MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need help on a couple of rifles

Boolit Grand Master

And my offer still stands
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Thief View Post
    Here's something that i might be the first to notice?

I had a Ruger 77MKII in 22-250 that would shoot fine for most of the time.
    Then all of a sudden throw shots into 3-5 "seperate" groups. When i checked the barrel it had umpteen pressure points due to moisture rasing dimples in the barrel "channel" in the forestock.

How 'bout you throw an old military stock on one and see if that changes anything before buying new fence posts for both your guns?
    Anything is possible, but with what has been posted still sounds like scope/or scope mounting problem to me(doesn't matter whos name is on scope or what type FFL installer holds) this is why I offer to pay the shipping to get one of these barrels to me, hell I'll even ship it back to him after done with it if he wants! I will fit this barrel to a doner action and give it a test run, just the facts mam, just the facts, I'm curious. I must admit I am also puzzled, who wouldn't want a deal like this?
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how a bullet of any kind can get off to a bad start and magically get back in line at longer range. In other words, I've never seen a group get smaller at longer range.
    You sound like a smart man
    Charter Member #148

Beekeeper
    Well SWheeler it is like this.
    It is 100 miles one way to the nearest gunsmith that will even work on Mausers.
    My wife has Dementia/ alzheimers and I can not leave her alone for that long of a time.
    So the Mausers go in the back of the safe and someday when I find a gunsmith closer than 100 miles one way I will have the barrels changed out to something I like and will free gratus send you one if not both barrels.
    Until then you will just have to wait.
    If I have the time and desire I will experiment with them some more.
    Who knows, maybe leaving them in a cold dark safe for several years will make them come to their senses and shoot right.
    Until then just stand by to stand by!!

beekeeper

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    Well SWheeler it is like this.
    It is 100 miles one way to the nearest gunsmith that will even work on Mausers.
    My wife has Dementia/ alzheimers and I can not leave her alone for that long of a time.
    So the Mausers go in the back of the safe and someday when I find a gunsmith closer than 100 miles one way I will have the barrels changed out to something I like and will free gratus send you one if not both barrels.
    Until then you will just have to wait.
    If I have the time and desire I will experiment with them some more.
    Who knows, maybe leaving them in a cold dark safe for several years will make them come to their senses and shoot right.
    Until then just stand by to stand by!!

beekeeper
    beekeeper thanks for replying. I'm sorry to hear about your wifes medical problems, God bless you both. I'm in no hurry, just a curious sort of guy. Scot
    Charter Member #148