RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Boolits photo album!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieDave007 View Post
    I know I'm completely weird sometimes but the picture of mixed colors are driving my OCD completely crazy.
    Lol, makes you want to sort them?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394223713.441278.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	98902
    Hope for change.

Lol. Yes, very much so. I can deal with the pattern much better though. Lol.

On a slightly different note, nice work (other than sorting that is).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    Well, I bought this off'n an ol' boy on Evilbay. He sells motorcycle parts that are this color too. And he's kinda secretive about his source, but 'best I could find out from him, and by comparison, it's this:
    https://www.powderbuythepound.com/KAWASAKI_GREEN/
    Yeah thats what I thought it was. Just ordered some along with their super wet black

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by birdadly View Post
    These are solids and combinations... -Brad
    The red w/speckles in the 2nd pic looks like some kind of agate, very nice!

Boolit Buddy
    If anyone is interested and has some neat pics and or info please email me at Info@PCBullets.com. I'm fairly busy so I'll get pics and stuff posted as I can, I've got 3 brats and a business with more brats (employees) but I'm less busy until april-ish then I have no time lol.

I'm really interested in ways to test the PC bullets for velocities, pressure, accuracy, and barrel wear... And differences if any in colors/powder manufacturers. It would be great to put something together as a standard for bullet holders and moulds. And I have absolutely no experience with dry/wet tumbling, info on that would be great I guess I should mess with these ideas myself to get a better understanding.

I have another idea for a reusable rack that would be quicker then twisting them, I hope to experiment with my idea this coming week. My chroney broke (never buy the RCBS one it sucks) so I will try and get to a shop and buy another one next week.

I'm going to the desert next weekend with my dad and brothers so I'm planning on bringing a lot of clean guns and testing/taking before and after pics of the difference between normal cast and PC bullets
    Hope for change.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Well not as great as others but boolits is boolits so here is a few to look at.
    http://
    Mehic 45 hp
    200 grs for my 357
    some 300s for my 454
    And this is the one I like the best for some reason I been told to put this on the ends of the yellow ones
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Buddy
    Looks good,were these done by tumble?
    Hope for change.

Boolit Master

I have some clear that I want to try but I am waiting to do some 44-40s with it. Trying to keep that "vintage" look on those you know.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    They weren't tumbled. 'Too slick. And no color in HP's on pistol boolits or on base of rifle boolits.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Beagle the photo expert has it right they were sprayed not as good as his pictures or any of his cool zombie greens boolits. Looking at the white ones IKA I may have to try that out I have some white but got it just to make pink for my wife. Oh stopped on the pink since my wife had to point it they were more salmon then pink I am thinking come on women its close enough to pink get off my nuts. So she will not be getting any salmon color bullets for awhile I am still pouting lol.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Man

Name:	uhydyva3.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	99132

My first batch of powder coated loaded into my first batch of 300BLK.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushthezeppelin View Post

Name:	uhydyva3.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	99132

My first batch of powder coated loaded into my first batch of 300BLK.
    I had trouble with mine being too big after PC and would not chamber. Sized to .309 will try some at .308 to see if that works. I might of bumped up the boolits when i seated them. Yours looks like the 155 HM2 mold. Let us know how they work.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    I had trouble with mine being too big after PC and would not chamber. Sized to .309 will try some at .308 to see if that works. I might of bumped up the boolits when i seated them. Yours looks like the 155 HM2 mold. Let us know how they work.
    Well I just went through with my dummy round from the batch and did loading from a full mag down to an empty mag (just kept putting it back on top after stripping a round) and it did fine. Little beat up from extraction slamming it against the chamber lugs but otherwise fed fine even though the bore riding section is a bit of a tight fit. BTW its from the new design of the Lee 312-155 mold. Weighed in at 161ish with straight COWW alloy. Sized them to .309. Unless your bore is undersized I wouldn't recommend sizing down to .308. Perhaps you have a bore riding section of your bullet that is just too thick after PC. What mold are you using?

Boolit Buddy

Some OD green 9mm 124TL's for my new Sig P226 Scorpion

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RP View Post
    Beagle the photo expert has it right they were sprayed not as good as his pictures or any of his cool zombie greens boolits. Looking at the white ones IKA I may have to try that out I have some white but got it just to make pink for my wife. Oh stopped on the pink since my wife had to point it they were more salmon then pink I am thinking come on women its close enough to pink get off my nuts. So she will not be getting any salmon color bullets for awhile I am still pouting lol.
    I mixed HF red and white and got this,

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394455376.725595.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	99136
    Dad and brothers made fun of me a bit but still wanted the bullets

But tell your wife,, pink is pink, even pinkish is still pink.. See how far that gets ya
    Hope for change.

Boolit Master

Various Powder Coated Bullets

Picture below is of various cast bullets that I have powder coat. All of the powder came from Powder Buy The Pound, Polyester @ 400 degrees.

I usually cast at least 1000 of the respective bullets. I powder coat with the electrostatic powder coating gun.

I tried setting the bullets on nuts but they fell over to easy.

I have lately set the bullets on screen wire on top of non-stick foil to keep the flashing off of the bottom of the bullets. It takes a lot of screen wire since it can only be used once.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushthezeppelin View Post
    Well I just went through with my dummy round from the batch and did loading from a full mag down to an empty mag (just kept putting it back on top after stripping a round) and it did fine. Little beat up from extraction slamming it against the chamber lugs but otherwise fed fine even though the bore riding section is a bit of a tight fit. BTW its from the new design of the Lee 312-155 mold. Weighed in at 161ish with straight COWW alloy. Sized them to .309. Unless your bore is undersized I wouldn't recommend sizing down to .308. Perhaps you have a bore riding section of your bullet that is just too thick after PC. What mold are you using?
    This is the mold I have. Should be very close to the same one. Got a few loaded with 18g 1680 will see how they do.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...boolit-6-cav-s

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    This is the mold I have. Should be very close to the same one. Got a few loaded with 18g 1680 will see how they do.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...boolit-6-cav-s
    Mine ended up being pretty hot with 15gr of Lil Gun. Got two light ejector swipes about 7 rounds in and decided to call it good on that load, it was terribly inaccurate anyway (talking 10"+ at 25). I then proceeded to start some testing on some Aguila Colibri in my 10/22 (this stuff is so quiet I was hopeful for a good backyard bunny dispatcher) and it shot almost as bad lol.

Boolit Buddy

Name:	2013-11-12 19.14.44.jpg 
Views:	1282 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	99201

Not too bad. Some people couldn't tell the difference.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by evil5826 View Post

Name:	2013-11-12 19.14.44.jpg 
Views:	1282 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	99201

Not too bad. Some people couldn't tell the difference.
    Color and brand please?^^^^

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast