Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
What is the Groove to Groove measurement of your barrel. If it is bigger than the .450 you are patching your bullets to, then your problem is obvious, you need to use thicker papper and patch up to groove diameter. If you are thinking that the powder's explosive force will bump up that paper patched slug to groove diameter with out damaging the patch, you may be in for a surprise.

If you haven't got a copy of Paul Mathews' book on shooting paper patched bullets it would be wise to invest in it.
Grapeshot

Some folks shoot 'groove diameter'...some folks shoot 'bore diameter'! To date...I ain't found anything wrong with BORE DIAMETER! This was shot from 1000 yds. shooting a 50/90 and BORE-SIZED PP bullets! On occasion some other rifles will shoot just as well....using BORE-SIZED PP bullets!! I won't attempt to deliver a 'paper' on the shooting of PP bullets, rather suffice it to say that when I get a little more time to work with the two rifles I'm currently introducing to PP....I'll get them to work!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us