Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: well this is no good--(for me anyway)

Boolit Master

What Bulltipper said. We fight, we argue, we disagree - and we help each other out. We are brothers and sisters of the silver stream, AND WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN.

Another reason I just love this forum.

Sam,

I am choked up reading your response. I am blessed to be able to help a little and I have (Thanks to obssd1958!).

God Bless you and your wife.
    Rat-Man

Boolit Man
    done deal

Count on it

I'm new here, but I see that this is more than just a web forum, it's a family. I have been blessed with a good job & steady work. I would be honored to help out. I know things can get tough, money tight & stress high. But the good Lord said he would never put more on us than we can handle.
    We will keep your family in our Prayers here in Michigan.

"That guns do more than protect us from criminals; more importantly, they protect us from the ongoing threat of government."
    Lyn Nofziger

Banned

Thanks to obssd1958 for manning up to the honcho task, we'll be in touch.

Gray Wolf, I'm betting you either have oil pressure problems due to engine sludge accumulating in the pickup tube, or fried the overdrive unit in the trans, where the cost of repair exceeds the "value" of the truck, again, pm me and we can discuss options.

Gear

Cast Boolits Owner

My personal thoughts

Sam,

I want to say something that will help ease your pain but no matter how many times I type and re-type it just does not convey the message I wish to express. What I do know is that even though we are not of the same blood we share the same blood which makes you my brother and family. I have sent what I can, wish it was more but I guess every bit helps.

God Bless,

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Banned

I'm in.

We have the ability to be a powerful supportive family here, and that has been proven time after time. If someone needs help, please speak up.

You guys are rapidly becoming my families support system as well simply by buying my products, and the products of other vendors here at Cast Boolits. With all sincerety, I don't know what else I would be doing as things have gotten real bad in our area. There are no jobs.

But as they say the when the going gets tough- the tough get going and we have some very tough folks here.

Also creative- and let me add an idea for you to think about Sam, as my neighbor is in the same boat with a Dodge truck and I had this thought for him....

Dodge parts are so darn expensive (coming from an old GM guy), why not part the thing out bolt by bolt and sell it off on Craigs list and eBay? Then buy you something you can work on yourself and keep running til' the cows come home like a 60-70's pickup (or variation of transportation thereof) in good shape.

I bet money from those parts would add up quick. Just a thought.

Hang in there, as things will get better.

Pat ...

Boolit Master

I'm in too.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in…both for a donation and a FR box of lino ingots to Gray Wolf. He's gonna need something to pour into that mould now that he's getting handles, right?

Richard
    Plans and dreams are what we have until life gets in the way.

XNGH E Clampus Vitus, Platrix Chapter No. 2 "Credo Quia Absurdum"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by obssd1958 View Post
    I knew I should have been up earlier this morning! You guys are amazing!

As Bret posted, I have volunteered to be the Honcho for this effort. Normally I wouldn't post my address, but for this purpose, I'm all in.

For donations through paypal: dcollingham @ cableone dot net
    just take the spaces out and make it a regular e-mail address. (please use the personal option, so they don't charge me to get the money!)
    Or PM me and I'll send it to you through there. Put a note that it's for Gray Wolf, please.

Monetary donations - check or money order - PM me for a name to make it out to

My mailing address:

Don Collingham
    12165 W. Keates Dr.
    Boise, Idaho 83709

If you are wanting to mail a package directly to Gray Wolf, casting or shooting stuff, new truck, whatever ! PM me for the address to send it to.

We will work on setting a goal, and then post it and the progress. Maybe in another thread, I haven't thought it through that far yet!!

Let's get this going!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don
    Done here too via paypal.

Boolit Buddy
    Paypal sent.

My truck broke down on Friday, thankfully I have a 2nd vehicle to get me to work until I can get my truck running again.

I trust that our combined contributions can get you on the road again rapidly.

Rock

Boolit Buddy
    I know what it’s like to be walking the tightrope
    without a net, but it’s not as far down as you think,
    and there is someone to catch you and help you
    back up there. Hold on to your faith, my friend.

But in the meantime, DON’T eat your dog!

Boolit Man

Troubled times

Thanks to all, Pay pal sent to Don, Mike

Yeah, don't eat your dog! Tippet is sending beer!!
    "These are not hi-capacity magazines, these are standard capacity magazines. High capacity is belt fed from the can."

