Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Pistol Primers

Boolit Grand Master

Small Pistol Primers

Paid $42 out the door for 1000 Federal SP primers. Limit of 1000 per type, Rifle and pistol, per day, per customer. He had 1000 Federal primers left, but a small supply of Remington. Good selection of powder, but missing Unique, WW231. One pound ONLY per person per day. The anesthetist who told me about it, said they had a good stock of Federal primers yesterday. They are almost gone till the next shipment.

He said they were doing this policy until stock became consistent. If you show up every day for several days, you are cut-off. The reason given is they want to spread supplies around. Works for me.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

I challenge your middle of nowhere, and raise you 5.
    Supplies is a good thing.
    Guns should only be allowed in places where people don't want to be shot.

Well it's either that or raise prices, which it looks like they already have. Yes, times are tough, going to like that for quite awhile I am afraid.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Grand Master
    They are doing there best to spread supplies around. There are folks who would come in and buy all they had. The had CCI .22 Mini-Mags as well $10.99 per hundred. 1 box only per day. After a couple of days, you're cut off.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

A Guy a used to buy from put rationing in place last shortage. To buy primers you had buy the same number of jacketed bullet. Great for casters .... not.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    CCI spp $45/K out the door. Yep, they've gone up.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    CCI spp $45/K out the door. Yep, they've gone up.
    Just Remington, Federal and MagTech. MagTech were several dollars more. Never used them. Winchester is my preferred brand. Probably more of a tradition than anything else. When I started loading, thats what my mentors used.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

Boolit Buddy
    I bought 2,000 small pistol primers and a pound of Red Dot Monday. The primers were Remington and were $42 plus tax and the powder was $22 plus tax. He had 1,000 primers and a pretty good bit of powder left. He also had cases of ammo knee deep at the old or near old prices.
    Small place in a guys barn out in the middle of nowhere in East Texas. It's unbelievable how much business he does.
    Last edited by tengaugetx; 05-18-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Boolit Master

Same with a LGS I have down the road from me. 200 primers limit per day and only 1 lb of powder of one type per day. You could buy 10 lbs of powder I'm thinking, but it had to be 10 different types. I went in for 3031 last week, and he told me 1lb limit. Told me to come back a week later on a tuesday, he should have more come in.
    Told him I'm 35 mi away, and I must've looked pretty pathetic as he told me, don't tell noone, and he gave me 2 lbs!!

Boolit Lady

Yes, they've gone up, but I think it's the dealers, not the factories. Our local guy has kept his prices the same, only raises as the factory raises him. I paid $30 for small pistol primers this week, and he apologized for the price increase. That's up from $28 2 years ago. Only 1 brick at a time, though.

Bought 2000 cci 550 last week at 39.95 a box. I think this is the going price now days.
    , but oh well.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Nope, it's the factories. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Grand Master

I don't know. I was at the Dixie Gun Show in Raleigh last week and paid regular prices for everything. $28/1,000 for Tula LP. The Win and CCI Lp were about $34 and the Alliant 2400 was $21/lb. I think it's the dealers trying to get the money back they spent buying the stuff during the scare. Some of the same 2400 was $28lb at a different booth
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    I'm sorry, I usually talk wholesale rather than retail. Costs to distributors will be around 30 percent increase, if the manufacturers get their way. One big box store said they won't buy products from one of the big name factories this year unless the costs came down to within reason. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master

There have been times I have cussed living here in the deep south of Texas but I have been very lucky in having steady access to powder and primers. Yep, prices have gone up but components are available. I do keep my reserves sufficient though, just in case...

Boolit Buddy
    I was looking for small pistol primers today, but all that the store which I was in had was Remington small rifle and a whole shelf full of Winchester Large pistol standard/Magnum. I did grab a Winchester WLP brick of 1K for $39.99 to keep the reserve up. It's not the best price, but one cannot be sure when you'll see any the next time you stop in. I have seen nothing for powder locally so far but I haven't been looking too hard because I still have some in reserve.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Just Remington, Federal and MagTech. MagTech were several dollars more. Never used them. Winchester is my preferred brand. Probably more of a tradition than anything else. When I started loading, thats what my mentors used.

Shiloh
    My preferred brand of primers in also Winchester.

Funny how we get started on traditions; when I was a kid (pre Navy days) buying primers 100 at a time, brand didn't really matter to me. Whatever the local guy stocked was what I used.

Once I got started loading for handguns in bulk, in San Diego, buying in quantity became more important. There was a dealer that attended most of the gunshows that always had Winchester primers, usually cheaper than the other brands, so that is what I started using.

Robert

Boolit Buddy
    That's idea good to keep a spread of supplies, much better then gougeing $75.00 per 1000,
    I would rather come back a handfull of times and pay "Fair" then pay crazy prices and those are higher but I really think it the new Norm,,
    Days of the $35.00 brick died back in the old days, ( last year )
    Sorta puts me in mind of Gas lines...
    we bitched about the amount we could get and prices paid,,
    and now we all wish for that price per gallon..

Its the new norm...

Patrick
    Trust in God and Keep your Powder Dry ~ Oliver Cromwell

It's Said Republicans want to Pour all your Money down the Drain,,
    Where as the Democrats want a Bigger Drain,

Please Give me 24 to 48 Hours to respond to PM, Thank You

My Feedback, (did I buy or sell to you? Please add your Comments)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter!

Boolit Buddy
    its pretty sad. Some guys are going to Cabela's and buying 20K's worth of primers, then selling on the net or to their buds on the net. They call them 'club buys.'
    Right. Most shops, including Cabela's, started the 3 box limit per trip. 'bout freakin time.
    I get the ammo shorts, but why handguns? About one week ago, Cabela's in Hamburg was wiped out. At $500- $2K apiece, I find this hard to fathom.
    I am having a problem processing this, but with Obummer in charge, we have the most corrupt govt in my 65 year memory. He prolly had the DHS buy up all the ammo to curtail the gun sales!

Boolit Buddy
    I bought Winchester primers and some powder from Powder Valley on a group buy with three other guys about 6 months ago. The primers were $26/1000, powder in the $17-$18 range. Unfortunately I didn't re-supply small pistol primers at the time, so I'm almost out. I don't remember the last panic, but did prices go up and then back down then?