RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HF coupons

HF coupons

Has anyone else noticed that the blanket HF 20% off coupons seems to have disappeared?

Boolit Master

yes, but they have promised to offer lower prices or something.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I went on there a week ago to buy a Dremel tool bits at an asked the same thing. There were zero coupons listed on line. I was told they didn’t have any current coupons available and it was the first time they’ve noticed it as well. I still bought a 124 piece set for a whopping $6.99.

They are phasing out the generic 20% off. Moving towards more short term targeting. They had 10% off any one item in store last weekend. 4 days. (all but their super coupon items, couldn't double coupon) Looks like a major push to get you to join their membership to get discounts on a consistent basis. Maybe it will work, but I tend to buy their stuff when I either couldn't get comparible item from another local vendor anywhere near the price, or I was using once for sure with the expectation it might be a one time and toss item. With the still limited stock for a lot of items, I see where they can probably save giving that extra 10% off right now and just put in a coupon for the items that they are fully stocked on.

Yep, they quit the coupons. The 20% was just about useless anymore anyway with all the limitations. They want everyone to join the "insider's club". Yeah, pay them to use thier coupons...

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    They are phasing out the generic 20% off. Moving towards more short term targeting. They had 10% off any one item in store last weekend. 4 days. (all but their super coupon items, couldn't double coupon) Looks like a major push to get you to join their membership to get discounts on a consistent basis. Maybe it will work, but I tend to buy their stuff when I either couldn't get comparible item from another local vendor anywhere near the price, or I was using once for sure with the expectation it might be a one time and toss item. With the still limited stock for a lot of items, I see where they can probably save giving that extra 10% off right now and just put in a coupon for the items that they are fully stocked on.
    I spoke to my local place about nine or so months ago when I first noticed it. They claimed it was because they had such a severe shortage of inventory. I figured basically everything is from China. The coupons they were offering were so restrictive anyway it wasn't worth it. I did not renew my insider club. Their prices have been steadily increasing anyway on the non throwaways (cheap tools) that I felt it was just not worth the trip to them.

Boolit Buddy
    I loaded their app to my phone last weekend with the hopes that there would be some coupons through it. No coupons, but it does give 10% off one item and I don't have to remember to carry coupons with me. With the insider club the phone app has 20% off one item. So $2.50 a month for the club works out to having to buy a $10-15 item once a month to break even. Maybe worth it, maybe not.

Boolit Master
    I've had an Insiders club membership for a few years now. Plus,, I'd get & save the printed coupons, offering 20% off etc. I noticed a while back that the "free" item offered,, disappeared. While it wasn't much,, it was kinda nice to get those tape measures, lights, cloths, screwdriver sets etc.
    Gone.
    And I'd always watch the monthly sales,, marking interesting items,, that were only on sale. In essence,, I was selective shopping.
    Then they stopped printing the monthly catalog,, where I could study the insiders club items, and mark them for an instore inspection.
    Gone.
    Now,, the insider club monthly sale items are online only.
    I still look at them, and buy the stuff I need or want when on sale.
    And the 10% off one item,, was for everybody for 4 days,, with the insiders club folks getting 20% off one item. I stopped in & bought 0ne item, using that sale coupon. It was an item I had on my "wish list" and it saved me about $3.00. Now,, luckily,, it wasn't an out of the way stop for me, so it wasn't inconvenient.
    But their business model has changed,, and I'm sure will continue to change.
    I've managed to save money on enough of the disposable or non-serious products to more than pay for my insiders club membership. But it's ONLY because I'm not an impulse buyer, and stick to my selected items.
    I just checked the March club items,, and found 1 item I can use, & will use in the future. I will buy 10 or so of them, put them up & use as needed. They are 50% off. That's $10 savings on that one item for me. It's a simple utility hook to hang tools on in sheds etc. I'm adding to my shed,, so I'll be needing places to hang tools later on. Buy them now,, and use them when needed.

Boolit Master
    I too did not renew my insider club membership. The last time I needed a bearing puller I found a better deal on ebay. At the prices they want for welders, I would buy a name brand first. A good percentage of my tools are Harbor Freight especially ones I use occasionally but I haven't been there in over a year.

I do have one fond memory. A year ago December I got a 20% off coupon that did not exclude Central Machinery. The printer must have goofed as they hadn't been seen for over a year but HF honored it and sold me a mill for 20% off.
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 03-03-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Moderator Emeritus

It had been 2 or 3 years since I bougth anything from HF...until a few weeks ago, when I decided by buy a wood lathe. I bought it from them, it was "on sale", plus I applied for their CC and got another 10% off. Since then, I have bought some misc accessories from the Lathe...no discount, except for the 5% the CC gives me on every purchase. I considered the "insider club", but I just do see myself buying much more to do with the Lathe...or anything else, right now.
    ...and like Mal Paso says, I too, seem to find better deals on ebay or even FB marketplace.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Noticed it. I used to get many and bought quite a bit mostly tools I would use once in a while like a ball joint press and they worked great. Even have an $89wire welder that works like a boss but no deals lately. I now pick up zip ties, saw blades and bungee cord. Last discount I got I picked up a slide miter saw for $89 and it works great. Very happy with it.
    Whoever is giving them marketing advice should tell them about ebay. If they offer the same prices and provide the easy return they would be a market killer in that niche
    Last edited by jonp; 03-03-2021 at 06:34 PM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

The latest issue of american rifleman had a page of HF coupins.

I just made a list of 6 or seven items a couple of hours ago.

Banned
    The us general tool boxes are a pretty darn good value when they go on sale .

Boolit Mold
    sounds like because more and more people are moving towards hf that hf knows that they have more and more people buying. so they start to remove the coupins and deals and get the customers closer to the price that they want us to be stuck with. the coupins and deals are only to suck us in the door.
    ive been sucked in also, but i only buy items that i do not use on a daily basis. if only there were more USA made items, i'd pay the extra cost.

Boolit Master

Inside Track club is not useful either. You don't get a discount on just anything in store.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master

Every magazine to which I subscribe still has a page of HF coupons every month, for now.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Picked up a light duty tarp for brass saving. Got tired of losing more in the grass than found. Tarps I had were apparently too small. This one is 17X24. I've got some 1911's that really throw brass.
    John
    W.TN

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    Picked up a light duty tarp for brass saving. Got tired of losing more in the grass than found. Tarps I had were apparently too small. This one is 17X24. I've got some 1911's that really throw brass.
    I did the same. I ziptied a tarp to two pieces of chain link fence top rail pipes. Just unroll it and the wind doesn't blow it around.

Boolit Master

I didn't think about rolling the tarp up. I attached about 6" of light chain to muffin pan ingots and a clip on the end to attache to the grommets in the tarp. One on each corner and one middle of each side. Doesn't blow away.
    John
    W.TN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast