RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primer Prices

Boolit Grand Master

Primer Prices

Supply seems to have loosened up a little. That said, I checked with two gun dealers yesterday, and one had small rifle primers and small pistol and no large rifle or pistol. One store (Sheels) was 29.00 per K, the other was $39.00 per K. Must be a whale of a transportation cost between the distance from one store to the other (possibly 7-8 mi).
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master
    Scheels in my area has been charging $35/K, at least they were up 'till the last time I was in there, which was about 2 months ago.

Boolit Bub
    19.00 dollars for me. Gun club gets them and sells them at dealer price. Been hit and miss as far as whats available, large pistol/rifle no problem, small pistol/rifle they haven't been able to get for a few months. Luckily I stocked up a little before they all disappeared.

We used to get them for 11.00 a thousand....later that same year they jumped to 17 something and now they are at the 19.00 mark.

Boolit Master

That's the way to go if your club will do it. Ours wouldn't. Lazy????

Use to really get great component deals through the Army's Rod n' Gun clubs but I think the politicians have about closed them all down as well./beagle

Quote Originally Posted by Ctkelly View Post
    19.00 dollars for me. Gun club gets them and sells them at dealer price. Been hit and miss as far as whats available, large pistol/rifle no problem, small pistol/rifle they haven't been able to get for a few months. Luckily I stocked up a little before they all disappeared.

We used to get them for 11.00 a thousand....later that same year they jumped to 17 something and now they are at the 19.00 mark.
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

The last two places that I even saw primers on the shelf was priced at $39.99 K.

I don't need primers but I do keep check on the pricing and availability on things throughout the surrounding counties.
    Sprue ™

Boolit Buddy

Seems like $29.00 per thousand is the going rate in my area of Ct.
    Bullshot
    Bob
    You make your own reputation. No one makes it for you.
    NRA Benefactor

When I have been able to find a few lately they have been $4.50-$5 a hundred. At that price, I am not that desparate yet.
    "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. " - Thomas Jefferson

"Mankind will in time discover that unbridled majorities are as tyrannical and cruel as unlimited despots." - John Adams

Almost got the deal of the century on primers yesterday. My local feed store/tackle shop/gunshop has a bunch of employees and when I went to check out there was a girl from the feed store downstairs at the counter of the gun shop because the gun shop was busy. I asked her for a brick of the federal large pistol magnums behind the counter and she rang them up for the price on the sticker which was $3.95. Unfortunately I am an honest person and told her that there were 10 packs of 100 in that brick and they were priced per 100 not 1000. Honesty sure is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by jbc View Post
    Almost got the deal of the century on primers yesterday. My local feed store/tackle shop/gunshop has a bunch of employees and when I went to check out there was a girl from the feed store downstairs at the counter of the gun shop because the gun shop was busy. I asked her for a brick of the federal large pistol magnums behind the counter and she rang them up for the price on the sticker which was $3.95. Unfortunately I am an honest person and told her that there were 10 packs of 100 in that brick and they were priced per 100 not 1000. Honesty sure is expensive
    Yea, had that same encounter at wally world a couple years back.
    Sprue ™

Boolit Buddy
    Right now, availability is some better but not as good as before "The Madness". Price seems to be $35, regardless of brand. Paid the same for Wolf as Federal. I expect this to change as availability gets better.

Boolit Master
    I paid $32.00 per thousand a couple of weeks ago at a local gun shop. They seemed to have a very good supply of all sizes but had a 2K limit.

Nighthunter

Quote Originally Posted by nighthunter View Post
    I paid $32.00 per thousand a couple of weeks ago at a local gun shop. They seemed to have a very good supply of all sizes but had a 2K limit.

Nighthunter
    What shop are you shopping at? I got mine at maurers in Franklin pa but I live in Meadville and am always looking for new gun shops to haunt.

Boolit Master
    A window opened up for lg rifle Rem primers at Natchez about a week ago. I snagged 5k (limit) at $30/k. Of course with shipping and haz mat it came to more like $36/k. It was still a bargain compared to local shop at $5.50/100 plus 8.5% tax with a 500 limit per visit. For grins I checked back at Natchez a few hours latter and they were sold out.
    ph4570

Boolit Master
    Dealer price is $24.50 around here for WLR.

At Gander Mountain, in Huntsville, Alabama, (only place Ive found small pistol primers, lately, occassionaly,) $5.00 per hundred, no limit, plus 8% sales tax. A little steep, in my estimation.
    I told the Gun Dept Manager, I would remember that price, when things got better, or Heaven forbid, worse.
    regards,
    NavahoJoe

Boolit Bub
    Got an e-mail from Natchez on Thursday night stating that my request for WLP primers that I placed in June are now available. Ordered my limit and they shipped Friday. I will finally be able to reload for my .44 and 45 acp.

I'm ashamed to say that I just paid $38 for 1K of CCI Magnum Small Pistol at a local gun show.

Mostly because I only had 600 left, but JEEZ! Sure wish I lived closer to Idaho!
    "Unnh, Negative. I am a meat popsicle."

Chuck

Boolit Buddy

Red face Primers are here, but $$$-

I have a large dealer/ammunition manufacturer that sells components retail in the area. He has complete selection of CCI and WW primers, all sizes, at approx $37/1000- I don't think the price will ever go back down, so I invest in primers nowdays- they'll never be cheaper, and are certain to go up again-

358wcf

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc View Post
    But it is sure easier to sleep at night.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Master

$49 per K for LP
    $42 per K for SR/SP/LR

two stores today. 10 miles apart. same prices

suburban Atlanta

Bruce
    (thankful he still has enough for the next few months)
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club