WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you pay to belong to your local shooting range?

Boolit Master

What do you pay to belong to your local shooting range?

The private range I belong to charges $125/year. Target butts out to 600 yds., plus 25-100 yd. capability in a seperate area. (Eastern Shore Maryland) Nice solid benches provided. No hassles from the owner, and only a few basic common-sense rules. Heck of a good deal, I think.

Boolit Buddy
    Both ranges here are free. The downside of that is that the less savory members of the shooting fraternity sometimes leave a lot of trash, that the rest of us clean up. Can't have it too trashy, if for no other reason than personal safety.
    Urny
    Elko County, the old heart of Nevada

Boolit Master
    I belong to a very nice well run private range. It is $40 per year, and you have to be an NRA member.
    There are two handgun/rimfire ranges, a trap field, a skeet field, (they are currently building another trap and skeet field) and a rifle range out to 300yards.

Smile Range fees!

The range that I belong to is the Saskatoon wildlife federation one branch of many throuout the province and our yearly membership fee is $40.00 , Then if I want to shoot and or keep my handguns I have to pay to belong to the SWF handgun club ! That is another $100.00 per year . Then If I want to shoot large bore rifle that is one of two outdoor ranges on site ,Another $40.00 and small bore / pistol another $40.00 and just for good measure the key to acces the silouette range is $25.00 per year . And that is basicaly for 5-6 months of tolerable shooting weather . This last week it has been -38 below 0c and then with the wind chill on top of that and it felt like OH minus 50 ish so needless to say not much out door shooting going on , Seems to me like the perfect opertunity to cast lots'o Boolits .

I think my club is 40 dollars a year range out to 100 yards all kinds of shooters from plinkers to ultra target shooters.
    http://adventuresinopencarr.blogspot.com/
    even my cat has a gun
    Trust in GOD and the Mauser.

Boolit Buddy
    Not trying to be a smart **** but mine cost me nothing other than up keep and keeping the grass mowed short enough to be able to find my brass. I am lucky enough to live in the country and have a range set up in my back yard.I have a berm that I use for handguns set up at 25yds from my shooting bench and I have another one at 150yds that I use for 100 yd shoothing. When I get a chance to shoot my .50BMG I have a friend a few miles down the road that has a 1000 yd range set up on his farm with steel targets and all. It's nice to be able to step out the back door and fire a few rounds when I am working up loads instead of having to wait until I can get a chance to get to a public range.

Jody

I belong to a small range here in WI. $25/ year. Really nice shooting range building. Housing 10 shooting benches made from steel frames filled with concrete. 50, 100, 200 yard targets. Pistol bench for 10 shooters. 20 yard targets. Trap range. Clubhouse. Hunter safety training. Youth days. Keyed gate. Open 361 days a year. No rangemaster present though. Only problem is that everybody is so friendly that sometimes it's tough to get much shooting done. If it's not a bolt action 06 or a 30-30 lever everybody's got to take a look at it. RD
    “A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.”

Thomas Jefferson – Author of the Declaration of Independence and 3rd President of the USA

Boolit Master

CHMR Middle TN

40 bucks a year.
    Closed first weekend of every month.
    25, 50, 100 yard berms.
    "pistol pit"
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Cast Hunter

$100 a year. Berms to 400 yds (and soon to 600).
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master

$200 annual, our ranges are at an Izaak Walton and membership is required in that and NRA, so overall you get 5 T & S fields, archery ranges, 300 yd. rifle with covered firing line,concrete benches, 50 meter pistol range, also covered, outdoor air rifle range, clubhouse and pavilion facilities, a fishing lake, a swimming lake, cheap camping/etc. $4 a week ain't so bad to support an established facility.

Boolit Grand Master

$70 per year. 100, 200, 300, 500 (limited to matches because they have to shut down
    the rest of the range) plus 50, 25 and 12 yd pistol ranges. Then another 100 yd range,
    and a 'police' range of about 50 yds. There is a separate High Power range with pits.

Nice clubhouse and a 40x50 bldg for shows and vendors at national level matches.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    Canby rod and gun club, 1 mile from my house. Can hear the larger rifles from my front porch sometimes.

Originally a trap club, but has 100 yd rifle, 50yd pistol, another 25 yd and closer pistol range.
    Archery range, and fishing in the creek.

$75/ yr + NRA dues.........BUT..........

Limits membership. 1 1/2 years waiting list to join.
    I'm on the list
    NRA life member

LB

Boolit Grand Master

30.00 per year, concrete benches, covered with 100,200 and 300 yd target backers-300yd gongs. Wooden bench, covered with 25 and 50 yd.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

$35 single, $50 family. 10, 25, 50, 100, 200, 300 targets. multiple 200 & 330 gongs. also trap, sporting clays, and a full archery course with elevated stations. heated large culbhouse. we also provide a trout pond at local events and have a steel bridge from shore to the ice that we maintain on lake winnebago for ice fishing. hunters safety and cc classes provided as well as womens firearms training. we are also part of a traveling cmp circuit with other clubs. we are a "private club" but have open membership.

$95 a year, 1,2,3 and 500yds rifle and pistol range. Denver Metro

50.00 a year . pistol range,shotgun range, and 25,50,100,200 yard berms on rifle side. plus action pistol ,bolt action, bowling pin shoot's too

Boolit Bub
    Another freebie. It's owned by a cousin who invited me to use it at my convenience. Only two problems, first was a certain idiot that used to cut hay and seemed to "think" he owned the place. He doesn't cut hay there anymore. The other was an idiot that couldn't seem to understand what the term easement meant.

We have pistol & rifle+shotgun; 6 pistol range's including the 200meter silhouette. Rifle ~ 25 to 500meters plus field shotgun. You have to be a member of the SSAA~$73 per year. Plus range fee of $120 for both rangers or $ 90 just for rifle Plus one free target per visit. It takes me an hour to get there but living on a large cattle station it's free but no fun shootin' by ya self Hey;
    Lead foot;

Boolit Bub
    At our club it is $15 a year if you own a share of stock or $25 a year for all others . It has a 200 yd rifle range with 10 covered benches , a 50 yard pistol range with 10 covered positions , an archery course with 3D targets, a black powder range that is a woodswalk course, and 5 trap houses with voice activated automatic traps . It is only 15 minutes from the house and most of the time you are there by yourself , or maybe 1-2 others .

Boolit Master
    $25 a year, 200yd rifle range, 50 yd pistol range, covered benches. Archery range, 2 trap fields, indoor rimfire shooting in the winter. Small pond for fishing or dog training. Locked gate and best of all, only about 4 miles from my house. Other than October and November, most of the time I shoot by myself, unless a buddy goes along.