MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Personal demons

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Jack View Post
    As for prayer being one way without an answer - the problem is that some people can't recognize that "No" is an answer.
    "No" would be an answer if you "heard" it.
    Then it would be a two way conversation.

If you did not get what you asked for, then you could assume the answer was "No", but it would still be a one way conversation.
    1A - 2A = -1A

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
    "No" would be an answer if you "heard" it.
    Then it would be a two way conversation.

If you did not get what you asked for, then you could assume the answer was "No", but it would still be a one way conversation.
    Welll ... sometimes it's "later".

Boolit Master

God left us an owners manual for our soul- it is the Holy Bible. It has the answers you need for any situation and God will provide free customer service just for the asking. You do not need a conversation with God because He has covered all the questions in His Holy Word.
    We are all born "sinful" and have an evil nature. Good behavior is learned through obedience to the principles in the Bible. You do not have to teach a child to lie it comes natural. You have to teach a child to be truthful (Biblical principle).
    Trying to self improve without God is against our sinful nature. It takes God to overcome our sinful behavior.

The issue of "sin in the believer" is a conundrum in all theological tradition with each tradition having a theological theory to explain and deal with it. Each one of these "traditions" claim Biblically warrant for their theological constructs. The theological constructs do not agree in many points so they can't all be right. Frankly I have never found a satisfactory answer to this thorny question, so I just fall back on God's grace being sufficient for us all.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    Conflating a mora/spiritual weakness or sin with a personal demon is only an attempt to avoid or mitigate responsibility.
    I am in full agreement. I can get into enough trouble by myself if I try.

I believe that each of the Apostles would have been assigned multiple demons as they followed the Lords assignments. There is no Biblical record that that happened. If it didn't happen to them it won't happen to us.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I'm with Char-Gar on this one.

If you love our Lord more than you fear the devil, the Holy Spirit is within you. Look your demons in the face, spit in their eye and yell Amen!

Attachment 286527Attachment 286528Attachment 286529Attachment 286530
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    absolutely not!!! "Greater is He that is in you, than he that is the world."...1st John 4:4. There are no demons where the Spirit of God dwells. If you are reading Screwtape Letters, read about the "law of undulation". There you will find the answer to your inconstancy". It is common to all Christians.
    if your statement is true then why is third world countries where the Holy Spirit is working is there demon possession and manifestations? dont take the bible out of context.The bible doesnt say whether a christian can or cannot have a demon.I know christians who have had demons but were not possessed.Possession means ownership, which a christian can not be possessed,but could be influenced from the inside.the demonic is real but can be overcome.
    Last edited by barnabus; 08-02-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Now where I can shoot and not worry where the bullet goes
    Remember the bumper sticker years ago that simply said “KILL YOUR TV”. Basis for that statement was rooted in “subliminal messages” being sent to all of us through television.
    It’s easy, every 60 frames insert an image of something and “they” will think of it, want it, buy it or hate it without even noticing it.
    We all learn anything if 60 beats per minute music is playing in the background, anything. We are based at 60 beats per minute heart rates. So 60 is the number.
    The demon “hatred” is more prevalent now.
    What’s being sent through your TV, what are you watching, listening to, viewing on your computer?
    “They” know the concept.
    Kill your TV. Listen to baroque music in the background, quiet, almost silent. It’s all at 60 beats per minute music. You’ll calm down in minutes, feel better, refreshed and the “demon” will go away.
    Try it, what have you got to loose. When I first started I had to get records to play, to master this concept. Today download the music, it’s easy.
    KILL YOUR TV

Boolit Bub
    In answer to the original question, "Do you believe we each have a personal demon whose soul (pun intended) is to ensure the corruption of our soul? Im beginning to believe that we do."

The simple answer to your question is that no one knows if everyone has a personal demon assigned to them, there is no Biblical statement as such.
    But both the Old and New Testaments present clear evidence that angels exist, and both also give examples of people being tempted, tormented, and possessed by (fallen angels), demons.

With the example of the man being possessed by Legion, many demons; anyone can have one or more who are attacking them. This doesn't have to mean that they are assigned to them, but they could possibly be.

There's been a lot of great thoughts, and some scriptures shared in this thread that apply.

The bottom line is that we cannot in, and of ourselves command a demon to do anything. Only their Creator has that power. But happily for us, when we accept His gift of salvation, Jesus Christ infers this power to us as a Christian, a member of His body of believers.

Personally, for the most part as has been said, we can each get ourselves into enough trouble and sin just following our fallen sinful nature's desires that demons wouldn't have a need to bother with us until we become a Christian. We are already going to hell at that point.
    One scenario as an exception could be a focused attack using an unsaved person being manipulated as an attack against a Christian, or group of Christians. Such as in a church service. Sometimes Satanists will do this.

Of course it really doesn't matter if there is one or a thousand demons attacking us once we become a Christian.
    As was already said, we can resist the Devil and he has no choice; he/they must leave us. No idea for how long.

Christian writers have identified three ways that temptations come to us- the world, our fleshly desires, and the demons.
    When I recognize that I'm being tempted in what I believe is more than my flesh raising a tempting thought, I address any evil beings attacking me to "Leave me in the name of Jesus Christ, and go directly to the Bottomless Pit, there to remain until Jesus directs you otherwise."
    There is no biblical basis for this last part, but if it does work it means less of them to tempt, harass, and harm humans. They definitely are gone with that demand.

I'm now in my sixties and have been a Christian since I was ten. I've served as a teacher of children and adults, youth group leader, Bible study leader, etc. My personal experience is that the more grounded and spiritually mature I've become, and helping others to grow, the heavier I've been personally targeted with temptations.
    It makes sense to me that once a person becomes a Christian, they wear a target and become under spiritual attack, if they haven't before.
    I have some excellent books written by missionaries to foreign lands that relate amazing accounts of what they encountered.

