Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I paid too much for primers emotional support thread

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
    If you need them you need them but no, I dont think $100/1000 will be the good ole days. I have recently seen them for $60 plus shipping & hm. I think its going to take another 1-2y, after the Rep win in Nov, people will settle down a bit. Still inflation causes permanent price increases so we wont see $30/1000 agai but maybe $40-50. I am a buyer at $50. I may sing a diff tune when my stock drops below 10K.
    Agree. My safety stock is about 30k and a mix if SPP, SRP, LRP, and 209’s. Shed all the LPP pistols. If the SHTF, 30k primers is a lifetime supply.
    Don Verna

I stocked up pretty good when Trump was in office. I can shoot comfortably for the next 6-8 years if I had too. Same for powder.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

I recently bought 2,000 SPP made by Servicios y Aventuras for a little over $200.00 (us). As soon as the package landed on the doorstep, my shaking stopped. But I can quit any time.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

i too would go to sportsmans for primers but it cost me $25.00 in gas for 200 primers..Not worth it..Have lots of rifle primers, enough for a lifetime but very short now on pistol primers which is all I shoot mostly..

It's interesting how the mindset changes.

I used to think a pistol and a box of ammo was good.

After understanding how important training is and learning to reload I feel anxious if I don't have components to load up 1,000 rounds.

Then you see a news headline, "man found with 2 rifles and 300 rounds of ammo!" and think, gee I hope they never stop me on a range trip.

Boolit Master
    The price and unavailability of reloading components is making me seriously consider building a cap lock muzzleloader, and then making my own black powder and caps.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    The price and unavailability of reloading components is making me seriously consider building a cap lock muzzleloader, and then making my own black powder and caps.
    A lot of us already have. That's why I have a flintlock rifle and pistol now. I prefer to shoot my inline even though it takes 209 primers but they can be rebuilt for about the same trouble as making caps. Cap maker tools are also hard to find now. I've got jars of KNO3, Sulfur and ground char in the garage right now.

I dont need to shoot bad enough to pay current prices. I don't mind price increases as long as my salary increases along with them.

My wife just picked up a can of WST, a can of 800-X, 600 Federal LPs and 1,000 WLPs for $100, to add to my collection. She didn't even have to let me know she ran across them Much to my disappointment, she left behind a can of 700-X, 2 Trail Boss cans and a box of 45 lead bullets.........but when my daughter comes for a visit next year..........

Boolit Bub
    I look at these strange times a little differently. I try to be sure my personal stash is abundant in anything I need. But if I cross paths with a good item and it’s priced right, I simply buy it. I may never use it, but the next guy will. Primers, powder, cases, lead, dies, molds, presses, etc are all currency in my eyes. The dollar as we trusted in for all our lives is one silly announcement away from being worthless (my opinion). The solid currency I have stashed is and always has value to another.

If I managed my inventory perfectly, I would discover I’m always out of balance between components. I’m always off between how many rounds I can make of some caliber for the amount of components I have on hand….drives me nuts.

Boolit Master

Think of it in the context of spending over $6.00 a gallon of gas in order to drive somewhere you don't want to go, to do something you don't want to do, in the company of people you'd rather not see.

Feel better about your primers now?
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Moderator Emeritus

The ex got me again when I realized my 8lb jug of shot primers got tossed in the divorce move. Small price to payvas much happier now. I keep telling myself that all the things I need to do around here are more important than tapping into my stash. Kinda getting real hard to do that anymore. Just ordered a Walther WPM 22 mag pistol (prob take a bit for that to come in at his price). I have plenty of 22lr and maybe 5,000 22 mags so that should help the itch some.

Boolit Master
    I received a notice that CCI small pistol primers were available. Price had gone up from $80 to $90 but I pulled the trigger and bought a brick. THEN I checked a couple of other on-line retailers and found the price to be $70 for the same thing BUT that was a moot point, because they didn't have any primers in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    Think of it in the context of spending over $6.00 a gallon of gas in order to drive somewhere you don't want to go, to do something you don't want to do, in the company of people you'd rather not see.

Feel better about your primers now?

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    I bought SRPs for my 38 loads as it’s $96 per brick after tax. So It’s not a bad price!
    It’s just what it is, and it’s going to be that way for a long time.

Only problem I have is that I will eat PBJ to save for primers, but my Jif makes my stomach hurt! LOL
    You eating from the salmonella tainted batch eh? They recalled it I had 2 big jars to throw out.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    You eating from the salmonella tainted batch eh? They recalled it I had 2 big jars to throw out.
    Dogs like peanut butter and it makes good trap bait.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    I received a notice that CCI small pistol primers were available. Price had gone up from $80 to $90 but I pulled the trigger and bought a brick. THEN I checked a couple of other on-line retailers and found the price to be $70 for the same thing BUT that was a moot point, because they didn't have any primers in stock.
    Yeah, it's easy to advertise them cheap when you don't have any. I have actually seen them for $39.99. Guess what, they were out of stock.

Boolit Master
    Woman Complains to a butcher with $3 chicken. The other butcher had $2.50 chicken but he is sold out. Butcher says my chicken is only $2 when I don't have any to sell.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Bub
    Not even sure where some are finding them. I am kicking myself for not paying the in flatbed prices when I seen some at a gun show, because I was used to paying $13 a brick or less. But I didnt expect this to last as long as it has.
    I will pay the inflated price at this point.

Boolit Master

A good friend was getting out of the gun business 2 years ago and I bought out his supply of primers at $25 a brick. I was doing it as a favor to him and now I am really glad that I did! He had 30K of assorted sizes and brands. Doing him a favor did me a favor!

Hi, my name is Dave, and I also, paid too much for primers.
    I got a great deal on an AR in 350L, then went looking for reloading supplies. Never had the need for small rifle primers before this purchase. I got stung to the tune of $129.00/brick after hazmat and shipping for CCI#41's. Ouch, still cheaper than buying that boutique brand store bought stuff.
    Deplorable infidel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast