Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: CCI Standard Velocity

Boolit Master

CCI Standard Velocity

I was in Wal Mart last Friday and they happened to have the first 22 ammo I have seen since Sandy Hook.Four bricks of Standard Velocity CCI.They said the limit was three boxes of 50
    They also opened up four big boxes of other various types of ammo and within minutes it looked like a group of buzzards descending on a dead carcass.

Wow 3 boxes of fifty that's great the Wal-Mart here will only sell you 1 box ,500 or 50. I don't circle like the local retired birds so I get a box of 50. Hopefully this next round of shootings will not make it worse. The gun show people are worse they want 50 bucks for a box of 333. Just sayan

Boolit Master
    What were they asking for the CCI SV?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    What were they asking for the CCI SV?
    $3.50 a box,I guess pretty average price for standard velocity.A good many of my guns shoot better with the standard velocity.

Boolit Master
    3 to 4 weeks ago they had CCI SV target 22s at Gandermoutain for $ 50 a brick of 500.Then last weekend was the the first gun show of the season.Yep you guess same ammo for $70 go figure.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I had the fore sight to stock up when prices were reasonable before & right after I read that ATK signed a contract with the Fed's for up to 5 million small arms cartridges per year. Knew the hand writing was on the wall again - shortage and hoarding.
    My inventory of various brands (match & plinkers) of 22LR's is 14,000 rounds. Plus 800 rounds loaded with black powder.

Might add - WalMart doesn't sell firearms or ammunition in New Jersey due the strict gun control laws we have
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    I have a good bit of the Federal bulk pack ammo that I bought early on.It shoots fine in most rifles. My handguns don't shoot it too well.It is pretty crappy ammo,but better than nothing.

Boolit Master

I was in the Charleston,WV Gander Mountain on 9-19-2013. They had just received some .22 LR ammo. The CCI standard velocity was $6.99 per box of 50 and the Winchester High Velocity was $9.99 per 100.

Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    I was in the Charleston,WV Gander Mountain on 9-19-2013. They had just received some .22 LR ammo. The CCI standard velocity was $6.99 per box of 50 and the Winchester High Velocity was $9.99 per 100.
    6.99 for standard CCI is vary high in fact that's twice as much as it should be. I went to GM about 2-3 weeks back they had lots of ammo "no 22lr" but it was all way over priced. Every time I go I always walk out empty handed because they either don't have what I was looking for or it was way over priced.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I've yet to see anything reasonably priced at Gander Mountain.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    I found out there is a Dicky's about 35 miles from me so I'm going to go check them out and see how their prices are. I never been in a Dicky's before so not sure what to expect from them.

'Bout once every three years I go into a Gander Mountain just to refresh my disgust.
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    'Bout once every three years I go into a Gander Mountain just to refresh my disgust.
    Well I can save you a trip this time by saying it's a over priced sucker store .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Good to know. That will save me a trip. I won't support price gouging...and I never forget businesses who practice it.

Boolit Buddy

LGS had CCI std velocity for $5/box they sold it out about as fast as free booze would last at a bar.
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.

I bought my first box since the shortage began this weekend, 8.99 for 100 box CCI std. velocity at my LGS