Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Utah Mine tradgedy

Boolit Bub

Utah Mine tradgedy

anyone been following the mine collapse in central utah? What are you thoughts on that if so? Its an unfortunate tradgedy but I sure cant stand to hear the owner of the mine speak at his press conferences.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Bad deal all around, Jimmy. Only thing I can say about the owner, he himself, was trapped in a mine cave in at one time, and has a better idea of the anguish than anyone else would. He's not a company mouthpiece, spouting drivel. He's been there, done that, and survived. I think this gives him the hope and feeling, that the men will be saved, even when all logical hope has passed.

Boolit Bub
    True. I cant even begin to act like I know what its like, but the way he talks about things sure doesnt seem to show much compassion or hope to me. He just strikes me as someone whos more concerned about covering his own butt than the loss of the families affected.

In Remebrance

Considering the treatment he knows is coming in court, from the Mine safety folks, form the anti-coal people, etc,etc,etc I find it refreshing he had the nutz to tell the press off a couple times. Even if they pull every guy out of there alive the owners will be dead meat.

Coal Mine Cave-in

I grew up in Coal country (Fayette Co. Pa) in the 50's-60's and when the Robina mine fell down 27 men were lost. Out of those 27, 5 were fathers of kids in my Sr class. It sets a pall of doom over everyone in the whole reigon, for a long time.

May the ones who are trapped and those left behind remember all the good times before this tragedy.

May the Maker hold all concerned in his hand.

TwoTrees

Boolit Bub
    It really is a sad deal. Especially when there were lives lost in attempting to recover the first, whethere they are alive or not. Once again though, I dont know personally how anything of this sort really affects someone. Im just an outsider making observations and my prayers go out to those affected.