Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primer availability

Boolit Master

I even saw Federal 215's at a gun shop.

d

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by bruce381 View Post
    Norcal miwall has winchester for 24.99/1000 at most shows now
    I wonder how Norcal miwall can do that ?
    I just got an email flyer from Natchez,
    CCI @ $30
    Win @ $32
    it's tough to beat Natchez's prices
    but they charge more shipping than Midway.
    Jon

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Natchez will show that then when I order is BO. I am still not seeing the large pistol Federal primers in the Baton Rouge area. I have 2,000 coming in tomorrow for $35 ea. The sml is a lot easier to find. For the most part we are still being offered Wolf or CCI. NO Winchester or Federal.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Man

I'm still waiting on my back-order of 10K SP primers from Graf & Sons from last August! Almost a year, but they say I'm still in line. Cabela's had some for $35/K and Sportsman's Warehouse was getting $36/k in the Phoenix area.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by mike in co View Post
    i will be working a gun show this weekend in colorado springs.
    i will be selling large and small pistol wolf for 24/k

a one time good deal .
    wish i had more
    mike in co
    Too bad Co Springs is too far for me to drive, I'd take a few K off your hands. There is nowhere close to me that sells primers at a decent price. Actually it’s hard to find a place that sell reloading supplies without driving 1-1/2 hr from here. There is one small mom and pop store close but the prices are too high to suite me. I bought a couple packs of primers from Cabela’s the other day just to get me out of a bind till a back order of mine comes in. They wound up being close to $4 per hundred. Another problem that I run into is, I usually can’t find everything that I need at a shop.
    I order most of my stuff and make the order large enough that the $25 Hazmat is offset. I don’t have time to make it to most gun shows since they are usually so far away from me.
    I’ll be moving to Houston next week so gun shows will be easier to get to.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by cajun shooter View Post
    For the most part we are still being offered Wolf or CCI. NO Winchester or Federal.
    Yup, same with me, I broke down and ordered Wolf primers for the first time in my life. Well, everybody says they go bang every time so I shall see.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

The gun stores northeast of Atlanta are still charging high prices. $48 per 1,000 or so.

After looking around some local pawn shops, that also carry guns and some loading supplies, are selling CCI for $33 per 1k, Federal $35. I was thinking that's a good deal these days.
    They always have all you want in stock of Federal, Winchester, CCI, Wolf and usually Remington too.

Around here, pawn shops are the way to go. The powder selection is exellent and cheaper too.

Boolit Master

I just bought Winchester LR at Powder Valley for $25.00 they had others as well.

Skeet1

30ish per 1000 here, per 5000 case $150
    μολών λαβέ

Boolit Master

$29.95 per M,Winchester all varieties . Not many on the shelves but I suspect they have more " in back ". Schantz's tire and sports in Otsego Mi.

was at san jose show a few weeks ago and Discount shooter supply from roseville had about any powder you want around $20 Lb.

Is there a preference among members as to which is more desirable, CCI or Federal? They are both available and about the same price.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nonferrous View Post
    Is there a preference among members as to which is more desirable, CCI or Federal? They are both available and about the same price.
    Thanks.
    Many here prefer the Federal to CCI. I personally would use either and do have both. Federal supposedly has a softer cup and is easier to set off with guns that have trigger jobs with reduced "Weaker" springs.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    I can still get them locally but the prices is up to $38.95
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Boolit Master
    the demand is gone.
    the supply is catching up.
    i had about 25k at the gun show...and still have 14k left....
    and i had the lowest price at the show........

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    Many here prefer the Federal to CCI. I personally would use either and do have both. Federal supposedly has a softer cup and is easier to set off with guns that have trigger jobs with reduced "Weaker" springs.
    That seems strange as my trap gun is a Browning BT 100 and I tend to get a lot of misfires with Federal shotshells due to light looking primer strikes. I have had no trouble at all with Winchester or Cheddite primers in my 12 Ga reloads.
    I bought a case of Federal factory trap loads when things looked bad a while back to augment what I was loading. These are what I had trouble with, My Remington 1100's shoot them fine. I am going to add to my order so I guess that I will go with the Federals.
    Thanks

Boolit Master

There's primers on the shelf now at my local Outdoor World. They don't seem to have a very big stock, but they're somewhat of a nice item that I'm guessing a very small percentage of their customers would even know what to do with.

I just picked up a box of 1,000 large pistol for $39.90, but I filled up to an even $50 so I could use a 10 off 50 coupon at a rewards card sale event.

It seems a little steep, but unless I'm really stocking up, the hazmat shipping really kills it.

Boolit Bub
    I just ordered 10k of federal large pistol match primers for $31 a thousand.. they were out of standard primers but I got match last time when someone else was out and they work great.

Federal are indeed "softer" for me. I use em in my revolvers. the Wolf and Winchester and CCI seem to be about the hardest and I use them in my semi auto rifles.

Boolit Mold
    $36/1000 around Milwaukee
    Most places will not sell you more then 1000 at a time. They wont to spread them around.

Quote Originally Posted by nonferrous View Post
    That seems strange as my trap gun is a Browning BT 100 and I tend to get a lot of misfires with Federal shotshells due to light looking primer strikes. I have had no trouble at all with Winchester or Cheddite primers in my 12 Ga reloads.
    Thanks
    I have no idea of the hardness of the cup of a Federal shot shell primer.
    I'm only going by what I have heard many times comparing CCI to Federal pistol and rifle primers.
    Samuel Adams

Sam