Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Lee 410-195-SWC ...new style...good news

Moderator Emeritus

Lee 410-195-SWC ...new style...good news

The old style Lee 410-195-SWC was notoriously undersized. I had bought an old style one a few years ago, I don't recall how thin/small it was, but it was too thin/small for my liking, I was a newbie then and didn't document things like that. Anyway, to show how notorious they were, a fellow member I sold it too, actually advertised in the WTB section for 'specifically' one of the undersized ones.

ANYWAY, like many other Lee molds built with the New style blocks and the New CNC machining methods...are being made to much better sizes. I'm glad to report the same with this one.

using 94-3-3 with that alloy at 680º, and the mold fairly hot, the boolits are dropping at .412 and 198gr.

Now to be fair, most of the new Lee molds I've bought lately drop the boolits freely, but this one must had had some burrs I couldn't see as the boolits stuck in the cavities quite badly. One "leementing" session and the boolits are falling right out. When these lightweight Lee 2 cav. molds work, they are just a joy to cast with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master
    Glad your mold is running smoothly and giving you a good bullet of the proper dia.

That is a fine bullet in the 41 mag.

Ben

Boolit Master
    I have an older one---casts and shoots just fine. I have a no. of .41 Cal bullet molds by Lyman & RCBS...this is my favorite in my M-57....using 8.0 grains of Unique.

Glad to see that Lee is upgrading their manufacturing procedures, however I have many old style that have served me very well over the years.