Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: You know you're getting old when

In Remembrance

You know you're getting old when

You go to Cracker Barrel and look over the display of antique tools and implements and not only know them, but have used them!

Boolit Master
    Nobody says you have to tell off on yourself. The younger generation holds up a tool and says, "what's this?" just like we did.
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Its ok to know what a hog oiler , ice tongs and an apple peeler look like.

Now knowing how to rig and hitch a double draft on a walking triple plow because you ran one every spring and fall till you were 30 might make you look a little tired.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DLCTEX View Post
    You go to Cracker Barrel and look over the display of antique tools and implements and not only know them, but have used them!
    I resemble that remark!

dale in Louisiana
    (Not older than dirt, but when I got here it was still on the pallet in shrinkwrap)

Boolit Master

Working in the medical field and knowing doctors who began treating patients before they ordered labs.
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Boolit Master
    When you pull up to the local CVS drugstore drive through and the lady calls you by your first name. Frank

Boolit Buddy

Just back from a 3 week trip. Locked the safe and gun room and hid the keys in a safe place before I left. Told the wife where the keys were and now neither one of us can remember. It appears we are both suffering from a bad case of CRS (Can't Remember ****). It sucks getting old sometimes, but at least the keys are safely hidden from any intruders.

Starbits
    "Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow. The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds." Louis L'Amour The Walking Drum

Boolit Buddy
    Now what was it I was going to say?

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't know how to tell when you are getting old. Let me get there and I will let you know.....

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by starbits View Post
    Just back from a 3 week trip. Locked the safe and gun room and hid the keys in a safe place before I left. Told the wife where the keys were and now neither one of us can remember. It appears we are both suffering from a bad case of CRS (Can't Remember ****). It sucks getting old sometimes, but at least the keys are safely hidden from any intruders.

Starbits
    An old neighbor that lived down the road from our farm told my Dad that he would put his extra gas barrel keys in the can of coffee grounds. This way when he made coffee he`d see the keys.Robert

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by starbits View Post

Starbits
    I have skills that will allow me to give you entry to your room full of precious treasures. I take payment in items beginning with .30 ????????
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy

Worse yet, you not only have and use the old tool, yours is in better shape.

Boolit Master

Life is good. Walk into the bedroom, dining room, kitchen, garage---why did I come out here? Keys, glasses, etc. Where are they? Me and CRS are old friends. As Daddy said--there is an alternative to getting old! I'll take getting old. Make lists, forget where they are. Go to store, forget list. DANG! It's all good. Just adds humor to life. Have a place for everything, that's what I was taught. Where is that place? LOL
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

Or like a friend of mine once said, “You know how you can tell when you're getting old, when taking a leak feels almost as good as sex . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Almost!"
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

..when your wife says " your hair is sure getting white"

Boolit Buddy

When it takes all night to do the things you used to do all night

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    ..when your wife says " your hair is sure getting white"
    Little kids in all sincerity ask, "what happened to your hair?"
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Or like a friend of mine once said, “You know how you can tell when you're getting old, when taking a leak feels almost as good as sex . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Almost!"
    I actually know what you mean.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

When all you can see is the lid.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    When you go into McDonalds and for the first time, the kids offer you the senior discount on a cup of coffee without asking.