Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belt Mt base pin

Boolit Master
    I have BMBP's on my old 45, 475 and 500. I like the way they look and function. The base pin lock that Kelly makes is very much worthwhile,as it is hardened and doesnt batter out of shape like the Rugers. I do think they are needed on a sixgun that sees hard use.

Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    Hooray, a man that knows his guns.
    There is no way I would tighten up a cylinder.
    I'll 3rd that notion and I CERTAINLY would not "fit" an oversize basepin with a garage variety "drillpress"...You're likely to end up with a fit that's not as "tight" as original, but the word "crooked" comes readily to mind....JMO

As said it depends on the Ruger Lloyd Smale. As I have the Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in .44 Mag and with the factory pin I have been shooting the Lee 310Gr with 21.OGr of H-110 behind it with no problems. But then again maybe the Hunter is just better built for such loads.

And we all Know that 44Man does not shoot light loads from his Ruger and he also has the factory pin.

I think it is just luck of the draw.

I also will have the Lyman 429649 which is the 325Gr but of which I have heard casts at around 335Gr and will try those out in my Hunter.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.