Boolit Man
    Gray Wolf,
    It appears that geargnasher is helping you with tech info. As you said in your OP you are receiving SS and food stamps so it may be worth your while to call Dept. of Public Welfare in your state to see if they can help with repairs. You may have already tried that. I believe they do here in PA.
    Also do not forget places like Goodwill, Catholic Charities and the Salvation Army. I know they collect used vehicles and they may have donate them to those in need.
    Last but not least, I have a friend that teaches automotive repair at a Vo-Tech School and they repair vehicles as projects, sometimes for folks that need help.

Boolit Master

So what about the truck?

we were going into town the other day about 14 miles. Half way there the truck was loosing power going up a hill--just enough for me to say something is a little wrong here. So we made it to town and on the way back it was still loosing power
    But I was still able to go at least 30 MPH. Just before I turned off onto the dirt road the truck was acting like it was running out of gas and it wanted to quit.
    I had to go the last two miles by tapping the gas peddle up and down just to keep it going 5 to 8 MPH. I got it into the driveway and shut it down. the next day it would start and it ran for about 5 min. and I shut it down. The muffler sounded like it was going--the sound like it makes when you need a muffler. Not a straight pipe sound but noisy.
    The Mechanic thought it could be the Catalytic converter, then he thought the cam shaft, he said it was getting fuel but would only run a minute or two and then quit. He said a brake line broke and now the tail pipe was cut so he could run it without the catalytic converter.
    The truck is a Dodge 4X4 pickup with the big engine 1964, so it is 16 years old
    and has close to 200,000 miles very close . They use a lot of salt on the road here and it has taken it's toll on the body. I have been using the plastic body filler on it for two years to get it to pass inspection. But there is nothing left of the rocker panels,
    up into the doors and the fenders. He said even if he got it running it would not pass inspection any more and he could see that break lines would also be needed.
    It is do for a new sticker soon. I know him and he looked at me and said it's just not worth the money you would spend to fix a truck like this.
    I told him to flat bed it back to the cabin and I would deal with it.
    My thought was to try and sell the cap and see if some of the other parts would sell. I have been gluing this truck together for two years now.
    The body work and the mechanical work would be a lot more than the old truck is worth. I wish I could give a better mechanical description of what is wrong.

Sam--GW.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master

It almost sounds like a vacuum problem, as if there is a leak in a vacuum line. Check your fuel filter, too. If the problem 'just happened', I would start there; if it has been a small problem that slowly got bigger, I would think a worn cam, or sticky lifters. Someone mentioned sludge buildup in the pickup tube; try this, when you change the oil next time, BEFORE you put the new oil in, pour some clean diesel fuel (about 1 1/2 gallons) into the crank case, where you would normally put the oil in. Run the engine AT IDLE for a couple of minutes; this will dissolve the gunk in the engine. When you drain that out, believe me, you will be amazed and disgusted! Then put fresh oil in, and may I recommend Castrol GTX High Mileage oil? That is all I use! This will also clean out the lifters, ways, galleries, etc. Somewhere I have a Chilton's manual for these engines; I'll do some checking, and let you know.
    Keep your chin up, buddy, we're here for you.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by obssd1958 View Post
    As Bret posted, I have volunteered to be the Honcho for this effort. Normally I wouldn't post my address, but for this purpose, I'm all in.
    Thanks to Don for agreeing to be the focal point.

To the rest of the membership...
    If you are planning to contribute to this, and five bucks is a strain on your wallet, you deserve sincere praise for sending it.
    A lot of money can accumulate when it arrives in five, ten, and twenty dollar bundles,

I am a guy (also) on a fixed income, but my wife and I scrimped enough during our youth to be fairly stable now. Still, expenditures beyond our normal monthly bills need to be planned for. A hundred bucks (all of a sudden) will require some adjustments, but we are talking about the need to purchase a major item, here.

So, for all of you guys who are able to post those "Look what followed me home!" comments when you just happen upon an interesting rifle...I challenge you to match my donation.

CM
    Last edited by montana_charlie; 03-11-2010 at 03:49 PM.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Bub

I'm in too

Even though I'm not American - I'm a caster and I want to help a fellow caster.

Best Regards from Norway

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range 257 Shooter's Avatar
    This is why America is so great. Men like all of you that step up and help another in need because it is the right action to take and for no other reason. Don, PayPal sent.
    In God WE Trust!
    NRA Life Member
    "I'll keep my guns, my money and my freedom, you can keep the change!"