Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HEADS UP! We were just notified of factories retooling packaging lines (SHRINKFLATION

Boolit Master

HEADS UP! We were just notified of factories retooling packaging lines (SHRINKFLATION

Hi everyone,

Stock up and save $.

Our machine shop supplies many factories with parts for their packaging lines. Many brands of shampoo, skin care, soaps, dog food, dog treats, wasp sprays, tortillas, taco shells, anything made with chicken and on and on.

We received our 3rd notification of another factory retooling their line during 2022 for smaller packaging which will likely contain less product but at the same cost.

Raw stainless steel has nearly doubled in price in the last few months so when we have to bid a project the bid includes a disclaimer stating the price is only good for 1 day subject to raw material changes.

JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Grand Master

I have also noticed that a lot of machine tooling is out of stock now. Look at shars, penn tool, and some others. Stainless has always been expensive but all materials are up on cost even wood. Food service needs stainless as it dosnt induce contaminants in the moist environments and stands up to to caustic cleanings much better. Specialty metals are really up, along with brass bronze and copper.

This is what happens when you shutter your manufacturing and depend on outside sources for materials.

I believe old Henry had it right when he built the Rouge plant, basic materials came in went to the mills and were made into steels aluminum glass along with other needed materials, at the end cars rolled out. The only thing rouge didnt make was tires and paint

I think that's just great, that they've found a way to prevent the prices from going up. (inserts tongue in cheek)
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master

Welcome to round Two of Jimmy Carter and the 1970’s.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    I have also noticed that a lot of machine tooling is out of stock now. Look at shars, penn tool, and some others. Stainless has always been expensive but all materials are up on cost even wood. Food service needs stainless as it dosnt induce contaminants in the moist environments and stands up to to caustic cleanings much better. Specialty metals are really up, along with brass bronze and copper.

This is what happens when you shutter your manufacturing and depend on outside sources for materials.

I believe old Henry had it right when he built the Rouge plant, basic materials came in went to the mills and were made into steels aluminum glass along with other needed materials, at the end cars rolled out. The only thing rouge didnt make was tires and paint
    My Dad, Grandfather, and all of my uncles on my Dad’s side supplied parts to the big three for 30 years. (1943-1975) It took an act of Congress for Ford to commit more than a few percent of any total part volume to any one supplier (contractor). (My Dad’s shop had 10% of some Ford oil pan strainers because their quality was way ahead of their competition in Tennessee.) So, the spirit of Henry Ford’s supply chain strategy carried on. Ford QC inspectors were notoriously unreasonable too.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    There will be mass inflation. It has already started.

Boolit Master
    Everything is having supply constraints. We were notified by our chicken supplier (the big one but I won’t name names) that due to hatch rates being down and staffing shortages we should expect shortages on all breast and wing meat for the foreseeable future (no cure date given).

Guess I won’t be hitting up BWW any time for my favorite boneless wings.

Boolit Master
    Everything is getting the squeeze. Even if you could get the size and the price you want, there's a shortage of drivers to transport everything.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Banned
    Yeah but at least there are no more mean tweets.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Huh? Inflation? What inflation? GROAN!

But just remember "Truthful Joe" has told us all that his new agenda and programs "will cost nothing".

Thank God Biden isn't from Georgia like Carter was (no offense to you good Georgians. I was teas chin when Carter was in office (remember how he wanted to be shown carrying his own suitcase - which was later leaked out that it was an EMPTY suitcase) - anyway when Carter was in office the schools were flooded with peanut butter - a government program - the cafeteria cooks had a hard time using it all up - peanut butter sandwiches, peanut butter cookies, etc. everyday for the kids!

The taxpayers are already paying for Beden's open border - give illegals everything scheme - not to mention billions of dollars for his "retreat" and all the equipment he left in Afghanistan - now it is becoming evident that we will be paying twice as much for products - having to buy two packages for what used to be packaged in one package. Yep - it has already become abundantly clear as to how the American Citizen and Taxpayer is getting screwed. Meanwhile Nancy eats gourmet ice cream she keeps in her $75K refrigerators.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Whenever there is a shortage in supply, no matter one or many causes, those who really want or need the product pay more for it. That’s inflation!
    I just bought a pack of primers that were twice the price than a year and a half ago, the last time I bought them. Maybe I complained a little to myself, but I bought them, because it wasn’t that significant to me and I wanted them! That’s inflation!

Boolit Master

Just stopped at store on my way home from the beach. I usually do the grocery shopping but we had so much in the refrigerator I hadn’t been there for 10 days. Some item prices were unchanged but most were up 6 to 10%!

Banned
    Hey bedbug that stuff left behind in Afghanistan won't go to waste they now got a Trader Joes.

"Traitor Joe's", you mean.

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    the schools were flooded with peanut butter - a government program - the cafeteria cooks had a hard time using it all up - peanut butter sandwiches, peanut butter cookies, etc. everyday for the kids!
    I'll tell you though, in the late 70s, my HS made these cinnamon rolls with peanut butter in them, and they were AMAZING! At HS reunion in 2000, our former history teacher who was superintendent in 2000 gave us a tour of the school with all the new additions they had done... he said they still made those cinnamon and peanut butter rolls though!

I would kill to be able to have those shipped to my house!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    Welcome to round Two of Jimmy Carter and the 1970’s.
    You wish..............back during Carter's administration it was easy to get 10-15% interest on CD's. Can hardly get half a percent, these days. Use to pay cash for a new vehicle, every five years, just on my bank interest.

Winelover

A doddering old fool leader+ a corrupt press=DISASTER !!!!

Boolit Master

Any family on food assistance or welfare also got Big cans of Peanut Butter Gee wonder why with Carter being a peanut farmer.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    Everything is getting the squeeze. Even if you could get the size and the price you want, there's a shortage of drivers to transport everything.
    Over 95% of the cost of about anything is not the stuff in the bottle/bag/box. It's the manufacturing, advertising, packaging, etc. The last couple farm grain spikes caused yuge increases (and package reductions too) in many food items made from those grains, yet in the average 1# loaf of bread or 24 oz box of cereal, there is less than 10 to 20 cents of wheat/corn in the packages, the rest is from the above segments listed.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Any family on food assistance or welfare also got Big cans of Peanut Butter Gee wonder why with Carter being a peanut farmer.
    There was a Kraft cheese plant in the town I grew up in, they made government cheese... so we got to eat lots of it because mom worked at the trucking company that shipped it across town to cold storage. If a case was dropped and broke open it was supposed to be destroyed. Wrapped blocks of cheese don't break... so the truckers would take it back to the depot and pass it out...was good for grilled cheese sandwiches! Melted well and was gooey!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast