Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationMCD ProductsRotoMetals2

Thread: Darned Carnauba Red

Banned

Darned Carnauba Red

Nobody makes an RCBS or Lyman size die in .476 for my .475 Linebaugh. I have to use the Lee custom push through die so I rub the lube in with my fingers. Holy smokes! You should see the blisters I got on my finger. I could not see them with the lube on my finger but noticed it started to hurt. I don't have enough to pan lube and would have to make a cookie cutter too. I don't know if it would melt either, never tried it.
    I had to use a tongue depresser today to lube some boolits and it worked fine but is slow.
    What is wrong with these companies? None make anything but a few sizes in only a few calibers, most calibers have only one size and they don't care about the rest of us unless they can sell a million of each.
    I guess I have to buy a tool steel rod and make my own die.

Boolit Master
    make a few extras and pass them out to the guys that don't own a lathe!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master 45 2.1's Avatar
    Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    RCBS has made one for a long time. I have one myself. Here is a link. http://www.grafs.com/fc/product/11685
    45 2.1

Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance.

Never sleep, never die

Knowledge is easy to get, but worthless if you never use it. However the info is free, so the only person you have to blame is yourself if you chose not to use the information.

Banned

45, thank you, they had one in stock and I ordered it.

Boolit Master
    44;
    Being Scot and German, I am frugal!
    I lube by using a small can on a hotplate, melting enough lube it to come about 1/2 way up a bullet,keep it liquid but not smoking, place some bullets in with a pair of $1 forceps, wait until the bullet gets hot enough to let the lube climb up the bullet, remove the bullets and set them on a throwaway aluminum pie pan.
    After they cool, doesn't take long, just pop them off and they are ready to size or shoot, depending on what you want.
    I also use a putty knife to salvage the lube that sticks to the pie pan and return it to the can.
    Don't think I don't make the buffalo bellow!