RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
MCD ProductsTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision

Thread: new 25-20 ss brass

new 25-20 ss brass

I just talked to Kathy at Jamison International and they are lookin to make a run of 25-20 SS brass possibly this summer she quated me $1.65 for sale to individuals, I told her that I was interested in 100 rounds to give them an idea of what the demand may be she wsaid that she would give me a call when they started to inspect so I thought I would give you all a heads up if you are interested in some here is the contact info

Terri Shoup
    Jamison International
    CheyTac Associates
    605-347-5090 ph.
    605-347-4704 fax
    terri.jamison@rushmore.com

good shooting
    Jim

Boolit Master

Too bad the .25-20SS brass is so expensive. That looks like a pretty good round and the old timers swore by it and the 2R Lovell made from it./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Mold
    Got my .25-20 SS brass from Rocky Mt Cartridge for, I think, about $45.00 for 20. They are NICE, and since I breech seat the bullets (Winchester Low-Wall) and do NOT resize the cases, they'll last me probably forever. I've been using the same 20-30 Winchester .30-30 cases reformed to 8.15x46R since 1993, shot about 3700 times so far, and the cases are just fine. No resizing at all. You gotta love schuetzen-style shooting.
    Milt Farrow "I'm not sure what it is, but it uses a lot of ammo."

Boolit Grand Master
    The problem with most .25-20 brass that has been available lately is that it is from BE****AM and is of pretty poor quality. Even with mild loads and use in a single shot rifle, it is prone to early (or even immediate first loading) cracking and loss... even when pre-anealled! The folks in the single shot community have bemoaned this problem for several years. The new brass from Jamison, if up to their regular standards, will be a most welcome addition!

Froggie

IIRC, some people used to form the brass by swaging the .222/.223 class case heads down to form the rimmed cases. Lots of work. The rims ended up a little thinner than the original but they held up well. I've heard of 20% failure rates on first firing on that kangaroo brass. That would annoy me.........especially at the prices they want.
    Rick

It's been a long time, but I finally have actually received 100 Jamison .25-20 SS cases. They look to be worth the wait, (and the money). Dimensions are right, and a sectioned case reveals that the wall thickness and the base web are considerably heavier than original WRA brass I have for comparison. Being a Lovell addict, I will fireform a dozen ASAP to see how they do.
    Cognitive Dissident