Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2008 NEVADA CAST BULLET SHOOT 2008, Repeat, 2008

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

sounds like a fine P.R. move

BruceB: Although I haven't annoyed varmints since I started losing my hair( sometime prior to B.I.L.'s and Sis wedding pic's dated 3/58) I'm thinking you have come up with too great an opportunity for expanding our circle of influence to be allowed to pass sans some positive response. I'm confident there will still be ample chance to close out leases,negotiate purchases,and record new business regardless of our order of fire.. Congrats on snagging the 2c RCBS 35-200.. I had some thought toward laying off one of my VINTAGE examples on you, and,in my dreams,collecting something on the order of the $147.50 that a 2c Lyman 358627 brought @ e-Bay ,5/10/08....!! Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Moderator Emeritus

Bruce, Since there will be some wives there it may be more convenient to have a competition day and a gopher day. I can see Holly being super bored at a gopher shoot. Gianni
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master
    Bruce--

I think you know my thoughts on the rat strafing.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Super Moderator

Lottsa room, eh?

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Bruce,

I would like to see two half days of our usual shoot and two half days for Rat shooting.

AM. for the Rats and PM for our shoot or if afternoon is better for the Rats, then visa-versa.

Nothing wrong with fudging, making a long and short half day for those that want to.

Just my thoughts, I'll go along with whatever use-guys choose.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Buddy
    I was going to have to pass this year (again) but the option of rat shooting is too much to ignore. Too much work and not enough time. I know I have a bag of 311041gb and soup cans for the 30 cals but that is about it. Unless I get stuck for jury duty I can get there on Saturday and leave on tues (if there is stuff to stay for). Don't want to impose but can we camp on site? Will know more in a day or so...

Brian (not that far away but still about $300 in diesel!)

l

Boolit Master
    Hello All,

Yes I will be there. Just got a new mountain mould's 210 gr fp for 35 Rem, a three holer! Need to get casting and loading. See you there!

ammohead

Boolit Grand Master
    Of course, you know, this means The War Wagon mods will have to be hurried along now. Home Depot, here I come.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    Heard there was a shoot'em at a bar in Winnemucca this last weekend. Wanted to check and make sure all here were okay. Wasn't sure if the NCBS was last weekend or this weekend.

On Heaven's Range

The time draws near.

For those who happen to arrive in time, let's meet at The Griddle for Friday lunch at ONE P.M. This should avoid the bulk of the lunchtime crowd.

Everyone I know seems to be taking the Saturday-night gunfight in stride. Plenty of people here are legal gun-carriers, and it's one more illustration of WHY having an "equalizer" makes good sense. There's just no telling how many lives were saved by the timely intervention of the armed gent from Reno. Incidentally, the bar manager puts the crowd at around forty people, instead of the WILDLY inflated figure of 300 being tossed around by police and press....300 in that building would be extremely tight, if not actually impossible.

Bdoyle, I wouldn't count on camping on site. It's private ground, and I know that if it were my property, I'd like to have it to myself. Mr. Cassinelli is going far enough in just granting access to our thundering herd, I think. He'll meet us on Saturday morning and indicate "a few spots", as he puts it.

The weather forecast is looking good, partly cloudy with mid-70s temps through the weekend, and we are gonna have a fine time.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Banned

Wish you guys a great time. I'm up in Washington state right now, and just would not have been able to attend anyway.

Next yar god willing...

On Heaven's Range

Remember that the "Rools Kommittee" meets for dinner at the Spare Time bowling facility at 6 pm Friday.

Turn east on Bridge Street (the ONLY traffic light north of the Highway 95 intersection) and drive up to the railway tracks. Just BEFORE the tracks on the left is the bowling alley. Go through the bar to the meeting room. I can taste that mushroom & onion burger already....drool.

Boolit Grand Master
    Bruce et al--

I don't think I'll be there in time for the Griddle meeting, I'll be attending a concert band performance that includes our youngest daughter on Thursday at 7 P.M. in Riverside. I'll try to get away about 4 A.M. from here, which (if all goes well) should get me to Winnemucca about 3 P.M. Getting stuff prepped and doing a bit of reloading for the shoot at present. The Rules Committee Meeting goes without saying--I'M THERE.

Missed it by a week.

