Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Seating Plug for Lee 358-158 RNFP

Seating Plug for Lee 358-158 RNFP

My RCBS seating plug designed for WC and SWC is leaving an aggravating ring about 3/32 below the flat point on my new Lee 358-158 RNFP's. I'm using an old RCBS 38Spl die set with the smaller diameter seating plug threads so getting replacement/different plugs are a hassle.

So. . . if I were to buy a new set of 357 dies, which one has the correct plug to seat this boolit without causing this ring? Does the "cowboy" dies from RCBS have a different plug especially designed for RNFP's? (also, I assume it's sizer is carbide?).

DILLON Seating die has both RN and FP in one, just flip the plug around in the die, Very nice tool. Seat's only no crimp on the die
    Cast'em

Look here http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=75403 if you are not able to do this I will be glad to help out.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

JesterGrin_1

Just sent you a PM.
    Thanks.

awaveritt sent a reply to your PM. I will take care of it no problem.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Bub
    I had that sort of problem with my .44. My seating plug had a slight cup on the point it made contact with the bullet. I filled the cup with epoxy and leveled it out. It's worked fine since. May be worth a try.

I sent the seating plug back to awaveritt and he says it works great. But I thought for sure he would update this thread with the info.

My apologies, Jestergrin 1. I've been away from the forum for a few days and I really intended to give you a big thumbs up.

I've loaded a couple hundred with the new seater plug and it works perfectly. Jestergrin 1 does first rate work. . . .and what a nice guy. THANKS for your help.