WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: I will never doubt you guys again

Boolit Master

I will never doubt you guys again

I have read a few posts about guys talking about changing lubes in their lubrisizer and boiling out the old lube and I use to think that's crazy. Why would you go thru all that? Well, after changing lubes several times and not boiling anything out, you tend to forget how the lubrisizer feels when it is working right. The build up slowly effects it till you just get use to it. Today, it got to the point I could barely pull the handle down. I took it apart and boiled it out. It was a very fast and simple procedure. It's like a new machine. Sorry, guys I'll never doubt you again.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

Talking

I use a heat gun over a piece of plastic to melt out most of the old lube then use boiling water.

After I get it as dry as I can before I put new lube in it.

Boolit Master

I was amazed at how easy of a job it was. Also works on the dies, just remove the rubber ring.

Boolit Master

You also need to keep the ram/linkage lubricated with something, I use a little Break Free
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Banned

A tablespoon of liquid dishwashing detergent makes ALL the difference with the boiling procedure. The dispersants in the detergent keep the lube from forming a film on the whole machine underwater, and seem to help the lube make it out and up to the surface of the water where it can be skimmed.

Gear

Boolit Master

AWWW CRUD! Boiling out lubrisizers?!?!? Something else I've never considered that I now need to research how to do. Thanks guys. . .I think.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Well, Bigslug, at least nobody mentioned boiling out your casting pot to remove the coating left by Marvelux and other residue buildup...
    Rick

Banned

Use mercury for that.......Oh! You meant a SAFE way to remove Marvajunk, right? Try a stiff wire brush and an oxy/acetylene torch with a rosebud tip.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by HORNET View Post
    Well, Bigslug, at least nobody mentioned boiling out your casting pot to remove the coating left by Marvelux and other residue buildup...
    Beadblast that bad boy! Back in the day I used that Marvelgunk, and it didn't take me long to realize what garbage it was.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    My Lee 10 lb melter has a new pot and valve thanks to Marvelf**ks.

Of course, it also has a new heating coil and thermostat as well. It's like the old story about the fellow and his favorite axe: he liked it so much that he replaced the head twice and the handle three times!
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Grand Master

Marvelgunk, Marvelf**ks, I'm fond of the name Marvacrap, would be a heck of a fight if anyone even tried to bring that stuff on my property much less get it near my lead pot.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Marvelux is fine as a brazing flux but I will take you to the wood shed if you try putting any in my lead pot.