Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vibra Prime

Boolit Master

Vibra Prime

Battenfield Technologies is reintroducing the vibrapre at the SHOT Show.

That's good to hear. I bought a device called a purple primer eater. It works, but I kept getting flipped primers. I stopped using it and went back to the slow way. no more flipped primers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0TBjRjMrjM

Boolit Master
    VHoward- your avatar is great!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Thanks.

Banned

wonder if there prices will reflect the overinflated prices people have been getting for them since they were discontiued. It was a heck of a good unit for the 40 bucks frankfort arsonel sold them for but surely isnt worth the 100 plus dollars there getting for them right now.

Boolit Buddy
    Lloyd a few months back when itwas posted about them going to be made the price point was $79 IIRC

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by VHoward View Post
    That's good to hear. I bought a device called a purple primer eater. It works, but I kept getting flipped primers. I stopped using it and went back to the slow way. no more flipped primers.
    Yeah those disappeared quickly, at least we paid for the guys 3D printer Forgot was it someone here that set up the buy on them

Boolit Master
    This is great news. I might finally buy an LNL, as much as it may pain my turret presses to hear it.

Banned

79 is a bit high imo but id still probably have to buy two. I still have one in use and one new one and two more would probaly get me to an age where i couldnt load anyway.

In post #2 I reported that the purple primer eater kept giving me flipped primers. That was true. However, in the data sheet included they said best results were gotten when you remove a little material from the end of the primer pick up tube to remove the bevel that the companies put there. They recommend using a lathe to do that. I didn't have a lathe so used a block of wood with sand paper on it. doesn't work. Took my primer pick up tubes to a local metal shop and got them to trim them for me in their lathe. Now the purple primer eater works as the guy promised. No more flipped primers.

Moderator Emeritus

They had the Vibraprime on the rack at the SHOT Show. They expect to be selling them this spring, and the price point will be in the $70.00 range. There isn't a whole lot of markup in the unit, but there may be some for sale for a couple of dollars less, once they hit the market.

The rep told me they had re-engineered it to cure some of the earlier issues. The only one they had was in the clamshell packaging, so I didn't get a chance to actually handle it.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

I hear you there. I bought one and extra tubes. half the time the primers wouldn't feed correctly in the tubes, and by the time I had 500 loaded up, using this purple primer feeder, I could have 500 rounds loaded. What took 35 min-1hr to do with the purple primer feeder, I could load by hand in 15

Banned

Ive had good luck with the purple one. Its takes a bit of fooling around to get the tube in at the right dept but after that it seems to work as well as the frankfort arsonal unit. I can remember back when they made the first FA units. the reviews on them were horrible too. they allways worked fine for me. Guys that bad mouthed them should have tried the 300 dollar dillon unit. I had one and its the only thing dillon ever sold me that got returned!!

Old one. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/656...er-tube-filler

New one. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/890...er-tube-filler

From $33 to $47, that's not too big of a jump. Still glad they discontinued them long enough to elevate the prices so i could sell the two I had to pay for the Dillon unit

Boolit Master

These are back in stock as of this morning. Probably won't last long.

Vendor Sponsor

I just bought one from the guy on Youtube for $50. It is simple and works pretty well. If you follow the instructions they work perfectly.

If you don't follow the instructions, all you have to do when the primers bunch up is tilt the thing back the other way to clear it and then start feeding again.

The longest it took me to load any primer tube was 30 seconds after I started the vibrator.

I didn't remove the chamfer from my Dillon Tubes either. Just tilt one way and then tilt back and so on. I could load 15 tubes in 15 minutes easily and that includes dumping the primers into the Lee Primer Tray and orienting them as well.

Like I said, it is a simple tool and it works pretty well.

Loading those tubes by hand is a PITA! and I hate doing it. This device takes all the work out of it.

I also made a block with 15ea. 5/16" holes in it to hold the loaded tubes.

Contact him at grammyange@aol.com His name is Bob Donelson.

Randy
    Attachment 65041Attachment 65042
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 03-22-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by happy7 View Post
    These are back in stock as of this morning. Probably won't last long.
    Just ordered two a few mins ago. I did a typo and hit 21 so they got at least 19 more in stock
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Perma-Banned

Midway, has them back in stock

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/890...er-tube-filler

I just ordered one myself.

My purple primer feeder never work as I had hoped. Ordered the New Vibra Prime and it looks like it will deliver. Paid $55 from MidwayUSA.

[QUOTE=VHoward;2003605]That's good to hear. I bought a device called a purple primer eater. It works, but I kept getting flipped primers. I stopped using it and went back to the slow way. no more flipped primers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0TBjRjMrjM[/QUOTE

Bought the purple primer filler and the darn thing never work very well. So now I have the new Frankford Vibra prime and it works as advertised. Looks so simple that you won't even read the directions. Hint read them and everything will work out. Money well spent.