Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much does it cost you to shoot? Range Fees

Banned

$50.00 per ear!

Banned

$50.00 per year!

I belong to a club that acquired an Air Force range that had been shut down. The cost is $110.00 per year. It has a pistol area that is roughly 50 yards long and a rifle area that is 100 yards long. Not bad as far as annual fees goes for unlimited use.

Boolit Master

45.00 per year to belong to the clubs i belong to.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Bub
    $25@ year and I drop a couple bucks in the donation box every time I am there.

Banned
    The only range near me is $5 per day or $30 per year.
    Sound pretty good? It is only open from May to mid November and, well you can check here:https://www.co.portage.wi.us/departm...shooting-range

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Don't really have a range, I bounce between a few as I can.

Used to go to one ~ 20 miles east of here but over the years they've changed, e-mails and phone calls asking about buying lead etc. do not get answered EVER, the person who's supposed to handle that is, if I call and come in on days when he's supposedly there, sick, every time (6 times I think.)

More indoor ranges around here but they don't much like higher powered rifles, nothing much over 223, no 100 yard ranges? What's a varminter to do?!

I think it's $45.00/yr plus NRA membership for unlimited access from 0800 to half an hour after dark. It has a 25 yd pistol range and covered shooting line for both rifle and pistol, with benches. The rifle is out to 200 yrds. It is card access and is unsupervised but does have video cameras for surveillance.

Boolit Grand Master
    We have only one place we can go to shoot.
    City run range.
    Like a majority of pity parks, no cost.
    But we have to put up with all kinds of BS.
    Short hours, targets only, mag limits, and it's getting worse.
    No choice as military ranges are off limits.
    city has been working behind the scenes to close it for years.
    cops want to take it over, ever though city spent millions on another range for them.

Boolit Master

I'm lucky, I belong to a nice range about 20 minutes from my house. Was a member starting in 1968. Went in the service, came back, didn't rejoin til '95. Regular membership
    $150, with $100 initiation fee. Senior, $75. NRA membership required. 6 ranges, 200 yd. .22 range, 50 yard pistol range, multi use range (CHL training, cowboy shoots, other types)
    , 200 yard rifle range, 600 yard military range with butts, and a trap/shotgun range. Heavy emphasis on safety. Can't use any of it until you have gone thru safety training on rules and policies. I can take family, but I am totally responsible for their actions. I already knew that, but have noticed others not so responsible in the past. RSO's are there. Don't bother anyone unless they are being stupid. Then a friendly talk and adios if they can't figure it out. I have no problem with them.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    Range I am on now is $100 initiation fee and $75 per year. Pistol to 50 yards and rifle to 100 yards. Covered firing points and key to clubhouse/gate. Not fancy but entirely adequate. Range I was a member of in Wisconsin was $25 for family and $10 for over 62. Covered firing points, pistol to 50 yards and rifle to 100 yards. Also had a trap field, a quail walk in summer and set up for 5 stand in winter. Mucho better than my current range and one of the things I miss since moving to KY. There is an indoor range here but much pricier.

Banned

This is one thing I am happy with about my location in western Illinois. There are several state owned ranges in north eastern Missouri. They are free to use, first come first served. No range officer, but it runs a lot smoother than one would expect.

We have a local sports club that has two separate facilities 8 miles apart. One is a rifle and pistol range the other is a shotgun only area set up for sporting clays, skeet and trap. There is a nice clubhouse too. Yearly membership has continued to rise and is now around $60. Lifetime memberships are now at $400 whereas I purchased mine a few years back for $250. There is an extra charge per session at the shotgun range that varies per discipline and number of targets used. Strict rules as per bringing family members or friends to the range. No membership no access!

$140/year. As soon as I get moved it becomes free other than the fuel for the tractor to mow my range at home. I'm liking that better.

Boolit Buddy
    before I was a club officer it was $25 per year for full access to trap, skeet, and rifle. When I was an officer it was my duties. When I became ineligible to be an officer it was my services as a project manager to addition of a 3d Archery range, electronic access control system and dedicated pistol range. Covid and lumber prices put everything but the archery range addition on hold for the last 15 months.
    Until we get the access control system in we can only do memberships, since we just have a combination lock on the gate. Once we get the system in place, we'll probably offer day passes for $5-10
    Last edited by lksmith; 07-06-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Boolit Master

We have one of the best ranges on the left coast.
    There are covered ranges for most every venue.
    $65 a year or $5 a day.
    It is 40 miles from home so do most of my shooting in rock pits or old logging landings.
    If I really want to fine tune a load I go to the range and shot from their solid concrete benches.

$50.00 per year 2 ranges ,one rifle out to 400 yards the other rifle to 200 yards, handgun, trap/skeet. You get the keys for both gates and use it when you want unless an organized event is occurring.

Boolit Master
    It costs me about a 40 mile round trip to the boonies.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master
    I shoot on my own land, so I basically just pay for whatever maintenance needs to be done. Mainly target stands and bullet catches. I do a lot of woodworking, so I usually have plenty of scrap laying around for those sorts of things.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Please ... Lets not kill the NRA just because of one guy , new leaders can be installed .
    I just can't see destroying a grand organization , who the left fear and hate so viciously , because you don't " Like " the actions of one person .
    For Heven's Sake .... Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater ... you will be doing exactly what the left wants you to do ... Kill the NRA for them ...
    Think about what you do ! ... THINK !!!
    Gary
    It's not just one man, it's the majority of the leadership who supports that one man.

The GOA and the FPC have taken up the NRA's slack and then some. They have done more in the last 2 years than the NRA has probably done in the last 10, and actually deserve the money their members give them unlike the NRA. The NRA might be the left's boogieman out of ignorance, but they are not the only name in the game that matters. Frankly, I don't see the NRA surviving unless someone comes along and rebuilds them from the ground up after Wayne and his cronies finish burning it down to the ground. That's the only way you're going to get them out. If they were going to be voted out, it would have already happened after their corruption was exposed to the nation.

We didn't kill the NRA, the NRA killed the NRA.
    Last edited by am44mag; 07-06-2021 at 10:46 AM.

A few years ago, the owner of the range asked me to perform the marriage ceremony for him and his soon to be bride. I did as he requested and received a lifetime membership as payment.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast