WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tired of my Single Stage...........what next?

Boolit Bub
    I'm only a lee fan-boy because I am perpetually too poor to afford a dillon. Funds keep going to the reloading components

Boolit Master

I'm doing what I used to do. No hoarding..but I buy a small amount if I see them less than 15c each ( primers ). Got lucky and found some 6c and 8c last week..then some 13c

Oh well..better than not being available.... Like powder...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by guzma393 View Post
    I'm only a lee fan-boy because I am perpetually too poor to afford a dillon. Funds keep going to the reloading components
    Amen Brother. But, I also have learned to love my Lee equipment. If it wasn't for Lee and the pricing in 1977 I may not have even attempted the task. My first Lee Load All in .22 Hornet was the best thing I could have ever done for myself.
    ( when it comes to shooting )
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master

DuckDuckgo search results swaggering;
    swaggering
    noun
    The act of strutting; blustering; bravado.
    The Century Dictionary.
    More at Wordnik
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

If you had the cash get a T7 and never look back, a good second choice would be the RCBS turret.

Buy once, cry once...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 45_Colt View Post
    This made me chuckle, couldn't figure out what you really meant when the OP needed to swagger over to the press. No ill intent intended, I just saw this as humor. Figured it was an auto-correct or such.

Good idea about swaging the 9mm primer pockets. Being that there is a ton of military 9mm brass out there. I don't reload 9, but have run into a lot of .223 that has crimped primer pockets.

45_Colt.
    LOL, old auto correct got me again! Just like a woman, it thinks it know better than me! LOL
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Well the press will be here tomorrow. Knock on wood it works smoothly. I did find this website with some good upgrades for it. https://www.mikesreloadingbench.com/mrb2018_004.htm

Boolit Master

Take your time and play with it almost all new presses take a little bit to set up even the blue ones

Boolit Master

Upgrade for loadmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Well the press will be here tomorrow. Knock on wood it works smoothly. I did find this website with some good upgrades for it. https://www.mikesreloadingbench.com/mrb2018_004.htm
    I retired my Loadmaster a couple years ago out of frustration. Recently while searching on ETSY I saw a little device that looked very interesting to help things run more smoothly. It’s sort of a roller bearing that’s spring loaded to smooth out the funky little bar thing that advances the shell plate. Now, I haven’t actually tried it myself but for $20.00 I’m tempted to drag out the press and give it a go. You should check it out and see what you think, it looks to me in the video like it might be a worthwhile investment. At least if I bought it and it worked I might be able to sell the press without feeling like a crook.

Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    I retired my Loadmaster a couple years ago out of frustration. Recently while searching on ETSY I saw a little device that looked very interesting to help things run more smoothly. It’s sort of a roller bearing that’s spring loaded to smooth out the funky little bar thing that advances the shell plate. Now, I haven’t actually tried it myself but for $20.00 I’m tempted to drag out the press and give it a go. You should check it out and see what you think, it looks to me in the video like it might be a worthwhile investment. At least if I bought it and it worked I might be able to sell the press without feeling like a crook.
    Do you happen to know where I can find this little device?

Boolit Grand Master
    Good luck and let us know how it works out. One of the most mechanically talented guys here (J. Morris) got one running very well. A bit of troubleshooting and tweaking should address most issues.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Don't forget to check out GavinToobe does good videos on the Loadmaster.

Always glad I sold my Dillons because sometimes the owners get so carried away. But they did work okay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0B34CE7D-05F5-4814-B673-E063A0C3BAD5.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	302258

Boolit Master

Attachment 302270

I've found this to be best when adjusting a Lee Press.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    Just go to ETSY and type in Lee Loading and you’ll find it.

Thanks for the tips guys, going to look into them all. I think I'm going to leave it boxed up until I get the Inline Ultra mount. Was just looking and measuring and it looks like the micro 4" is as tall as I can go. My bench is decently high and I originally set it up for standing.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the tips guys, going to look into them all. I think I'm going to leave it boxed up until I get the Inline Ultra mount. Was just looking and measuring and it looks like the micro 4" is as tall as I can go. My bench is decently high and I originally set it up for standing.
    One other thing I added to mine that made a huge difference was Inline Fabrications Roller handle. It just seemed like everything worked smoother compared to the stock wooden ball.

Boolit Master

A friend owns a Hornady Ammo Plant. He couldn’t use it due to a move so he cruised over to my place to use my Dillon 550 and 650. He told me that he couldn’t believe how much smoother the Dillons were and that it took no tinkering to keep them running. His claim; not mine.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post

Always glad I sold my Dillons because sometimes the owners get so carried away. But they did work okay.

Isn’t that like selling your Harley or Shelby Cobra because other owners are enthusiastic about their possession?

When I bought my Dillon 550 in 1991 there was no Internet. I didn’t know anyone that owned one. I knew nothing of any fan base. I just knew that my wife, my buddy, his wife and I were plinking about 2000 rounds a month of nothing but .38 Special. It was purchased based on advertising and magazine articles. He and I were spending a lot of time on my JR3 reloading for the four of us. The 550 let us crank out a month’s worth of ammunition in one evening. Thirty one years later the 550 still runs like clockwork.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post

Gavin also did a video on My Hand Press, he liked it and was actually sizing .308 Machine Gun Brass in one stroke. It takes me 3 strokes to get one sized on my Rock Chucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnVUXKdqHcs&t=307s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QifWLBl8HrY&t=674s

have a look.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    Isn’t that like selling your Harley or Shelby Cobra because other owners are enthusiastic about their possession?

When I bought my Dillon 550 in 1991 there was no Internet. I didn’t know anyone that owned one. I knew nothing of any fan base. I just knew that my wife, my buddy, his wife and I were plinking about 2000 rounds a month of nothing but .38 Special. It was purchased based on advertising and magazine articles. He and I were spending a lot of time on my JR3 reloading for the four of us. The 550 let us crank out a month’s worth of ammunition in one evening. Thirty one years later the 550 still runs like clockwork.
    Nope because a 550 at that time was not a Shelby Cobra (think that picture is from 1989) it was just another press to me. The SBD was way better at loading 38 special than the 550 and I was doing about 2000 rounds a month. Purchased the 550 to do 30/20 TC for silhouette shooting did about 20,000 rounds with it. I really don't have preference on any equipment on all four walls of my reloading room you will find everybody's equipment. But when you load this many different 38/357 bullets the bushings are definitely nice to have.
    ( do about 5 more different 357 bullets that are not in the picture)

Name:	544A423A-5A39-417D-9F20-5861277B3185.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	302665