RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer has ended!

Boolit Master

Summer has ended!

I know this is true north of here but this is at least two or three weeks early, we have a coat of ice on everything this morning. So I guess I will fire up the pot and cast some that I have been putting off, but wait there is Indian summer forecast calls for upper 80's by mid week.

Boolit Master
    I hear you. Live in NE Missouri and temps are too cold for me to want to cast outside in my shed. I am taking some time off, first time in 10 years self employee you know, and was hoping to cast all week, Hope it warms up.

Boolit Grand Master
    Currently 26 degrees here in southern Minnesota. A dusting of snow yesterday.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master

Woke up yesterday to 3" of snow in Omaha. A bit early, but we had a whale of a snow storm on Halloween a few years back. Guess Al Gore must be beaming with pride at all this warming trend that we are seeing. Now that he and Jimma Carter, and Obama are all Noble Peace prize winners, we can really expect to see weather changes I guess.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master
    Here it is now 86 and will be 94 by 5 pm. Too hot to cast at the moment.
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Boolit Buddy
    1Shirt, we had 14" out here in Keith county. And the soy beans are still in the field.
    Rex

Boolit Buddy

Arrow

Sat Am = 7.5Ί & 9" of snow here in Cheyenne.
    Sun Am = 15Ί & a Dusting of white stuff.
    Suppose to be in 60's by Mid week, We Shall See. Good moisture tho ... Russ.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Nine inches of snow here, wind chill of minus 20 forecast for tonight.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Woke up to 17 degrees and 2 inches of snow yesterday. (North of Denver)
    No new snow today but still in the low twenties when I woke up.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Well God bless ya's, your taking the heat (pun intended) for us. We are still cutting broccoli and chard from the garden. Have not had a fire going in my shop for several days. Even when I build one its just in the morning then let it go out.
    No complaints here.
    Blessings
    BIC/BS

Banned

Ahhhhh, sunny and 70* this morning, got our first "Norther" of any significance Friday morning, hasn't been below 60 yet, though.

What is "Snow"???

Gear

Snow is that stuff that makes all your various patterns of camo useless. We woke Sat. to 2" of the white stuff. It is finally melting today. 40 degrees and slowly climbing. Just finished a weekend gathering at the home. Spent the last 2 weeks getting it set up. Now the weather has cooled to the point I can take that next deer that foolishly walks by the stand. It was in the 70s two weeks ago (when I had an opportunity I let go by). Can't wait to get back out with the bow.
    "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. " - Thomas Jefferson

"Mankind will in time discover that unbridled majorities are as tyrannical and cruel as unlimited despots." - John Adams

Boolit Master

Yeah, But...

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    Well God bless ya's, your taking the heat (pun intended) for us. We are still cutting broccoli and chard from the garden. Have not had a fire going in my shop for several days. Even when I build one its just in the morning then let it go out.
    No complaints here.
    Blessings
    BIC/BS
    Right, but I'll bet the Termination Dust is pretty low on the mountains!

Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

We still got 50-60 degrees every day here in NH. Shirt sleeve weather! Won't be long before ol' Jack Frost is chilling our bones.

Boolit Master

DANG!!!!
    There youall go usin them nasty 4 letter words again! It's just now getting cool enough to wear a sweatshirt when I ride my Harley! High 50-low 60's in the morning and high 70's in the evening! We're still getting fresh corn and tomatoes out of the garden and I just planted the fall Turnups and greens. Our first freeze is usually in early December and we havn't had a decent snow in several years. Youall have fun with all that white stuff now, ya hear!.

Boolit Master
    Your right Houndog, words like snow, or worse yet, "WORK" should never be uttered in polite company. lol
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Boolit Buddy

Bridgeton, RI ( the conservative corner of the libtard state)
    Still in the 60's here in Southern New England, hope it cools off a bit more, I want good deer movement!! I like the cooler weather, just keep that four letter word away!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

1/20/13

Just got my new 147 gr mold from Mihec, so I just had to cast. In the 90's here. Set up the beach umbrella and fan and cast about 2 hours.

Summer has just started down under
    Lead foot;

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Shirt View Post
    Woke up yesterday to 3" of snow in Omaha. A bit early, but we had a whale of a snow storm on Halloween a few years back. Guess Al Gore must be beaming with pride at all this warming trend that we are seeing. Now that he and Jimma Carter, and Obama are all Noble Peace prize winners, we can really expect to see weather changes I guess.
    1Shirt!
    I wonder why they skipped Clinton? Maybe they have some cigar smokers on the board that choose and Clinton didn't send him a box of those cherry flavored cigars, or was it tuna flavored.