MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: work.its awful

work.its awful

It's 4am and I am on my break typing this on my phone. Yesterday my sinuses kicked in and now my head is killing me. I feel like my head is just going to explode from the pressure. It would be great to go on home but that don't pay the mortgage as we all know. My building rate for 12 hrs is 233 tires and as of now I got 88 so I am beating the clock just my head is beating me. Ugh. So what are you doing now at 4am?? Wish me well guys my nose is running like niagra falls. Laters
    " I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere"
    Thomas Jefferson

Just got out of bed at 5 AM. I know I am a lazy bum lol. Getting ready to head off to the local flea market to see what king of goodies the other people are selling that I cant live without. Good luck shaking the headache.
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

It's a rainy day where I am. Am at work too, but so far having an easy day. On call tonight, then finnish tomorrow afternoon.

Hope you can throw that headache soon. Hang in there.

In Remebrance

Vicks Ultra Fine Sinex Mist. I get "Silent Migranes" from sinuses. I'm fortunate that they aren't the painful ones, but the tunnel vision and balance issues stink. Vicks ALWAYS works, ALWAYS. BAck when I was still gainfully employed I kept it right in my work truck, in my locker, in my desk, in my BOB and at home.

Boolit Buddy

Talking

Retired!! 10:30 A. finished 2nd coffee and reading E-mails, Gona dod some target shootin later, and see the grandkids after that, don't know about tomorrow, don't want to plan too far ahead; may go fishin. Tues may turn some stainless steel rods for a guy and make some extra $$; may Not, he can wait.
    LIFE IS GOOD, beer is good too.

Sorry; I just had to.

ps. hope you make it here!

Boolit Master

10:30 AM, fed the cattle, checked the oil wells, grilling dinner, and putting the shooting boxes togather for Friendship, might as well just goof off the rest of the day. Sure is good being retired and being down to two jobs.
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

In Remebrance

Yeah Farmer, retiring into farming is like retiring into about 6 new jobs! Besides the farm theres the kids and grandkids and I still need to either get a job or that small engine business going and then there's the relatives....time? What is time?

Boolit Master

Labor Day

It's Labor Day 6:00 am so I'm getting ready for work. Got to look at a new job then go finish yesterday's. Can't afford not to in this economy.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy
    Yup it's labor day just like every other day, go to work. I start at noon though. The Mrs and kids have been camping for three days without me.

Well its Monday around 9pm I'm starting to come back to normal. I haven't tried that vicks yet but sounds good. I had sinus surgery a few yrs back which has helped since I would get sinus infections every month.
    " I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere"
    Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Bret, You know it's a good day when the cattle are in the right pasture, the new tractor(30 years old, and I have 3 old ones) starts, and the oil lease I take care of, well the right amount of oil is in the tanks and none is on the ground. It does seem like I am off work when every thing is working and I finish up at around 10 AM, but have had a few days that drug into next week.

Moderator Emeritus
    You have my sympathy. I worked for 40 years and never got to like it.

Retired in April this year as they made me an offer I couldn't refuse, I'm not rich but I have no debt and all my bills are paid. Set meself up as a firearms dealer, see link below my signature, to pay for my shooting. Renting out my croft in Scotland for some spending money. I've never been busier or happier.

Its really amazing the peace of mind not having a mortgage or having to worry about paying the bill gives you, that for me upon reflection was the down side of work, the having to do it.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

In Remebrance

Quote Originally Posted by DIRT Farmer View Post
    Bret, You know it's a good day when the cattle are in the right pasture, the new tractor(30 years old, and I have 3 old ones) starts, and the oil lease I take care of, well the right amount of oil is in the tanks and none is on the ground. It does seem like I am off work when every thing is working and I finish up at around 10 AM, but have had a few days that drug into next week.
    Boy, you got some NEW equipment. My newest is a '68, my most used a '55 and largest a '59.

Boolit Master

Well I use two regulary that were built in the late 40s or very early 50s. I rember going to the John Deere day the year the 730 JD came out. The dealer had a tent set up with food and drinks in the field. They were plowing with the 730 and had the smaller tractors doing other jobs. When they shut it down, The farmers were looking at it and several commented who would ever need a tractor that big.

Boolit Grand Master

Wow, guys. I hesitate to post in this thread. I love my work so much I don't ever plan to "retire" - just reduce to about 20 hrs a week and take month long vacations.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

4 years, 3 months and 26 days to go for me but I haven't thought about it much.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master
    trying out the retirement thing as we speak
    just got up 9:15 am
    yeah I know
    cast and loaded all day yesterday my wife and I weren't speaking to each other so I may as well rite ?
    sorry to hear of your sinuses used to get that alot when the kid was in school but he's gone now to
    best of luck to ya

Boolit Grand Master

I didn't plan to retire either. Company went bust (China) and we were put out to pasture. After almost 40 yr I didn't have any other needed skills so that's where it ended.
    No complaints though, I can't find time to do anything I want. The 4 Grand Kids are a full time job, that I wouldn't miss for anything.
    I got my eyes fixed and life is great.

Boolit Master
    Last Nov. VDOT layoffs and I got to retire. 40 yrs. and now gone. Doing some of what you have to do and some you want to do. Have a commercial watermans card so doing some fishing. Didn't have to but jumbo croaker were $1.25 # and large were $.90 # so did some netting. Kid home from college and she couldn't find a job so we fished, trapped and shot groundhogs($3@) for the farmers, scrounged lead, hung nets and made eel pots together. It's been the BEST summer of my life and I'm only 60. (well some of those summers when I was a teenager and had a hot girlfriend were pretty good). Now she is back to JMU. I'm sighting in my new to me Savage MLII smokeless MLer. Not a lot of $ flowing but with the fishing, trapping, and hunting got plenty to eat and some beer $. Now if I can find a way to pay my personal property, homeowner and income taxes I'd be OK. Another day upright and above ground. 10 ga
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

In Remebrance

Quote Originally Posted by DIRT Farmer View Post
    Well I use two regulary that were built in the late 40s or very early 50s. I rember going to the John Deere day the year the 730 JD came out. The dealer had a tent set up with food and drinks in the field. They were plowing with the 730 and had the smaller tractors doing other jobs. When they shut it down, The farmers were looking at it and several commented who would ever need a tractor that big.
    Yeah, I used to think 30 hp was a big as I'd ever need. HAH! If I could swing something in 85-90 hp class I'd get it and never use it to it's full potential. Biggest I gots now if a Case 811B gasser at 57hp. #2 is a DB 990 at about the same.