Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make LLA smell better?

I had tumblers, I loved to fly them after work, they would tumble soo low that they would bounce

My wife also thought I was crazy to keep the flying rats.....
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

In Remembrance

I had Rollers, tumblers, and about a dozen other varieties when I was a kid. I learned to hate cats as they would get in the pen and kill dozens. I paid big dollars for some pairs. I have no problem with shooting feral pigeons, though.

Smile

Back to LLA, when it's dry I think it smells an awful lot like Crayola crayons. A pleasant memory from my youth.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Quote Originally Posted by azcoyhunter View Post
    For sure a keeper, but Pigeons

I love pigeons, I had a flock until a feral cat killed all 10 of them and did not even eat them
    Could I please borrow your cat? The wife has 3 (cats) and they just look at the pigeons. I'm wearing my crossman pistol out I can't afford enough alka seltezer to fix the problem. We have these idiots that find it entertaining to feed a flock of a couple hundred pigeons - bet the **** they arn't ****ting all over their house!!!!!!!!!!!!! What could I add to that cheap bird feed to resolve this - I could impersonate on of those freakin idiots that spend money to feed these pest.

Boolit Master

LLA is a wonderful aroma. Almost on the level of Hoppes to stir the memories.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by azcoyhunter View Post
    I love pigeons, I had a flock until a feral cat killed all 10 of them and did not even eat them
    Did you have Chinese that night?

Something to make LLA smell better....

How about a family of aggravated skunks? Or a bushel of dead rats? Either of them smells better if you ask me. LLA is the one product from Lee that I really don't like at all.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Or how bout some buck lure? Who knows it might improve your chances if the boolits are used for huntin.

I think I learn something new everyday on this sight. I never noticed that LLA had much of a smell at all.?.? seriously. lol. My wife says I have selective sences. She might be right.

Boolit Grand Master

Candle making shops have all sorts of different scents and colors, you could make it any color and smell like anything you like, such as LLA with perfume.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

I coated some more boolits this evening. Guess where? You're right, in the garage.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ETG View Post
    Could I please borrow your cat? The wife has 3 (cats) and they just look at the pigeons. I'm wearing my crossman pistol out I can't afford enough alka seltezer to fix the problem. We have these idiots that find it entertaining to feed a flock of a couple hundred pigeons - bet the **** they arn't ****ting all over their house!!!!!!!!!!!!! What could I add to that cheap bird feed to resolve this - I could impersonate on of those freakin idiots that spend money to feed these pest.
    I could Mail it to you in a Flat Rate box,
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Yeah, I remember Hai Karate and Jade. Also Jovan Musk, English Leather, including that awful English Leather Lime.

Back to LLA. Hey, the stuff is supposed to be undercoat, right? So it's not bad; it's new-car smell!

Beekeeper
    ETG,
    You against using poison?
    Go to home depot and get some poison grain(squirel or gopher bait I forget which) and sprinckle some around. Pretty soon no pigeons!
    I did it by mistake as I had some set out for ground squirels and some of the flying rats(pigeons) got into it and pretty soon no pigeons. I works quick. apparently they never got off the ground as I found them about 3 feet away from the bait.

Jim