Was in Winnemucca last week-end but one of these years I'll make it there for the shoot. Hope the weather is better for you guys then what we had. Anyway, the reason for this post is to let you guys headed for Winnemucca this week-end know that there'll be a vendor set up over by the mule races selling boots. If you're thinking you may need a new pair of boots you really need to get over there and take look at what he has. I bought a pair last Memorial day and they are by far the most comfortable boot I have ever wore. The boots are made in China but so is a lot of other stuff in the stores today. So if you have the time and the need go check it out, you won't be sorry.

Have fun guys

Take Care

Roy

Super Moderator

..............What? No progress reports to keep us unfortunates feeling sorry for ourselves?

............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Banned

Yeah ..

Boolit Master
    Rick & Pat,

No feedback, because the guys like you to give feedback didn't go...........................so now you have to beg. Sound about right?LOL.

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

On Heaven's Range

It was a success. There are reasons for the delayed reporting. Members will be arriving home today and (I hope) posting their impressions.

Would you believe shade trees for the firing point and running streams on-site?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post

Would you believe shade trees for the firing point and running streams on-site?
    Oh my, my... that is awesome!...

Now I know I can't kick myself over it, cause there was no way I could have attended this year, but next year come hell or high water I am there..

Boolit Grand Master
    Exactamundo, amigos!

I didn't keep records of the shooting wins and losses, although I contributed mightily to the loss column during both days of the shooting. Ammohead DID kick a lot of our collective aspirations IIRC, but that is becoming a featured part of the program. That man can SHOOT.

My impressions dwell largely upon the beauty of the site arranged by BruceB, and upon the good will and friendly banter had among the attendees present. Every one of these meetings continues to be a better event than the prior year's affair, but this year's ideation was off the charts.

The site was a fallowed alfalfa field, roughly 1/4 mile x 1/4 mile. One edge had a very troutish-appearing stream flowing around it, with cottonwoods and alders providing shade to the firing line and attendees as needed. There was just enough breeze to keep the mosquitoes respectful, but not enough to significantly affect shooting (that particular "243 alibi" won't fly, and too many witnesses would dog me to the dusty earth if I tried it). The other edge was formed by a pretty steep tall hillside, about as mechanically-safe a site as could be built--let alone found. Early the first day of the meet, a number of muleys determined that People With Rifles did not march in lockstep with their best interests, so they departed from the cottonwoods and brush across the field from the firing line in an unhurried but definite retreat.

The Usual Suspects (paper targets and dinger plates) were erected at 25--50--and 100 yards. Additionally, the field enabled the set-up of a True And Righteous Long Range Match--417 yards from muzzle to metallic recipient, as lasered by the Range Staff. I got a chance to play with Ammohead's Browning 1885 repro in 45-70, and with that rig you had to strive mightily to miss at a mere 417 yards. One hell of a rifle and load, for sure. I tried that venue with my Savage 99 and its 100 grain spire points. By use of a handy granite rock about 12 degrees above the dinger plate on the hillside behind the plate, I could get rounds landing on or within the local dialing area of the dinger plate. I'm sure they would leave quite a welt on a deer at that distance.

Urny put on a FINE spread at lunchtime both days--that tuna was AWESOME. As usual, I over-ate in detail at every meal attended.

Onceabull brought a number of war toys and impliments of destruction to taunt and tantalyze one and all with. What a drain clog he can be. He has about a baker's dozen of 30-06 bolt variants that got me drooling all over myself, and (what a rotten trick) dragged out a S&W Model 544 to really get my heart started up (N-frame in 44-40 WCF). I tuned out the siren call of the Combat Masterpiece examples he plied me with, and kept my eyes on the prize--a 5" Model 10 to match up with my 5" M&Ps in 32-20 and 38 S&W. THEN--out comes an Official Police x 6" in 32-20. Bill has no idea how close he came to getting hit over the head with that one. Hard. That man is my own personal Pending Bankruptcy With Pulse And Respiration, simply put.

Dinner at Ormachea's was delightful, I really look forward to the Awards Banquet for the food and wild stories. The whole meeting--from Rules Committee at the Spare Time bowling alley (GREAT CHOW) to the Ormachea's meal was weight gain and story-sharing from start to finish. A meeting not to miss, if at all possible.

Marie's take on the matter upon my arrival home last night--I came home fatter, darker, and tireder than I left on Friday morning. Mission accomplished!