Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Family Feud

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I drink alot, and dost prunk!!

Not really.
    Yep,, another unner the alfluence uf inqahol.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    the purpose of this site [finally learned how to spell that right]
    is to help with casting issues and to bring along new members.
    unfortunately two [or more] different answers are both correct quite often.

tygar:
    many members here disagree on a few different fundamental issues when it comes to the other part of rifle shooting.
    IE can you shoot a naked boolit to higher velocity and maintain the accuracy standards of the rifle.
    yeah you can is the answer, and there is no disagreement about that.
    the basic differences are the qualifiers of how it's done and why it can/can't be done.
    the biggest part of when it definitely cannot be done is because of the fit of the boolit in the throat [rpm thresh hold] and the fit of the case to the rifle [particularly holding the properly fit boolit in alignment with the canter line of the barrel]

anyway, [putting the MOD hat on now]
    I recall the thread you are talking about where you got picked on.
    the person that did it received a reprimand for his actions.
    Yes, but that's the beauty of asking questions, you get all these different ideas & points of views.

Now you really have something to research & experiment with, & maybe you'll find one or both are correct & just maybe you'll find another answer that is just as correct.

Just like the RPM thing. I NEVER would have thought of that, ever. In jacket, faster spin for heavier bullets, a given, everyone knows that, but never knew about max RPM threshholds, of how much an impact it has on CBs.

If Larry Gibson wouldn't have talked about it & given specific link info on reading about it, I would probably still not have a clue about how the pressure, speed, RPM stuff intertwines.

As for the reprimand, OK but I think I pretty well spanked him myself & we just agreed to not comment on each other.
    Thanks
    Tom

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by tygar View Post
    Does that Lyman have in it to start at lowest jacketed load offered (in the proper powder of course) for you to cast? Tom
    This is as stellar an example of why a newer fellow should never be slapped away from the table without being listened to, you might be talking to an Elmer Keith, not an Elmer Fudd. You have no idea of the posters real skill level. I'd rather walk a guy through a problem than have him beat his head against a wall and think badly about the forum ever after,,,

tygar, thanks for hanging in and voicing your concerns instead of the all too easy blowing the site off and going elsewhere.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy
    I was back checking the thread to try to decide what cookies to bake this weekend ?
    The posts here got me all fired up.
    I have the Kitchen-Aid lift bowl mixer, gas oven, and the stone cookie sheet.
    I need to get the other components.
    I have used the recipe on the Nestle chocolate chip bag in the past.
    Not sure I'm up for sugar cookies or oatmeal cookies.
    suggestions ? needs to be easy, I'm not much of a baker.
    I have considered brownies as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by varmint243 View Post
    I was back checking the thread to try to decide what cookies to bake this weekend ?
    The posts here got me all fired up.
    I have the Kitchen-Aid lift bowl mixer, gas oven, and the stone cookie sheet.
    I need to get the other components.
    I have used the recipe on the Nestle chocolate chip bag in the past.
    Not sure I'm up for sugar cookies or oatmeal cookies.
    suggestions ? needs to be easy, I'm not much of a baker.
    I have considered brownies as well.
    You have it all wrong! Just have your wife make them. I bought my wife some expensive jewelry & she graciously made me a double batch of those great chocolate chip cookies a couple days ago.

There are a few left so now I am hungry for one & guess I'll get 1 or maybe 5.

Boolit Buddy
    I have no wife or SO at the moment.
    Being single frees up a lot of time and money for firearms, casting, and reloading.
    Not much home cooking happens as a result.
    Excess cookies will be taken to the clubhouse Sunday.
    It might be too cold out to shoot, but it's unlikely it will be too cold to eat cookies

Banned
    It might be too cold out to shoot, but it's unlikely it will be too cold to eat cookies [/QUOTE]

yep on my 2nd cookie now. but still have to go shoot. have 2 sight in a rifle for my son to hunt with.

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Get enough fiber in the diet and a gas check is in order.......
    Now THAT is funny .............but I would like to return to the original jist of the op for a moment and on the "newby" questions.....you know the ones that have been asked and answered many times...I enjoy these questions, they make me feel smart...they are the only ones I know the answers to...back to the cookies, try putting a smidgin of cinememmommen in the oatmeal cookies....AND..depending on the size of the batch being made....a couple shots of good bourbon in the mix is good....along with a couple shots while baking said cookies.............okay, that's all...
    Last edited by 1bluehorse; 12-12-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Boolit Master

Rum is also a good choice for cookies!

Banned
    "Sounds like you shouldn't die when you touch them off, as long as you keep the muzzle pointed away from yourself. " - Ricochet

lol

Boolit Master
    I have found that since I don't post political stuff anymore I don't get in arguments. And since I don't have the experience that others do regarding reloading I try to keep my mouth shut. Wonderful forum. My two basic criteria for reloading are: 1. Don't damage a firearm (or myself) and 2. Learn something every time I reload. I learn something every time I come here.

May it always be so.

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Love Life
    Can you eat a cookie designed for a gas check, without a a gas check?

Banned

yeah but you gotta do it slower.

243. whichever recipe you go with keep the vegetable oil amount low, otherwise the cookies come out wrong and may give you heartburn.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    yeah but you gotta do it slower.

243. whichever recipe you go with keep the vegetable oil amount low, otherwise the cookies come out wrong and may give you heartburn.
    The last time I made them was a couple years ago, I was working nights then and one of the females at work was giving me ideas.
    I did something so they would stay chewy, but they didn't flow just right, they were kinda fat in the middle and a tiny burn around the edges
    Maybe I'll get it right this time.
    I seem to remember all of them got eaten regardless.

I don't do the alcohol, life and me get along much better without it

Boolit Master

Believe it or not, I am preparing to bake a batch of brownies with marshmallows and nuts. I got a free box of Jiffy brownie mix during a parade on Dec. 7th, Pearl Harbor Day. My friend was marching in the Honor Guard in his full WWll battle uniform carrying a Garand. I have never baked a batch of brownies. You guys have inspired me. My only lube will be real butter. I don't care if they get frosty or wrinkles!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    Believe it or not, I am preparing to bake a batch of brownies with marshmallows and nuts. I got a free box of Jiffy brownie mix during a parade on Dec. 7th, Pearl Harbor Day. My friend was marching in the Honor Guard in his full WWll battle uniform carrying a Garand. I have never baked a batch of brownies. You guys have inspired me. My only lube will be real butter. I don't care if they get frosty or wrinkles!
    pictures or it didn't happen

Darn Gear, she made Tiger Butter last nite. Can I use it for boolit lube?
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiger-butter.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	90329

IDK, does it look like the stuff pics ?
    I don't think I would waste that on bullets

I tried making some bullet lube that came out with stripes.
    One day I'll figure out something to do with that mess.

Boolit Master

The brownies are out of the oven! I can't do pictures........sure wish I could do scratch and sniff! Wow! These smell good! This is the first batch that I have ever done. V243 - Looks like you are an expert! Looks like fudge.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    The brownies are out of the oven! I can't do pictures........sure wish I could do scratch and sniff! Wow! These smell good! This is the first batch that I have ever done. V243 - Looks like you are an expert! Looks like fudge.
    I should have noted that those pics are from a Google search - my bad
    I didn't know what "tiger butter" was
    Email me pics from your phone and I will post them in the thread.
    I am stopping at Wal-Mart and getting supplies for some chocolate chip cookies on the way home this evening