RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FedEx!!!

Boolit Grand Master

FedEx!!!

Pulled into the driveway and there is a box sitting almost in the middle of the driveway. Kind of towards the shop, but still in the way. Thought it was an empty box the wife might have taken to the trash and the wind blew it there, but nope, box is intact. My order came in, just not where it usually is!! Must be a new driver as this is a first.

Boolit Master

Where your box ends up depends totally on the driver. A driver not far from us was caught dumping packages into a gully. At least yours made it to the driveway.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master

Naw, just a lazy one!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    The drivers around here are lazy. They are constantly saying nobody was home (when I certainly was) or couldn’t find the address. It’s takes days and phone calls before I usually get my delivery. The regular mail is the fastest and most reliable.

Boolit Master
    “FedEx!!”

My new favorite expletive!

This applies to all delivery companies and not just FedEx.

Originally, they would ring the doorbell and deliver the package to your hand. Then, they started leaving it on the porch and ringing the doorbell. Then they stopped ringing the doorbell and just leaving the package on the porch. Now a lot of them don't make it to the porch.

Whats next..."Drive-By Package Delivery?"
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Moderator Emeritus

Guess we are lucky out here. Know our drivers by name and they bring biscuits for the dogs. No complaints as if there was an issue it was addressed quickly and not repeated. My driveway/road is shale and 3/4 mile. They will even contact me to meet at the main road if to much snow, etc. I do prefer UPS though.

Moderator Emeritus

3 days in a row the same driver has dropped my neighbors packages at my house. I caught her each time and said across the street...

How brain dead do you have to be to do it 3 days in a row?

Boolit Buddy
    I think some of this behavior is a result of the drivers being given an unreasonable daily workload and then being punished when they fail to meet the quota.

If you have 400 packages to deliver a day and want to get home before midnight, you might get a little creative in order to get through it faster...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    This applies to all delivery companies and not just FedEx.

Originally, they would ring the doorbell and deliver the package to your hand. Then, they started leaving it on the porch and ringing the doorbell. Then they stopped ringing the doorbell and just leaving the package on the porch. Now a lot of them don't make it to the porch.

Whats next..."Drive-By Package Delivery?"
    YEP!! Just now had that experience with UPS. I even went to the backdoor where UPS always delivers and stood outside waiting. NOPE, he went to the front of the house and just threw it on the porch.

Boolit Master

Seems to be the intelligence of the area you are at.

No problems with either one in my area also include USPS.

I know all my delivery guys names

Big population place suck to live in

Well I've had them drop several packages at my road, 300ft from thehouse, drop off multiple guns, I'm an ffl, outside just at the garage door, or just at the driveway. Supposed to have signature on those. Oh well..,

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Our FedEx deliveries are contracted out..........signage on truck. Different drivers, frequently. Was here last week and left a puddle of oil at least 8"x12"..............apparently they don't maintain their trucks. Would serve them right if it doesn't make it back to the depot.

Winelover

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I’ve had signature required packages that were never delivered and they say they were. No porch pirates anywhere around me.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    Our FedEx deliveries are contracted out..........signage on truck. Different drivers, frequently. Was here last week and left a puddle of oil at least 8"x12"..............apparently they don't maintain their trucks. Would serve them right if it doesn't make it back to the depot.

Winelover
    Fedex freight delivered my new tool box setup. The truck he was given left a gallon of oil in the road in front of the house. It was so bad the driver bought a bag of cay litter from me to try to clean it up somewhat. Next time I saw him he said the engine blew up 5 miles out of town. That truck should have never left the depot. He had a van the next time that was leaking a little oil... the depot out here gets the big city junk trucks that are worn out...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    I’ve had signature required packages that were never delivered and they say they were. No porch pirates anywhere around me.
    No porch pirates around here either, and I am always at home when UPS or FedEx is scheduled to make a delivery, but sometimes, they simply don't show up.

I heard that Fed-Ex and UPS were merging...the new company is called Fed-Up!

Boolit Master

Heaven help us! The problems would probably quadruple rather than double.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hwilliam01 View Post
    I heard that Fed-Ex and UPS were merging...the new company is called Fed-Up!
    Don't laugh. I have seen Fed-Ex trucks at a UPS terminal, and I have seen the double and triple trailer semis with one trailer being a UPS, and the other trailer being a Fed-Ex trailer.

Boolit Grand Master

I got home a couple of years ago and found a box of Starline brass sitting on the lawn halfway to the road. No idea why the guy or gal chucked it like that. Old UPS driver used to leave it in the bed of my truck out of sight and msg me
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast