WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 11 year old daughter is the son I don't have...

My 11 year old daughter is the son I don't have...

This is Kylie. Loves to shoot, is my automatic case feeder for the Dillon, and absolutly loves to reload. Her favorite shows are How Its Made, and Dirty Jobs ...

I am pretty careful bringing her along and yes she washes her hands after every session. lol. Tonight (as every time I prime shells) she asked if she could do it. I let let her, and every shell was perfect. Her big brother would not have done half as well.
    MPBARRY1

NRA Life Member

PASS IT ON! TAKE A KID SHOOTING!,

Boolit Master
    I hope my kids one day help me more

My daughter wanted to watch me do some wood working in the garage and help clean up with the shop vac

Found her some old safety glasses (had to use the heat gun to bend the arms so they would stay on)
    and pair if adjustable ear muffs.

Till it got boring

Maybe one day !!!

In Remembrance

Watch out

My daughter has been mad at me since I sold what she thought was her Daewoo K2. Never has got over that one. Will not accept any substitutes.
    Course that was over twenty years ago.
    Girls that know how to shoot get lots more respect.
    Both of my boys shoot and love guns. Daughters in law, not so much.
    Enjoy the time you have with her.

Life is good

My 13 year old daughter is becoming quite the gunlover herself. Already a sharpshooter with the 22 she got for Christmas.Saturday we spent most of the morning on her first squirrel hunt which went well.Brought home 3 treerats!
    Preserve Wildlife,,,,use freezer bags!

Boolit Buddy
    my 9 year old daughter is my realoading/casting/shooting partner. It is a great way to get to spend a little father darghter time together.
    This weedend I showed her how to lube and size some .45 long colt boolits from a new noe mold, she did a great job with very little coaching from me.
    And I also impress the need to wash our hands after handling lead.

Moderator Emeritus

Way to go there Huck, let Tom paint that fence for you

My daughter is my helper too, but I think she is starting to catch on to the fact that things like case trimming etc are not really the fun part.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Moderator Emeritus

Will, wasn't it Tom that let Huck paint? Maybe it was the rest of the boys and Huck was to smart to paint, if so I need him as a mentor.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master
    My daughter used to really enjoy helping with that stuff. Somewhere between 11 and 18 she grew up and became more of a girl. Not so much a girl but an independent person with her own ideas of what was enjoyable and she no longer helps much. She does go shooting at times but no more hunting either.

I miss the help and all but also know she has to lie her own life. She does want a 357 revolver for graduation so the desire to shoot is still there, the time isn't.

Enjoy these days while you can, it generally doesn't last forever.

Some day when I have more time it would be cool to have a member rabbit hunt father -daughter style.
    MPBARRY1

NRA Life Member

PASS IT ON! TAKE A KID SHOOTING!,

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    Will, wasn't it Tom that let Huck paint? Maybe it was the rest of the boys and Huck was to smart to paint, if so I need him as a mentor.
    No, Huckleberry Finn would have never been tricked into painting the fence for Tom. It was other neighborhood boys that paid to do the work.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mpbarry1 View Post
    Some day when I have more time it would be cool to have a member rabbit hunt father -daughter style.
    Best take the time now. Time has a way of getting away from us. Regards, Woody
    Take a kid along

Boolit Master

all the good lord gave me was boys and he took my eldest back a few years back. Love them and cherish them with all you have I would just as your are be just as proud of my little girl as I was of my sons. Time spent with them in any manner is time well spent. And remembered Cherish it while you have it.

Boolit Master

If you're lucky you get another go-round with grandkids . My daughter would shoot all the time until about age 14, then boys and clothes became her main interests. But the 1 year old grandson is coming on, and her old Chipmunk is waiting for him !

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    I do believe you are correct. Sometimes my lysdexia gets the better of me.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Boolit Master

My youngest who is now 42 was quite a tomboy when she was growing up, kid was a natural athlete loved to fish and shoot still does, great softball, basketball & volleyball in high school letted in all three, she was tiny barely 5 foot but what she lacked in size she made up for in talent. Took me a while to convince her she wasn't a home run hitter but with her great speed if she put the ball in play she was on.
    She now lives in MS has around 20 acres she hunts, turned into a country girl for sure.
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006

Boolit Master
    My girl could care less about my shooting hobby. She likes to try it once in a while but gets bored real quick.

Now my 11 year old nephew is another story. My sister says all the time that he should have been my kid since we have so much in common.

Boolit Master

My oldest loves to shoot, she used to take my M1 carbine put a 30 round mag one in each back pocket and one in the gun, blast away and then reload the mags and have it again.
    She isn't a bad skeet shooter either, took great joy in beating her son at skeet, she always shot my 20 ga O/U.
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006

Boolit Master

Funny story, oldest was maybe 12-13 and shooting a friends Auto Ordnance semi auto Thompson when one of the empties flipped around and landed in her training bra she almost dropped the Thompson.

Boolit Master

That is the only way we will keep our gun rights is when the next generations see it has value so thank you for your service to all gun owners.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

In Remembrance

My two DIL hunt and shoot as well as my boys. Son, Blackrifleshooter met his wife through a gun related website. My best friend's daughter is 18 and wanted a shotgun for her birthday. She got a buck and two does the other day.