Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I hate neighbors sometimes

Boolit Master

I've given this a lot of thought since I read the OP'S story. I am with you Osteodoc. I probably would not have run over his signs a second time. However you handled his running you down with his truck much better than I might have. One just doesn't know until he is put in that position.
    Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway. John Wayne

A man has to do what a man has to do. John Wayne

Hitting a fixed object is ticketable here.

Destruction of private property is also.

A 9 volt is not that important.

I would say you were both wrong, with blocking you in being dangerously wrong. I cant blame you for hitting his signs after giving your wife a hard time. He might have gotten something much worse had he come after my wife. She dont mess around when threatened and I won't either if you've been messing with her.

I had a neighbor years ago try to intimidate my wife before she had any training or experience with people like that. I immediately went to his house and made it well known that speaking to her that way would not be tolerated. It took a few years but we get along just fine now even though we are much different. Once he understood his threatening actions would be met with fury he calmed down. In fact I've taken his son shooting and his family prevented a fence fire from getting to our house.

I myself would have dealt with him when he confronted the wife. Since you didn't I would go do it now.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Boolit Master
    "Hitting a fixed object is ticketable here."

A sign that someone knowingly and intentionally places in a roadway and in the path of oncoming traffic, may qualify as an extenuating circumstance. That is, assuming that you have a rational minded judge making the call.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master

You make it sound like the guy built a tank trap with his signs. He moved them out of the way of his lawn mower. That would mean in the gutter on the edge of the road. The OP could have easily avoided the whole incident by maintaining control of his vehicle, applying the brake, waiting for the oncoming traffic to clear and driving around the signs. He could have done this even if the signs were placed dead center in his lane.

Everything that happened after that... there was plenty of wrong to go around.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Well depending on where you live local city / county laws forbid the placing of Signs, cones, in the middle of the road / side of the road. unless placed by the city county etc.. You could have easily stated that the sign had done damage to your vehicle when it was struck and have him charged for repair costs.

The Neighbor will NEVER GET IT!! ever, you might as well piss in the wind or pound sand for all the good it will do ya.

"You can't Fix Stupid!"

Banned

If the guy followed anyone's wife home he is scum in my book. As far as the incident involving the signs, we will all have to agree to disagree.

Moderator Emeritus

Or an outline of a body?

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Late one night, sneak over to his yard with a thing of Round Up. Spray it into the pattern of a ....body part. Go back to bed.

Over the next day or so as the grass dies and browns, joy will be brought to your life.

I mean, if we are discussing bad things to do to a neighbor, who was mad because somebody ran over his signs, we might as well bump it up to vandalism...right?

Boolit Grand Master

Round up can be said to be vandalisim or destructive. Miricale grow makes a nisce dark shape and the grass grows much faster. Even mowing every day the color change stands out. When my sister turned forty I used a back pack sparyed and with miricale grow wrote in 3ft tall letters Lordy Lordy Guess whos Forty on the front of the hill in thier yard. It showed the whole summer and fall. No harm no foul nothing damaged. In a short time grass can be replaced with round up.

Boolit Master
    Blocking a road way is also illegal so,,,,,

Boolit Master
    Amazing how many think the guy who has "lived in this neighborhood peacefully for over 8 years." should placate and march to the tune of the creepy, aggressive, unneighborly neighbor.
    Perhaps all these folks also think the creepy neighbor was probably justified in chasing the OP's wife down and shouting profanities at her.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    Radish seeds quickly establish on a lawn and can be placed in a pattern or sown randomly.Just saying.

Boolit Master
    a lot of hind site here, I know that in the heat of the moment WE ALL have done things we should not have. I think osyeodc09 was just trying to vent, and this was a safe place to do it. I also think he was looking for some one to say "you did good not killing him" I know it helped me when the cops told me that one fine day.

I am all for defending the little lady, however mine is quite capable of skinning a whole buffalo, so I think she can handle it herself. I just stay on the couch until dinner is ready.

we can help you send out energy or whatever that this clown sells soon, cause I have had bad neighbors, and they can ruin a happy place fast.
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Akheloce View Post
    I once had to rent a condo in a bad neighborhood for a year while I was on some National Guard orders. I was temporarily a military cop augmentee for the year.

The neighbors were not of the type that you would want to have over for dinner, and I was getting nasty notes left on my truck (parking was tight, the lot was small, and I was the only one with a truck, which was long enough to require a little maneuvering around). Several times, my neighbor knocked on my door, rudely telling me to move my truck somewhere down the street, rather than park in my designated space.

One day, I got back from a training exercise. I still had face paint on (camo), I was wearing my military issue guille suit, and a tactical drop holster on my thigh. I was very tired, as I hadn't slept in 2 days, and hadn't bothered to take the gear off before heading home.

So there I was, standing outside my door, having a smoke, wearing a guille suit, camo face paint, and openly carrying, and tired enough not to give a darn. Needless to say, I was left alone after that, with neighbors hiding from me as I approached from then on.
    First,thank you for your service,second, I wish I could have lived in that neighborhood. We could have had them moving out in droves.;>)
    Lewis AKA Wright Brothers Gunsmiths

"Illegitimus non carborundum"

Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t*rd by the clean end!

In Remembrance
    About 25 years back I was working on a job just east of Houston. I rented a cheap apartment in a seedy neighborhood to start with. This clown knocked on my door at 2 in the morning. I answerede the door in my underwear with a 44 in my hand, and he looked like something out of a cartoon. He was wearing a trench coat and when he opened it he had all kind of watches and jewelry hanging inside for sale. He told me he also took orders for bigger stuff, TV's Stereos, etc. I told him to come on in and we would talk, then went back in the bedroom and closed the door without turning any lights on. In a few minutes I hear mista come get this dog, I just yelled back telling him to not bother my dog. A few minutes later I hear mista, mista, please come get this dog, I told him to leave my dog alone and to shut up (maybe not quite so nice) as I was trying to sleep. This was on a saturday night, so I slept in and didn't get up till 6 am, he was in the corner standing on his tip toes, with that pit bull sitting about a foot in front of him. lol I opened the door,called off the dog, and told him to come back anytime, he left on the run, muttering something I couldn't understand, but nobody ever disturbed my sleep for the next few months I lived there. lol