Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2

Thread: Lee .329 mold

Boolit Grand Master

Lee .329 mold

Has anyone tried a Lee .329 mold for the M95??? I read somewhere that it was a no gas check mold.

Banned
    Yes, I have and it IS a gascheck design and it takes an 8mm gascheck.

Joe

Boolit Grand Master

How does it work???

Strange someone would say it was a no gas check bullet.
    How does it work?????
    What size does it come out?????
    I use water drop wheel weights. Like them hard.

Banned
    Might dropped at about .329 which wasn't any good because my M95 groove is .331 and so is Buckshot's...so Lee screwed up again making it too small. It looks just like all their other rifle bullets just .329

Joe

Boolit Grand Master

Lee's all to small

I wonder who makes the decision about what size to make the mold at Lee. Seems lie they don't even try to find out what size is really needed.
    I think they should have made the .329 a .332.

Boolit Grand Master

I beagled mine and it drops at 331 and shoots fine in two 95's I load for and keyholes in another one my friend has. Where this bullet really shines is as a hunting load for the 8mm's. This is the BEST shooting bullet I have found for the Lebel.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo
    I wonder who makes the decision about what size to make the mold at Lee. Seems lie they don't even try to find out what size is really needed.
    I think they should have made the .329 a .332.
    ...............I agree wholeheartedly that they screwed the pooch making it .329". As KSCO suggests, it will do well in some 8mm's. They just can't seem to figure out as carpenters did many years ago when they invented the saw. You can cut smaller, but it's a real deal to cut longer. And so it is with sizing.

If you want 'as cast' perfection for some benchrest work, buy a custom mould. Otherwise give us a bit of girth to work with.

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Talking

Ain't you never heard of a board stretcher? They're down the same aisle with the left-handed paint rollers. They've got a handyman electrical special this month, too: You can get yourself a whole bucket of volts for $10.99.
    Born OK the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by KCSO
    I beagled mine and it drops at 331 and shoots fine in two 95's I load for and keyholes in another one my friend has. Where this bullet really shines is as a hunting load for the 8mm's. This is the BEST shooting bullet I have found for the Lebel.
    KCSO,

Since I have the mould and 3 Berthiers, what is your favorite load for the Lebel?

Thanks,

Rocklock

Boolit Master
    Would one of you with a .329 mold consider sending me some boolits to try in my mauser? I'm working with the .323 right now and it does not seal the grooves. I will pay the frieght, of course. thanks.
    Some where between here and there.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redneckdan
    Would one of you with a .329 mold consider sending me some boolits to try in my mauser? I'm working with the .323 right now and it does not seal the grooves. I will pay the frieght, of course. thanks.
    Midway still sell that mould. Here's the item number 941952

Joe

Super Moderator

..................Redneckdan, wish I had some cast up, to send. Hopefully someone who does will ship ya some to try out.

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance