RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I found a ton of Plumber`s lead and Pewter is this any of use?

Bkid.
    Didn't know they had pike in the Gorge. For a short time I lived in Springer, at Springer lake they used to catch some pretty big ones once in a while, I believe for awhile the state record came from there. Just a few miles from my house is Miami lake and they catch alot of Pike out of that lake although I have not heard of any real big ones coming out of there in a long time.jmsj

Quote Originally Posted by jmsj View Post
    Bkid.
    Didn't know they had pike in the Gorge. For a short time I lived in Springer, at Springer lake they used to catch some pretty big ones once in a while, I believe for awhile the state record came from there. Just a few miles from my house is Miami lake and they catch alot of Pike out of that lake although I have not heard of any real big ones coming out of there in a long time.jmsj
    Yep that is right about 13 yrs ago there where some monsters up there being caught. They liked that silver minnow spoon. I do not hear of any being caught anymore though. I fished all the lakes up there. Miami Lake ,I fished one time and did not have any luck. So I drove all the way to the Gorge, and caught two German Browns within 20 minutes, right at Hondo. The next morning drove to Questa and went down into Arsenic Springs (Rio Grande Gorge). I caught 3 Northerns over 40 inches long. I batteled one for over 45 minutes. Tricky on those lava rocks,jumping from one to another to keep the fish on the line.
    Man all this talk about fishing,makes me want to load up and get in the truck.
    VOTE 2010! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!) I got this from AZ Stew

Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician - Col Jeff Cooper

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HangFireW8 View Post
    I've found two kinds (shapes) of plumber's lead ingots. I melted each type separately into ingots and measured the hardness.

One type melted hot, had a bluish cast, made dark ingots and turned out very soft, and I think it is mostly pure. The other melted easy, made very shiny ingots and seems to have a good amount of tin in it, like 30% or so.

I haven't heard of much antimony in plumber's lead, only plumber's lead-free solder, but I wouldn't bet against any possibility.

-HF
    Now that makes sense, as tin has a melting point of 449.47F and Lead, 621.43F
    If a man has nothing greater to believe in than himself, he is a very lonely man.