Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Want to identify dies

Want to identify dies

I picked up a lyman tru line junior press with 2 sets of dies in it. One set is marked 166 and has a piece of tape between them marked 257 roberts which would be correct for those dies. The other set is marked differently though. The depriming die is marked 220-S-CHR and the seating die is marked 220-SM1F-DA with a 450 on the top of the seating stem but no label between them as to what they are for. If what I found is correct then that seating stem was used for jacketed 22 cal bullets. Can anyone tell me what caliber these dies are for. Thanks.

anachronism
    It's just a guess, but I suspect they may be 220 Swift dies.

Boolit Buddy
    99% certain they would be 220 swift, but you might also check with lyman or check the older catalogs. All the 310 dies I have are all of the neck sizer only. they work wonderfully with my BPCR's. Have fun with the press.

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

310 dies

call lyman and ask for a copy of the die listing they will send you a photo copy.I did and they did.
    WILDCATT

Boolit Master

Are you sure the die is listed as a 220-S-CHR? if it is a CMR it is a combined muzzle resizer and decapper die. Take it apart and see iff there is a neck section in the die, if there is it is the CMR die.

The other die is a DA or double adjustable seater die, it will crimp or not crimp based on adjustment. The 450 on seater stem says it is for cherry number 450, most likely the 225450 bullet or spitzer shaped jacketed bullets. Not sure about the SM1F on that die.

I think the non code number die markings are newer than 1954.

You can also get with Rick Morril of the 310 Shop. I do not have my 310 reference stuff here with me at work, but may have some info at home.