Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone purchased from Dillon lately?

Banned

Anyone purchased from Dillon lately?

I just ordered a set of 9mm dies from dillon only to read that they were 8 weeks or so behind. Within a day of my order they charged my credit card. Just wondering if this is common practice to charge a card and then wait weeks for delivery or are they getting things shipped out fairly quickly.

Vendor Sponsor

Typically NOT. They aren't really supposed to charge your card until they process the order and usually "processing the order" means putting it in a box and sending it out the door.

I just received a bunch of stuff from LAPG and there were several things that were backordered. They only charged for the things that they shipped, and will charge the card when the other things ship and not charge shipping a second time. This is one of my pet peeves about Midway. They will charge you again for shipping anytime they ship a BO'd item.

Dillon is a pretty good outfit to deal with. I doubt they will screw you. However I would check the status of your order,,, They may have already shipped it, or at least parts of it.

They only complaint I have with them is they need to hire a few more phone people until the bubble is over. I called the other day looking for a few little plastic parts and it was 35 minute wait.

I am placing the order online.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Bub

I bought a Square Deal B about 3 months ago. They didn't charge my card until it shipped, about 5 weeks later.

Love Life
    That means your dies will be in the mail shortly.

Vendor Sponsor

I personally won't deal with Dillon, I don't care HOW good their stuff is.

Made an order with them, you could NOT SEE until you paid for the order that they were 8 weeks out, there is no place you can cancel your order or edit your order, they don't answer email and you CANNOT CALL THEM.

Nuf said.

Boolit Buddy
    Well... I have called and talked to them 4 times in the last 4 weeks and everything I needed was in stock and shipped the next day.

Boolit Buddy
    You sure about that Doug ?, right on the front page of their site is a big red notice about the 8 week backorder, I've never bothered calling, but they always answer my emails within a day or two.

Fred

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I personally won't deal with Dillon, I don't care HOW good their stuff is.

Made an order with them, you could NOT SEE until you paid for the order that they were 8 weeks out, there is no place you can cancel your order or edit your order, they don't answer email and you CANNOT CALL THEM.

Nuf said.
    Ummm. Last time I ordered from them at the height of the craziness their main page said:

ORDERS MAY BE 6-8 WEEKS OUT. Please do not slander a company because you failed to read the bill board size leade time warning.

ETA: I just typed in Dillonprecision.com and the first thing I saw was the warning. Here is the link: http://www.dillonprecision.com/

Your dog don't hunt dougGuy and Dillon deserves an apology.

Vendor Sponsor

If your card was charged by dillon your stuff will arrive within days..

I just placed a fairly large order with them and asked how long before shipping knowing about the large shipping warning .. Was told within days... 4 days later all the way across the country from them my order arrived
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Dillon , never a problem

I spoke with them the other day about an issue with my 1050. Tech guy was great, he spent all the time I needed to figure out the issue. He took my order for spare parts and my credit card #. Told me the parts would be here by Thursday, and they were. As far as not calling them, if you picked up the phone 3 months ago you may have not gotten through. But now they answer. How could you miss this on their home page?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails order_notice2.jpg  

Vendor Sponsor

Nope, I stand on my comment, there was no big red warning when I made my order some months back. the big red warning appeared as a small red notice that this item was not in stock which you could not see until you completed checkout. I owe no apologies thank you.

Several long waits on the phone in attempts to reach them by phone, a number of emails unanswered, I finally got my order cancelled by copy/paste the order confirmation with a request not to ship this item, not to charge my credit card, to please cancel my order to about 6 different email addresses at dillon. Finally one of them reached customer service, took me several days before it was cancelled and yes they had billed my card but it was one of those where they "hold" the amount until they ship so about a week after I got email saying they had cancelled the order, the charge disappeared off the card.

Love Life
    I've never seen the small red notice and I ordered many items in the last couple months from Dillon that were out of stock.

45 ACP dies
    Dillon Super 1050
    Dillon Media separator

My earliest order being the 2nd of March...

Boolit Mold Chief Running Water's Avatar
    Yes, it does take a while to get them on the phone, But they do pick up. On average for myself 40 minutes (This was a week ago). Taking some weeks of delivery should be expected in the currant climate. Maybe months ago Things were worse. But it's worth giving them another try.

I ordered another 1050 in April, came in 2 weeks later. It was part of a larger order of 3 or 4 of them, all completed within 3 weeks.

Might be harder to just get dies though, when they can stick them in a press and make a bit more coin.

Boolit Master
    Dillon is a first rate company that stands behind their product. Yesterday my neighbor got in his new 550 that he ordered about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I spent the morning helping him set it up and load ammo. He is one happy camper. Don't worry, your order will be delivered shortly.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

Banned

i ordered few things thru the past 4 months on phone. No prob , here within 5 days. I asked first while i talked to a real person on the phone. They said , yep in stock. I said ok, i'll want one. Same with Lyman and RCBS. Try a telephone once, and ask if in stock first. Now you might have to hold a lil' while. I like talkin to em anyway. Oh, I did the same with magma star, using a telephone. Ma Bell.

Boolit Mold
    Dillon = Class Act and awesome machinery.

I do all my orders on-line, never an issue.

Ordered a 650 for my father-in-law 3 weeks ago...took 9 days to show up.

Never been charged unless something is about to show up. If you sign up with FedEx for shipping notices/updates, you will get e-mails whenever anything is on the way to your house (Dillon or otherwise).

Boolit Mold

I've had 3 orders recently and they did screw up and ship one wrong part.
    5 minutes on hold and then a quick recap of the problem and the correct item was on the way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LynC2 View Post
    Dillon is a first rate company that stands behind their product. Yesterday my neighbor got in his new 550 that he ordered about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I spent the morning helping him set it up and load ammo. He is one happy camper. Don't worry, your order will be delivered shortly.
    I have no doubt about Dillon being a first rate company. I had one of their first Square Deal presses and it had developed a problem after years of use and they sent out the parts I needed at no cost for the parts or shipping. I have sold the Square Deal since then and purchased a XL650. My Presses will always be Dillons if for no other reason than they back up what they sell. Sure, I could have purchased a Lee or something else that was cheaper but in the long run I want a product that doesn't normally break and if it does its replaced. Now, hopefully the Lee people reading this will not go off half cocked but to be perfectly honest the Dillon always works and the same can't be said for some of the other presses.

I had debated the purchase from Dillon as opposed to trying to purchase off Ebay. All I found on Ebay was someones used dies at more than new price or someone trying to get rich quick by selling their Dillon dies for 2X the original cost. I would sooner wait and save the money. I don't even own a 9mm yet but I am reloading for the wifes family so that they can continue to enjoy the sport of shooting when there is no ammo to be found. They purchase the lead, powder, primers, supply the cases and I do the work of casting the bullets and reloading for them at no personal gain.

Moderator Emeritus

I ordered my 223 dies from them on April 1st and as was previously stated there was the big red notice on the expected wait time. Just received the dies a week or so ago. I have had no problems speaking to them, just takes about an hour on hold but they have been great with their customer service. They charged my cc only when they were shipping my items, as the other stuff ordered besides the dies only took about 4 weeks. Will definitely continue using them.