With what is now occurring in our nation with the Marxists fighting like never before to destroy America; I think as the times grow darker, we will see the spiritual warfare become much more in the open and obvious.

Boolit Master
    No more gray areas choose this day whom you will serve, as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

Moderator Emeritus

my personal demon is holding a plate with a juicy bacon cheeseburger, crisp fries, and a side of Mac and Cheese.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Even after the second birth, few of us require a personal demon to lead us astray.

BUT, if there is [i]NO]/i] change in our lives there obviously hasn't been a true commitment to our Lord and that's spiritual deadly. In fact, the whole list of do's and don'ts isn't so we know how to earn our way into heaven - we can't be that good no matter how hard we may try - the list is for us to test ourselves (and, yeah, others too) for progress in heart change.

Boolit Master
    I suspect that a true, concerted, demonic attack is not as common as frequently suggested, however, when it happens, there will be no doubt. My own experience, many years ago, concerns what I suspect was an actively anti-christian individual praying against me.... I was working on my associates, in the lunch room at the community college, when I had a sudden, and very intense, urge to commit suicide came over me. I spent the rest of the evening and part of the next day praying against the urge, and just as suddenly, it went away. I've had other dealings with spiritual attacks, but that is the most intense. All of this is to say, most often, I don't think we are important enough to get a personal demon.... they just mess with us periodically, kind of throwing poo against the wall to see what sticks. I know, for my own part, that I'm perfectly capable of getting into my own set of trouble, without any help. That's why I'm very glad for my Savior!

Quote Originally Posted by barnabus View Post
    if your statement is true then why is third world countries where the Holy Spirit is working is there demon possession and manifestations? dont take the bible out of context.The bible doesnt say whether a christian can or cannot have a demon.I know christians who have had demons but were not possessed.Possession means ownership, which a christian can not be possessed,but could be influenced from the inside.the demonic is real but can be overcome.
    You are talking to a guy that has spent years in the 3rd. world as a missionary and have dealt with actual demon possession up close and personal. I have answers to your question, but I will not open up that can of worms on a shallow internet board like this. There is too much chance to be misunderstood and to many trolls that abide here. It would take many pages to even begin to give an answer to your questions. I will only that that Satan is a defeated enemy and only has the power we give to him though belief in his power. Start talking about this stuff and folks will get interested and might get to near the fire and get burned. I have zero fear of Satan and his gang.

I will say I don't take the Bible out of context.

Among some Christian circles, there is the tendency to call any negative habit or trait as having demon origins. I knew a youth group some years back where the adult leader told the youth they had the demon of nail biting, gossip, masturbation etc. He would them have the go outside and vomit out the demons. Talk about leaving a bunch of screwed in the head teenagers, some of whom were to scared to get out of bed because some demon might jump on them and control their behavior. When folks, who are ignorant of true Satanic activity become obsessed with the subject, then bad thing can likely be produced, not through Satan's activity but though people obsession's with Satan.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 08-11-2021 at 01:28 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    absolutely not!!! "Greater is He that is in you, than he that is the world."...1st John 4:4. There are no demons where the Spirit of God dwells. If you are reading Screwtape Letters, read about the "law of undulation". There you will find the answer to your inconstancy". It is common to all Christians.
    you totally took that scripture out of context. lol jesus dwelt in many places and there were demons everywhere he went. the bible makes no distinction whether a christian or non christian can have a demon so neither should you. it might make you feel better but you are lying to yourself.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by barnabus View Post
    you totally took that scripture out of context. lol jesus dwelt in many places and there were demons everywhere he went. the bible makes no distinction whether a christian or non christian can have a demon so neither should you. it might make you feel better but you are lying to yourself.
    But didn’t God dwell in Jesus? It isn’t that demons will run from the room or the building, but that they can’t take up residence in your heart/soul when it is filled with the holy spirit. The demons be banging at the gate all the time, to stop that would make us something other than human; God could, but he hasn’t, there is a reason.

Well,,,,,,, I figure personal demons are just as real as our guardian angels.
    Personally, I think I have both.

I used to work with a guy that I called, 'confused'.
    We were talking one time and the subject of ghosts came up.
    He said, "I don't believe in ghosts".
    I asked him if he was a Christian, and believed the Bible was the word of God"?

He said he certainly was, and yes- he did.
    I told him the Bible had several ghost stories in it, and asked how he felt about the 'Father, son, and Holy Ghost' thing.

It got real quiet............

I've often found that for people to realize or learn something,
    you have to ask them a question that they'll have to answer themselves.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Sadly, most of us really don't need a personal demon to pull us down, we can usually manage that quite well all by ourselves.

Boolit Master
    I had a demon on me when I was in college. I had a period a deep loneliness & sorrow, for which there was no cause. I prayed about it, and then I had a dream. There was a dark & gray/blue faced manlike creature walking towards my bed. Seeing the demon (in my dream), I recognized what it was and fear gripped me to the point where I could neither breathe nor speak. In my dream, I mustered all my strength to say the following words, which erupted from my mouth as I awoke and my hand shot forward: “In the name of Jesus Christ, I command you to leave.”
    I then felt a sensation I can only describe as being washed. The demon was expelled through prayer, and the unfounded sense of loneliness & sadness was gone.
    Last edited by justindad; 11-12-2021 at 02:53 AM.

Boolit Master

Mental health is both logical & emotional inner struggles...triggers among bipolar personalities is more the latter while cognitive reactions, the former.
    Faith however is neither, its a deeper state...
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast