Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boston Bombing Fallout: ALL Gunpowder On Gov't Hitlist

Boolit Master
    Is it not amazing what this one president has done to the trust in our goverment.I,m 68 years of age
    & NEVER in my life time have I EVER seen Americans in such a state of mine.

So very sad a man can buy the election with our own money.
    Fly

A one sentence editorial, that appeared in the Peoria Journal Star, speaks volumes..............

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    pietro, a profound truth!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    Fox news is reporting that bomber #1 purchased two of the "Most powerful kits" available from a New Hampshire fireworks dealer. Some $300 worth. ATF confirms that propellant used in bombs was consistant with type found in fireworks. For Lautenberg and his cohorts.....OOOPS! Lets see if they are as tough on the fireworks industry.

Boolit Master

Having made some home made explosives as a kid from fire cracker powder I can tell you that can be some scary stuff. Got me in way to much trouble as a kid. The old man was much tougher on me than any law enforcement.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Fly

Well the point is, THAT these dumb butts DON"T GET,It's not the honest people that do these things.It is
    the crazy's.Do they think making it harder to get or make stuff is going to stop them?
    With all due respect, Fly - it's gun owners who think like that that "don't get it" !

The anti's KNOW that - it's about CONTROL, and eventual fufillment of their dreams of banishment, as is virtually the case in Great Britain.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hodges View Post
    Fox news is reporting that bomber #1 purchased two of the "Most powerful kits" available from a New Hampshire fireworks dealer. Some $300 worth. ATF confirms that propellant used in bombs was consistant with type found in fireworks. For Lautenberg and his cohorts.....OOOPS! Lets see if they are as tough on the fireworks industry.
    I think it was on CBS ( no less !! ) reporting that indeed it was BIG fireworks sets. The older of the two perpetrators purchased one kit and got the second free--what a deal. The kits contained what is called "mortars",these puppys are big and very loud when they go off. It would be very easy to imagine a number of these mortars placed in a sealed vessel doing the damage they did.
    I wonder if the good Senator bothers to read the morning news at all and if he accidentally did-- what he thinks now.
    Surely it wouldn't have anything to do with getting one's research done first before opening one's big mouth.
    I for one would gladly accept his public personal apology.
    Facta non verba

Boolit Buddy
    I apologize for always harping about this, and having only one statement to make over and over to boot but every person who believes in gun rights must be politically active. The 2 US Senators from my state voted against the gun grab legislation earlier this month. One is a Democrat and he is up for re-election next year. I am a single-issue voter when it comes to guns but more than that, I will be going door-to-door for a Democrat for the first time ever because this senator stuck with us when circumstances gave him a chance to either help or hurt us. The newspapers even claim Obama called him and twisted his arm about the gun bill, and what he claims to have told Obama is about what we shooters would have wanted him to tell Obama (realistically of course). I will probably be going to fund-raisers, maybe even hold one at the house (possibly hiding the silver since many Democrats would come). I may be stuffing envelopes, putting yard signs at the homes of other shooters, etc. - all the stuff gun people must do if politicians are going to stick with us. When the NRA emailed me to thank this senator on the day after the vote I had already done that earlier in the day (left him a voice-mail that is). We need to reinforce good behavior when we see it in elected officials.

And we need to thank the NRA and our good luck for the existence of the NRA. I pitch the NRA to all shooters as I am sure we all do. When younger people mention the cost I get out my checkbook. What better gun-rights value can there possibly be than for an older person like myself to pay for a new NRA member?

Boolit Master
    pietro
    You got it! Anything that can be used to achieve that goal will be used. I think/feel even direct involvment in such sickening
    things as we see in the news these past months.
    My belief as well is that eventually they will get what they want. But oh my wont it be a surprise when they learn who they were really working for.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz330 View Post
    Having made some home made explosives as a kid from fire cracker powder I can tell you that can be some scary stuff. Got me in way to much trouble as a kid. The old man was much tougher on me than any law enforcement.

Bob
    It would appear that deconstructing fireworks is regular past time for boys

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    It would appear that deconstructing fireworks is regular past time for boys
    Deconstructing anything was a past time for me. My nickname for awhile was the mad bomber and I earned it honestly. I've told the story before but my old man probably rolls over in his grave every time I do. Most people have one Guardian Angel, I'm pretty sure that I was assigned a Platoon of them, to have made it to this age or even 25 for that matter.

Bob

Boolit Master
    Well Bob as you know I still make fireworks.But mine only exsplode high in the air.
    Ground salutes of any power are a no,no now days.You can get into BIG trouble making
    them.

More fun watching a shell exsplode high up & the colored stars light up the sky.

We change as we get older, Fly

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hodges View Post
    Where did you see that the explosive used was from the fireworks? I cannot find it anywhere....other than people assuming that it was the case. I don't think it was black powder as the exposion was too violent with a very strong shock wave.

I have also seen pictures of two of the components of the bomb and they did not have any black powder residue on them, or any residue that I could see.
    Last edited by Texantothecore; 04-25-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Well Bob as you know I still make fireworks.But mine only exsplode high in the air.
    Ground salutes of any power are a no,no now days.You can get into BIG trouble making
    them.

More fun watching a shell exsplode high up & the colored stars light up the sky.

We change as we get older, Fly
    That was a real long time ago when I was 13. I agree with you on the high in the sky stuff.

Bob

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texantothecore View Post
    Where did you see that the explosive used was from the fireworks? I cannot find it anywhere....other than people assuming that it was the case. I don't think it was black powder as the exposion was too violent with a very strong shock wave.

I have also seen pictures of two of the components of the bomb and they did not have any black powder residue on them, or any residue that I could see.
    It was reported on Fox & a interveiw with the fire works store.Not everything in night effects is black powder.The thing is
    bombs as that can be made from many differant things.Propane, Ammonium nitrate & so many things it is crazy.I just hope
    the goverment doe's not go after the fireworks industry.

We can not stop thease crimes by regulating everything in our lives.It is the people doing this stuff.When I was a kid we had
    no gun controll & no crimes like today.It is the people behind this that need to be addressed.

JMOHOP Fly

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    It was reported on Fox & a interveiw with the fire works store.Not everything in night effects is black powder.The thing is
    bombs as that can be made from many differant things.Propane, Ammonium nitrate & so many things it is crazy.I just hope
    the goverment doe's not go after the fireworks industry.

We can not stop thease crimes by regulating everything in our lives.It is the people doing this stuff.When I was a kid we had
    no gun controll & no crimes like today.It is the people behind this that need to be addressed.

JMOHOP Fly
    A agree with all you said. I think it is a mistake to regulate the general populace as if they we're crazy. We're not.