Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 100 of 742 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 14838

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Trev did your blue turn black??
    The violet x2 I tried, before and have tried 20 since turn black.. the coating seems to work, just wont stay blue

as a side note, If I won, not much would change for me, I am quite happy with my life, might get a gardner, I hate mowing lawns. Much rather see 550 people get $1 mill than the other way around.
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin460 View Post
    Trev did your blue turn black??
    The violet x2 I tried, before and have tried 20 since turn black.. the coating seems to work, just wont stay blue

as a side note, If I won, not much would change for me, I am quite happy with my life, might get a gardner, I hate mowing lawns. Much rather see 550 people get $1 mill than the other way around.
    I am with you.
    I have said many times previously, that an average person earns about a million in a lifetime of working.
    With all these various lotteries, I had always thought, that it would be very good idea to have multiple winners of equal amounts.
    with 550 million winner, it is a mindless amount of money for someone who is a battler.
    That sort of win, I would predict would ruin some folks lives, after they go on a spending spree and suffer health problems associated with the trying to protect themselves from "bargain hunters"..

As said by many folk, money is the root of all evil..... (it would be good though, to have enough so you don't go hungry, had a roof over your head and were comfortable).

Boolit Master
    I have been Hi-Tek coating 45s, 38s and 9mms for several months and have the procedure perfected for my equipment. Now I want to coat some 22 cal 55 grain C225-55-RF boolits. They fall through the holes in my present screens.
    Does anybody here have experience coating these small Boolits? I have the standard green, and Copper resins and the standard and the 2 extreme Catalysts. Which is best? Do I need to adjust the time in the oven for such a small diameter Boolit?

Boolit Grand Master

I have been using aluminum window screen. I cut it a little larger than my tray, bend the edges up, and just set it in the tray. You may want to run a cycle in the oven with nothing on it as it gives off an aluminum colored coating at first.

Boolit Grand Master

Awhile back someone asked for pictures of the pid units I built so here is the first one I did. The cabinet is vented so I did not install a heat sink on the solid state relay. I used it thru the Arizona summer and it never got too hot to lay my hand on.

The thermocouple in this case is a T-nut rethreaded for the metric thread from 1/4-20 thread and brazed to the bottom of my RCBS lead pot. For the ovens to bake my boolits coated with HT I drilled a hole in the sheet metal double thickness sheetmetal then enlarged the outer hole so the thermocouple nut would reach the inner sheetmetal. Depending on where the hole is drilled the setting may have to be adjusted to get the correct temperature in the oven.

The second and third pids I did not install a light in the front of the box as the pid has indicator lights on it and also the RCBS pot and the toaster ovens have lights. IIRC I have about $40 to $60 in each pid. I reduced the cost some by buying outdoor extension cords and cutting them to bring power in and out of the pid. This costs about the same ($10) as buying the 2 plugs needed without the wire. I left the power in side long so I did not have to use another cord to reach the plugs in my garage and the power out cord is about 1' long.

Boolit Master
    Sweet setup.
    Over the holiday break, I'm rebuilding my PID into an old UPS case that has the power outlets already mounted at the rear of the case.
    Going to install 2 PIDs as I have 1 for the main pot and another for the pre-heat/ pre-melt pot. I have some plugs to allow the 6" K sensors to also plug into the rear of the case.

Since moving to the Heller oven, I do not need the PID on it as this oven has perfect heat control.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Banned

Gator breath, get out there & get those christmas lights up.

Boolit Master
    Ha. Not this year, gunslick. You got yours up? Hitek joe just got a delivery of jack daniels. Don't expect anything from him over the holidays. He will have alcohol poisoning for the next 4 weeks.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Ha. Not this year, gunslick. You got yours up? Hitek joe just got a delivery of jack daniels. Don't expect anything from him over the holidays. He will have alcohol poisoning for the next 4 weeks.
    Ha,
    I have the Jack Daniels from my sons, but no time to holiday or to relax, and, I was told by the boss, "you have no time to sit around", "you have coatings to make and supply".
    Locals also want it all before holidays, and newer and better, bigger and brighter......lol
    Ah well, such is life.....

Boolit Master

God created Jack Danial's as a counterbalance to over demanding bosses.

Well guys I definitely am going to give up on the hi tek on the 9mm....it just won't work for me. Hours of testing following hours of cleaning the barrel.

But I did find something that will work for me.

Also the hitek works awesome in my rifles! Need to work up a load for my 30-30 because I would shoot a 4" group at 50 yards.
    A bit faster powder should work just fine!
    1,000,000 peso man

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonman View Post
    God created Jack Danial's as a counterbalance to over demanding bosses.
    If you ever get a chance, take the tour of the distillery. Makes your mouth water seeing all of the warehouses stacked to the ceiling with barrels filled with liquid gold! The only problem, the don't give out samples and you can't buy the stuff there! It's a dry county!
    Gatewaybullets.com

Do not get side-tracked when baking boolits, I got stuck on the phone today with a customer and missed the timer alarm, boolits do not like 18 mins at 202c LOL.

Theres 250 ready for the pot....
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Banned

No, trev. I'll prob just put my same lights up which is not much or might just go cast some 380's.

Banned

No trev. well maybe those lights l put up last year. I'll put em up friday morning.

Can someone explain the HT 9mm problems?

Boolit Master

Could Magana505 problem with 9MM related to the

RUGER SR9 he's shooting the pills in?

Boolit Master

Could Magana505 problem with 9MM related to the

RUGER SR9 he's shooting the pills in?

Boolit Master

Apparently Magana505 has had 9MM success with Harbor Freight

"RED" Powder Coating.

He has fired 100 rounds through his Ruger SR9 and has CLEAN BARREL.

At least he found a coating he's happy with, even if it's not HI-TEC.

300 as of today, with a lead free barrel.

Going to try the SKS, 45-70, and the 30-30 on Saturday with the hi tek coating, did get good results with the 30-30 last time. Going to try a different powder hoping for better results!
    1,000,000 peso man

Magana - what color HiTek , load & alloy for 30/30? Green didn't work for me, above ~ 1200 fps, but did in 9 & 40. HF works fine in 30/30, try the dry tumble method.
    Whatever!