RepackboxMCD ProductsInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Opinions on VEVOR Jewelry Polisher Tumbler?

Boolit Master

Opinions on VEVOR Jewelry Polisher Tumbler?

I have a Harbor Freight Rotary Tumbler. Did not care for the small rubber tubs so I use a Grey PVX Tube with Rubber end caps (some minor drips of water) and Stainless Pins for stained Rifle and Pistol Brass. Not really pleased, and have been thinking of picking up another alternative.

Has anyone used or tired the VEVOR Jewelry Polisher Tumbler for Brass cleaning?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71dffS1F2AL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	330326

Experiences, observations, thought on this product for tumbling Rifle and/or Pistol brass would be appreciated.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Mold
    I bought a look a like unit on eBay. Different brand name but otherwise identical. Use it for small runs instead of pulling out the FART.
    The electronics were incompetently soldered and connections failed after a few hours.
    Easy job rewiring (my skills are very basic) and now works fine

I have the vevor 1lb rock tubler/polisher. Looks like a very similar unit, with a different drum. It is basically junk. I only use it to glaze black powder anymore...and the speed control only works on a couple of the modes.

Boolit Master

Middle Tennessee for now. WANT TO BUY land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    I got a Thumlers tumbler. Love it! Wish I had never wasted money on a dry media tumbler. I run around 4 cups of brass and 5 lbs of stainless pins. Probably could get away with half the amount of pins. Too much brass and it will bog down and not turn.

Boolit Master
    Rebel 17 pay the price use it forever.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Rebel 17 pay the price use it forever.
    Greetings,

Please post a link to the Rebel 17 device.

Cheers,

Dave

Boolit Buddy
    Greetings,

Found their website.

The tumblers are made in Communist China.

I will keep looking.

Cheers,

Dave

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Vevor sells a lot of Chinese made products. The quality varies depending on what you buy.

Have a look at Lortone, https://lortone.com/. I've not priced them in a while but looking at their website, appears they have gone up some, up there with the Rebel 17, so not the cheapest solution. They are Made in the USA however and well worth the money. Looks like the original owners retired and the new owners are in the process of moving from Washington state to Idaho so everything is out of stock on their website.

Parts are still easily available for them as the design hasn't changed much in 40 years, I bought a new belt once, that's the only part I've ever bought. The thing I like most about Lortones is the rubber drum, the motor, and belt drive are VERY quiet. I can tumble brass with it on a table in my office and be on a video meeting for work without a headset and no one else can hear it. I can work for hours and the noise doesn't drive me nuts.

They are top notch well buit machines. I've owned and bought a few over the years. My first was a QT/NR (12 lb capacity) I bought used for $50.00, was almost 20 years old and had been well used. It worked perfectly the belt looked old, so I bought a new one. Somewhere around 2017 I bought a newer model, a QT12 (also 12 lbs) that was a heavily discounted display model, I didn't need it but the price was too good to pass up. Turned out I never did need to tumble 24 lbs of brass simultaneously so I wound up giving my old QT/NR to a couple of my nieces during COVID shutdown because they wanted to start collecting rocks and making jewelery with it. They still use it as far as I know. I came across another QT/NR on craigslist for $75.00 last year and bought it for a friend I was helping get into reloading.

Keep an eye on craigslist and the book of faces marketplace in your area, one will turn up soon enough. Might be worth watching eBay too but things usually go for more there.

Boolit Master

I've bought several items from Vevor and they all exhibited the level of quality equal to cow excrement.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

i bought a 11lb Vevor 7 or 8 years, just in case my HF dual tumbler refuses to werk. i still have the Vevor in the original box. i did the pvc pipe and i luv it.

did you ever split 1/2" pvc pipe in half and Gorilla glue on the inside of the Vevor?
    Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

US Army 12B & 51B