Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Pointed or Spire point 9mm mould anyone?

Smile Pointed or Spire point 9mm mould anyone?

I'm looking for a pointed or almost pointed 9mm mould Lee made one a while back, cant find it anymore looks like the bottom mould here on this pic 125 gn pb or 140 rounded base, any info would be great, thanks!

These are from ballisti-cast.com and over $110 2 cavity + $85 handles so I'm looking for a Lee
    Cast'em

Super Moderator

.............MakeMinea10mm did a Lee 6 cavity group buy for a handsome 135 gr 9mm spitzer BB design last year, or the middle of '08. You could check with him to see if he has a spare (I doubt it, but you could ask ) It actually looked like #931 on your list, but 10% heavier and had a sharper point.

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Excellent....
    Cast'em

Try NEI or MountainMOlds s well.

Boolit Master

Magma makes a mold similar to #607

Boolit Man
    I have a LEE TL that has a long truncated cone nose similar to the one in the diagram. Unfortunately it is too long to stabilize in my Hi-power. Works really great in my .38 Special, so I am keeping it for that.

Boolit Grand Master

Lyman used to make a very pointy bullet in 38 cal. It was about 125gr. It is kind of hard to come by and then it usually runs quite abit when you find it. I just happened on one in a gunshow a few years ago. I'm not looking to sell but it sounds like what you are looking for. We ran a group buy on a 6x Lee about a year and a half ago based on this and in 44 also but I think it came out about 10 or 15 gr. heavier.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master
    Not trying to turn this thread into a debate, but merely giving some insight to mold makers. NEI molds are not what they use to be IMO.................their quality and customer service is not at all what it should be. Do a seach here on NEI molds for further info.

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    That type of bullet cast in pure zinc would have some interesting penetrating abilities.
    Both ends WHAT a player

Maybe you're thinking of the Lee 356-120-TC or TL-356-124-TC? The Lyman that mooman76 mentions is the 356402, rather pointy at about 125 grains, still available in 2 cav. or 4 cav. It works amazingly well in my .38 Super.
    Rick

Boolit Master
    I think the mold Mooman is refering to is the Lyman 35793. Hard to come by and is a 125 grain pointed semi wadcutter gas check mold. I have one and won't part with it!

I have not tried it in my 9mm yet because I've been doing other stuff but think it will have to be seated deeper than I'd like to get it to feed right. I wouldn't mind seeing this "re engineered" with out the gas check or the crimp groove and a slightly shorter OAL on the boolit will help feeding and still maintain the 125 gr weight

Now in the 9x23 9x24 9x25 this boolit would wrk well as cast with the check on it.

I also got in n the PSW group buy last yr and bought a pair of 44 molds and a 357. 357 might be a little heavy for the 9mm as well, I'll have to go weigh some.

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, Heavymetal has it right and I won't part with mine either.
    Aim small, miss small!

It's nice to Share is it not?
    Cast'em

Rapine makes a Truncated cone - my mold number on my 4 cavity is 357606

Think I found one, thanks for all the information gent's!
    Cast'em