Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: little off topic - Brass catcher

Boolit Bub
    Thanks Guys!

I really appropriate it. keep em coming

it is not a brass catcher but I call it my redneck brass deflector. a cheap aquarium fish net, wrapped in duct tape (the redneck part), an Velcro wire organizing straps. knocks 95% of the 22 brass out of my mossberg 715t to my feet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1889d1a6.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	63463

Boolit Buddy
    I made one last year that was 24" x 24" with fish net and mounted on a old photo tripod. I set up at shoulder height, when shooting a 45 acp, and it would catch only 70% of the shells, some would go over, bounce off the net or frame. I gave up on the idea because I still have to search and pick up 30% of the shells. Moving it closer helped but I found it distracting when plate shooting. Bob
    BOB
    22LR, 9MM, 45 ACP, 45 LC, 45-70, 6MM BR, 30BR, 222, 204, 22-250, 7-30 WATERS, 12GA, 36 & 44 BP

Boolit Master

I use 2 brass catchers. The first is for AR15 flat tops. You need one slot on the forward end of the scope rail to mount it. Google
    3BUCC to find it. It's pricy but is the best I ever used. One stays on my Beowulf all the time, even when deer hunting. You can buy extra bases to mount on the rail and move the catcher from rifle to rifle. The second is a huge 1x4 frame (about 3½ft x 3½ft)
    with about a foot deep foot on the bottom. I hung that heavy woven cloth that is used to stop arrows shot at a target in the frame and it sort of bags at the bottom. It will hold hundreds of cases.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Buddy
    I only shoot on my own range but discovered 30 years ago that an inexpensive metal detector will 'find' all of my empty cases. Only takes a few minutes at the end of my session and I don't worry about losing brass, which can be distracting.

Boolit Master

Ball cap hung over the AR scope.

Boolit Master
    +1 on the 3BUCC
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison