WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Bayou Bullet Lube

Boolit Buddy

Bayou Bullet Lube

Bayou bullets has it for sale.
    http://www.bayoubullets.net/Coating.html
    Just wondering what the steps are besides tumbling. Nothing really much said on the site.

Boolit Master

There are some YouTube videos on it

I don't have a link sorry.

Pretty easy though. Basically tumble, let dry. Bake. Repeat of necessary.

One pint will lube about 26000 9mm per bayou bullets email to me.

Boolit Buddy

Yep just found a few vids. Seems simple.
    Vid part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VevKJgHseWc
    Vid part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU7PbbtbAtE

If you have not yet, see thread titled "Lead bullets coated with polymer Paint". Member Hi Tech in Australia makes the stuff.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master
    I ordered some last week so I will know soon if its better than the old way with my Lyman 450 and RCBS LAm.

Boolit Buddy
    I drove over to Bayou Bullets last Thursday and picked up a bottle. I've shot Bayou Bullets a few times over the last year and found them to shoot well with little smoke. I was glad to learn that Donnie was selling the product. I'll be casting for the next couple of days then I'll be trying out the product. I found Donnie to be very knowledgeable and helpful. He has quite a large operation. I saw at least 5 master casters going full speed and 4 or 5 sizers running. Talk about noise! I'll report back once I've had time to do some T&E.
    "He who walks with the wise grows wise,
    but a companion of fools suffers harm."
    Proverbs 13:20

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Wilson, I will have to say that the Book Of Proverbs is one of my most favorite in the Old Testament. It is full of wonderful knowledge for man to read and live by.
    Your choice of verse 13:20 is a good one for sure.
    There are many who think that we have no roads and are backwards people who will eat anything including them mudbugs that live in holes of dirt and water.
    I feel your spelling of Proverbs was a simple finger miscue as the V and the B reside next to each other. Perhaps you should correct that my Louisiana friend and neighbor. Take Care David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Here are the directions Donnie sent me yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HI_TEK_LUBE_Bullet_Coating_Directions.pdf  

Boolit Buddy
    Mine should be here tommorow. Got a couple thousand boolits casted up ready to try. Donnie was real helpful on the phone.

Bardo

Anybody using this on cast rifle boolits, particularly any higher velocity? Anybody tried this on magnum level revolter boolit loads?
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Buddy
    I will be trying it out in a 223 and 300 blackout when it gets here.

No longer living in the High Country, Australia, a lowlander now.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftiye View Post
    Anybody using this on cast rifle boolits, particularly any higher velocity? Anybody tried this on magnum level revolter boolit loads?
    We have been using this coating on our boolits for 15+yrs here in Oz..........there are no commercial cast boolit sellers that use soft lube anymore.......none.
    I use them primary in my pistols loads, whenever buying commercially sold boolits, 9mm & .357 & leading just does not happen, sizing is still king though.
    Many use the coating in there longarms, but I cant really comment on those loads as I don't cast for my rifles, rarely shoot them.
    Last edited by Wal'; 04-02-2013 at 10:54 AM.

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too."

Boolit Mold
    Does anyone know where else you can buy the stuff since Bayou Bullets is not accepting new orders?

Quote Originally Posted by QasoSwat View Post
    Does anyone know where else you can buy the stuff since Bayou Bullets is not accepting new orders?
    He's out already? HI-TEK just posted he's got a new shipment. Maybe he hasn't updated his website? I'd call him.

Boolit Buddy
    The shipment is in the U.S. It just hasn't arrived to me yet. I should have it in hand by next week.
    Once it arrives I will begin notifying those who are on the order list. If you wish to place an order you can either pm me here, or e-mail bayoubullets@yahoo.com
    Or give me a call 225 324 4501
    Thanks
    Donnie

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip62 View Post
    He's out already? HI-TEK just posted he's got a new shipment. Maybe he hasn't updated his website? I'd call him.

Shipment arrived yesterday.
    Those who have orders pending I should start shipping them (Fed Ex) in few days.
    Those who wish to place an order please e-mail me at bayoubullets@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    Donnie

Boolit Grand Master

leftiye, I've shot HT coated boolits in my 30-06 to 1,950fps so far with no issues. This was with SR4759 as a powder. I am going to switch to H4895 and continue the testing until things go south.
    I have also shot HT coated boolits in my Ruger SBH Hunter in 41 mag to over 1,300 fps (220gr) with excellent accuracy and no issues.

I coated around 4,000 boolits today. I bought a small Black & Decker convection oven from Goodwill yesterday for $3.99!! Took some cleaning up but it works great along with my original B&D toaster oven.

Boolit Buddy
    I have either sent an e-mail or left a phone message to all that I had on the waiting list.
    If I have omitted anyone please contact me: bayoubullets@yahoo.com
    I will start shipping as soon as payment is made.
    Should anyone else want some let me know.
    Thanks
    Donnie