Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: I'm Hooked

Talking I'm Hooked

New member here, as a police officer I never did much in the way of reloading and had never cast any boolits.....until yesterday went to my buddy's house and he showed me how to cast using my newly aquired Ideal 454424 single cavity mold what a blast. After lube-sizing to .452 we loaded em' over 10 grains of Unique and tried em' out in his Marlin 1894, they show some real promise in it but I'm hoping they really shine in my Blackhawk (using it for deer)...Thanks for a great site guys.....swat113

There is no turning back now... You soon you will want to go to a 4 or 6 cav where your efferts really bare fruit. 10 gr of Unique ought to do the trick.

Welcome !
    Sprue ™

Thanks Sprue, what part of WV? wife is from Chapmanville.

Oh cool... I'm just on up RTE 10 about 35 miles. Was just down in that area yesterday for work.
    Sprue ™

Boolit Master

hooked

Welcome to the world of cast, 50 year old powders and lumber yard solvents. Somehow, considering your occupation, this will seem like the hall monitor learning to shoot spitwads through a straw.
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Quote Originally Posted by canyon-ghost View Post
    Welcome to the world of cast, 50 year old powders and lumber yard solvents. Somehow, considering your occupation, this will seem like the hall monitor learning to shoot spitwads through a straw.

Thanks canyon, I may be a police officer now, but my first love besides America, was being a soldier....unfortunatly the military deems you to be "medically unsuitable" if your found to be diabetic even after 6 yrs. of service.

swat113

Welcome Brother, and Semper Fi, this is a great site for all....lots of been there done that here.
    Slow Elk 45/70

Praise the Lord & Pass the Ammo

Boolit Master
    Welcome to the search for the perfect bullet.........
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Boolit Grand Master
    Great.

More pressure on a dwindling supply of wheel weights.

I was hooked the first time I fired my own cast. When I saw the accuracy from LEE 148 gr wadcutters, it was all over.

Something special about the whole casting, reloading, shooting, a product that you have constructed yourself.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Buddy
    welcome swat113 / god to have you aboard // thank you for your service to this country in both areas// you'll find a bunch of great people here
    mule

In Remebrance

Welcome. It's a great hobby.

Tpr. Bret NYSP (Ret.)

Boolit Master

Welcome!

Lots to learn here...the only problem with this site is that it cuts into the free time I have for actually casting, loading and shooting.

So many moulds, so little time/lead.
    "Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil." Doug Patton

Converting lead into gold

Welcome,

I find myself learning more every time I login to this site.

TY for your service.....
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    http://www.castbulletassoc.org/forum...809&forum_id=4

Here' s my Sunday, police trade-in pistol, Lyman hollowpoint mold and some Bullseye. Have been working on this load for the last season, works good. So, you can see that a single stage press, bullet mold and wheelweight, and lots of patience can make rounds for an automatic.
    My brother was a policeman, spent time in Iraq, now an armory sgt. for the Army. You sound a lot like him.
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Thanks all, my buddy is Mumblypeg, my former Chief Deputy. Shot some of these loads yesterday and they gave pretty good grouping at 25 yds (I've been shooting autos too long) I think they'll do better with more practice and some tweaking. Canyon, my first "police" auto was a S&W 4006 same pistol as 5906 but in .40 S&W, was a dang good shooting pistol but we went too Sig P220's shortly after I started, now I carry a glock 22 with a Bar-Sto match barrel.

Let me say first thank you for your service. Second, you must become accustomed to the smaller laws in your state, such as are wheel weights becoming illegal. If so I would guess that it would be your duty to confiscate all you encounter, whether they're on the vehicle or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate1778 View Post
    Let me say first thank you for your service. Second, you must become accustomed to the smaller laws in your state, such as are wheel weights becoming illegal. If so I would guess that it would be your duty to confiscate all you encounter, whether they're on the vehicle or not.

Yep Nate, I think I heard about that one but it only requires confiscation if said wheel weights are attached to chrome "20's or larger" JK

swat113

Welcome! This is a great site with lots of great folks full of information. As mentioned, you have to curb your time on here, though, or you will never get anything cast...
    "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. " - Thomas Jefferson

"Mankind will in time discover that unbridled majorities are as tyrannical and cruel as unlimited despots." - John Adams