gun that looks like something I hacked up after a night of hard drinking and heavy smoking.

Sheeoot...my mom carries a M&P in 45 acp...all the time and she is about 115 lbs.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Add a lighter, corkscrew and a awl blade and walla! A swiss army pistol?

It may appeal to some but it sure doesn't to me. I sometimes wonder if junior high kids are hired to do some companies design work. About all this thing is lacking is a compass embedded in the grip, a whistle in the end of the butt and a secret decoding ring attached to the trigger guard.
    Hey, I'd consider buying one then-I lost my secret decoder ring.

I have serious issues with this notion that a gun will only be used in short range situations. One of the issues the FBI Agents ran into in Florida was that the Snubbies that they ended up using didn't work well at the distances they were trying to use them. I passed on the Seecamp for exactly that reason. A former LAPD detective of my acquaintance carried a 6 inch Official Police because he had an armed robber escape when he couldn't get a hit with his j-frame 38 Smith.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master
    new things seem to rattle alot of old schoolers cages but sooner or later they accept them
    I think its a good idea myself if you want to carry and conceal a gun why not have it very concealable with minimal effort
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Yep. It sure is ugly. It's an abomination against nature, an affront to all things beautiful or even just symmetrical.

Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    new things seem to rattle alot of old schoolers cages but sooner or later they accept them
    I think its a good idea myself if you want to carry and conceal a gun why not have it very concealable with minimal effort
    This. ^^^^^
    IF it works and IF it's reliable (one mustn't assume - after all, it's a Taurus) it might prove to be very popular.
    Remember, many people who carry are NOT firearms aficionados as almost all on this forum are. Many who carry do so for strictly practical reasons and don't give two hoots if their carry pistol has classic lines. They want a light weight, reliable and effective gun that's comfortable to carry and easy to conceal. To those people (and there are a lot of them) this design might look like it's worth a try.

As for me - I don't think I could bring myself to own one.
    Urk!

Uncle R.

Boolit Master
    Law enforcement officers face these scenarios in a different context. My objective is to break my attackers momentum long enough to escape. If he's beyond my effective range and I choose to press my assault it's no longer a defensive shooting. Even if I miss with .44 magnum, if that keeps his head down long enough for me to break contact, that's good enough.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    As controversial as it may be, Taurus has been very innovative with its firearms. Love them or hate them, they do continue to push the envelope. Look at how many designs have been copied FROM Taurus such as The Judge
    The polymer revolver

and design novelties such as
    a 22lr/mag DA revolver with easily swappable cylinders.
    Well they sure copied enough of S&W designs for decades...

A de-horned carry pistol is nothing new and certainly can't be attributed to Taurus. But if they market it right, it could be profitable. More people are carrying now than ever and a lot of them aren't "gun people".

Personally have a rather dim view of Taurus' quality and customer service. I'll pass but it is a nice idea for those looking for a more "comfortable comfort"
    And just for your info... casting with a single cavity is about as close as you can get to zero production, while still having some production. -- Whitespider

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Quiettime View Post
    Well they sure copied enough of S&W designs for decades...

A de-horned carry pistol is nothing new and certainly can't be attributed to Taurus. But if they market it right, it could be profitable. More people are carrying now than ever and a lot of them aren't "gun people".

Personally have a rather dim view of Taurus' quality and customer service. I'll pass but it is a nice idea for those looking for a more "comfortable comfort"
    Thats what happens when they're owned by the same parent company (Bangor Punta) for a while and share methodology, design, and the same tooling in Brasil. Beretta also sold a plant they had in Brasil to Taurus.....including the tooling, hence the PT-92.

But I agree, their CS and QC don't have the most stellar reputation and is deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by leftiye View Post
    I'm purty shore that excuse for a crown on the muzzle won't help any.
    That threw me at first, but look at the photo with the slide retracted. It's got a normal symmetrical muzzle.

Well, I'm a revolver guy. If you try it 6 times and you still have a problem, then today just isn't your day. Seriously.

That curved grip is supposed to be ergonomic and make it aim more naturally, particularly for some one new to firearms. The ergonomic concept has worked in a lot of other handheld designs for tools and such. If it fits your hand properly, I see no reason you would even need sights at close range. Just grab it and it is automatically pointed in the right direction.
    A number of years ago(30 or so), the hammer manufacturing company I worked for developed a curved, fitted handle. It was proven in tests that it made it more difficult to actually miss a strike with the hammer. If you were looking where you wanted it to hit, it just naturally went there. The concept was too expensive to produce at the time. Now that molded grips on hammers are common, they are going back to the design. It is possible this will work in much the same manner.