Load DataWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OK,$300 NRA Lifetime Membership going on NOW-No Sponser Needed!

Boolit Bub
    I upgraded..... Thanks for the heads up. I also donated money. Obama and his current pals are the most dangerous bunch of demagogues this country has seen in a long time. Do not underestimate them. Unite around the NRA and give! Also....write to your representatives!

Boolit Master

Well! I finally decided to sign up. Even at $300 for life, at my age(70) some of that is a donation. I've heard most of the gripes about the NRA and in IMHO they are straining at gnats.

I just signed up this morning and they have charged my credit card so I am going to change my NRA logo from "Member" to "Life Member". I've always envied those who were able to afford a life membership.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    While I'm in a rant mood.....Why hasn't a Moderator stickied this!!!!!! If this administration has it's way you can forget about casting and reloading,boys and girls!!!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    While I'm in a rant mood.....Why hasn't a Moderator stickied this!!!!!! If this administration has it's way you can forget about casting and reloading,boys and girls!!!
    Possibly because there was no proper request for it. Considering how you asked, I don't see it happening soon. We do not, and can not see every post. If a thread is not submitted to staff for consideration, it is possible the particular thread will not be read. If someone decides to rant at the staff on the board, I personally have no interest in taking action.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

This 300 buck Life Membership offer expires the end of January...so no need to sticky it !
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Sorry,I'm not in a real good mood right now and it gets worse everyday that I see people here doing so little to fight this insanity! I was a member to this site before it became Cast Boolits . I thought Moderaters made it a point to keep up with what is going on,that's why they are Moderators!!! Rant off!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Yeah, we're over paid, too. There are close to 2000 posts some days. How many do you read? Believe it or not, we have things we do behind the scenes to keep things running, too. Never assume we will see everything.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Mold
    Did it.

Boolit Master

In post #82 I indicated that the NRA had charged my credit card for the Life Membership. I just got a call from the NRA wanting me to extend my 5 yr membership. I guess they are so overwhelmed that they can't keep up with things. I'm not going to remove the Life Member logo since I have signed up but they have NOT charged my credit card. I hope they catch up soon. Or maybe I hope they don't catch up and continue to be inundated with people signing up for life.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

It's only been 3 days, someone in one of these threads posted that it was taking about 10 days for them get it posted. Dunno if that's accurate but . . . . .

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    I upgraded to Life Status on 1/16/13 and then started doing daily checks on my membership status on the NRA site. My membership status was finally updated to Life today so it would appear that the delay between paying for the upgrade and your change in membership status being registered on the NRA site is going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of two weeks, +/- two or three days. However, it could be longer depending on how many people took advantage of this great deal toward the end of the month. Is this about the delay that others are experiencing?

sleeper1428

Boolit Mold
    This $300 membership offer is going to stay open till the end of february so for a lifetime membership and a chance to help protect your right to buy your favorite $1000 firearms, not a bad deal. They have had over 6000 people sign up sofar.

Boolit Mold

Anybody know how long it takes to get the member information, I let my membership lapse for a couple years until I saw this post. My card is charged and I am getting emails so it went thru, I need the membership number for a local rifle club i am joining.

deal is now online https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...ampaignID=ar15 looks like it works for upgrades as well.
    "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." Understand?

Boolit Master

Just checked on my application for Life Membership. Applied 2 weeks ago and no change in status yet. Credit card not charged either. They said wait another week to 10 days. Beginning to feel a little guilty about adding NRA Life Member to my avatar.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    My upgrade to life packet took 3 weeks, I upgraded on January 18th received the packet yesterday February 7th. Don't feel bad about your avatar; just give it another week or so.

Boolit Master

Just checked on my status again. Now they are saying 8 wks. I needed to change my address anyway so hopefully by summer they will have caught up.

I don't recommend calling right now. You will have to listen to a spiel about donating to a program for security in schools. As if a school is going to appeal to the NRA for help. Maybe a private school but no public school administrator is going to do anything contrary to political correctness. The liberal board would have his/her head.
    John
    W.TN

I am now a NRA life member.

Been thinking about doing this for a while. I have been a member paying annual dues now for 20 years. $300 was paid for years ago. They may not be perfect but they are dang sure better then having nothing. Go upgrade now.

Boolit Master

After posting the above, I got to thinking that I had not actually inquired about my specific application. I called back and explained that I needed to make sure that my application was actually in their system. After being transferred around, I finally spoke to a lady that checked and found NO record of it. She proceeded to take my information again. We will see how this plays out.

I may find that I'm not a Life Member after all. They obviously were not prepared for the rush of applications.

If you called in your application, I would recommend that you check up on it before it is too late to take advantage of the $300 fee.
    John
    W.TN

I did it online. I think I will give them a month and check on it.