RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyMCD ProductsTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Accurate Molds Order

There have been a few of his molds on Ebay but talk about a crap shoot! If anybody has a mold or dies that are junk, this is where they wind up. I have bought some things that were just fine but some have been an insult to the garbage can I threw it in.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us! The more I travel, the more I like right where I am.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by USSR View Post
    I also FINALLY got a reply after more than a week of emails. Just ordered their 31-171B mold with 2 changes; a plain base instead of a gas check, and a .2" meplat instead of .18". Here's hoping the new guys work is up to snuff.

Don
    dont count on it

Boolit Mold
    Hello Everyone.

My name is Daniel Croft. I am one of the new machinist here at Accurate.

I would like to start this post with a thank you to all of you who have reported your positive experiences. We want all of our customers to know that we appreciate them and their continued support.

For anyone who has not had a positive experience with us please send me an email at Tom@accuratemolds.com I was out of the shop last week dealing with a health issue but am back in this week and usually get all emails responded to within a week. I will try to reach out to everyone who has expressed displeasure here but admittedly am not good at navigating this forum.

I would like to answer a few questions here that I have been receiving lately.

To make things clear, Tom has never been a real person... The previous owner of Accurate Molds, a brilliant man and excellent caster, chose the name Tom as to avoid being known. He recommended that we keep that name to avoid confusion. Some people have expressed that they felt it dishonest for us to use the name Tom. When we assumed the name Tom this thought was not even remotely on our radar, but we understand where these feelings come from. We are decidedly going to move away from the name Tom but will still use it when a customer emails looking for Tom (again to avoid confusion).

Our website was a problem that we inherited that has been very slow in the solving. One of these problems is that every so often for no apparent reason an order will be placed but an order form does not get generated. It was built many years ago by a programming student, and is difficult to make changes to. While attempting to make simple changes to the site we have caused others things to unexpectedly break. We have many exciting plans for the Accurate Molds Website but are struggling to make it happen without making our current site unusable.

We do not plan on changing our policy regarding answering phone calls, as many in this thread have pointed out we cant exactly work on orders and answer the phone at the same time. That being said we have helped many customers over the phone when it felt like email communication was not working. I firmly believe that email communication is the best way for us to work with customers as it leaves a trail for us to reference.

If you have placed an order with us and have not received it please send me an email. We will do whatever is needed to resolve the problem. Whether that means that we remake the mold or just send a refund.

I have attempted to stay up to date here on the forum but struggle to find the time. The best way to get in contact with us is by email (Tom@accuratemolds.com)

Thank you everyone for your support, your praise, and your criticism. We promise to always strive for perfection.

With Gratitude
    Daniel Croft
    Accurate Molds

Well said, Daniel. Keep up the great work.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

All the best to you Mr. Daniel.

Boolit Buddy
    My 36-150J arrived today. 5 days shy of the 8 week turnaround. The mold itself looks and performs fine. My sprue plate isn't black like the others I have received but it still functions fine. There were some dings on the plate opposite of where I would strike with a mallet but it doesn't impede function at all. I requsted the mold be cut for range scrap. Most bullets are around the 152 gr so not a big deal, but the mold took quite a while longer to heat up than I recall. I kept some less than perfect casts but I'm only using them for plinking. I'm satisfied with the mold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1625.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	330392

Name:	IMG_1624.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	330393

Loaded on top of 2.7 gr. W231 in long colt cases. Should be fun in a S&W 642.

Name:	IMG_1627.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	330394

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    In the meantime, NOE seems to be my only option.
    Sorry, but NOE did something similar to me a couple years ago and never made it right, nor returned any of my attempts at communication.

Boolit Grand Master

Wow ... no Tom
    Had me fooled .

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I ordered a 5 cavity 35-135A August 22nd and it was in my mailbox 16 days later. I included a few changes in the order. I wanted boolits to drop from mold at .3575/.3580, so I asked for .356 and they drop precisely at .3575 with wheel weight lead. That's exactly Daniel's tolerance. I needed the widest part of the nose above the top driving band not to exceed .345, so I asked for "nose tolerance negative". That part of the nose drops at .3445. Once again Daniel absolutely nailed it as he did with my 3 cavity 30-160R i ordered in January. Accurate Molds is the only maker I use.
    PS: Both sprue plates are black.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by AccurateMoldsTeam View Post
    Hello Everyone.

My name is Daniel Croft. I am one of the new machinist here at Accurate.
    Daniel,

I think I can speak for most when I say its good to see you guys reaching out.

I have not ordered from Accurate. But I've always heard you guys do a bang up job. It's good to know you all take the job, and your reputation, seriously. Like anything custom, I'm aware of how long it can take to fabricate a mold. Especially when you get a good chunk of orders in all at once. Add in the occassional tool/machine breakage, and it can really add to the back log. I take any timeframes given with a grain of salt. And usually just reach out if I feel like it's taking longer than it should. In the days of next day delivery from Amazon, it can be difficult to remember that things that are not mass produced take time.

That said, I have reached out to "Tom" once on a mold. And while I didn't get an immediate answer by email, I did ultimately get one after a week or two. If I can make any suggestion that might help curb some of these impressions other have, it would be to try to respond to emails as quickly as possible. I understand that you can't really operate a machine and type at the same time. But getting back with them within a few days should be doable. And I think as long as people are getting a honest response they are mostly happy.

That said, you guys are on my list these days. I've got several designs I've been working on, and you're the only ones in town still doing custom work - unless you count Lee. NOE, MP and Arsenal all ignore emails, and refuse to consider any custom work since at least COVID. And while I love their molds, sometimes what you're looking for isn't quite what they're offering. That's where you gents come in. My only wish is that you guys also offered HPing the molds you cut. But I understand the decision not to do that kind of work - adding a whole new dynamic to the process...

All that said, I wish you guys the best. I'll be ordering molds from you all once I get my designs worked out.
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.

Boolit Master

Back when I started this thread, I had no idea how far reaching it would go. I not only got my mold, but uncovered some information that most of us were not aware of. I'm pleased that it turned out like it did although I would not have anticipated these results in a thousand years. My only regret (and it is not really a regret) is that at my age(82), I won't be buying many molds in the future. I think that I had better start documenting as much information on the molds I have so my sons can prepare for the day when they have to sell them.
    John
    W.TN

I ordered a 36-130B cut for the Master Caster on 27 Aug. and it was postmarked to me on Sept. 5. I've been out of town and just got back to get it, but I'd call that pretty good service. I'll report back after I cast with it but that won't be until the winter.
    Tony
    Last edited by AnthonyB; 09-20-2024 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Left off order date

Boolit Mold
    I ordered two molds on 9/10 and they were in my mailbox Monday, 9/23. They were packaged well. Between work, side jobs, and second son in football, I’ll get to them this winter.
    MP

First off, I have to give kudos to Larry for hanging in there for the toutelage of machining molds. I, for one, am thankful that we still have a custom mold maker that will build them on order individually. Noe makes a good product but if you see one of their molds you want and it is out of stock, it might be forever to see it available. Larry got us hooked on Accurate quality and it is encouraging to know it will continue. Good luck guys.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us! The more I travel, the more I like right where I am.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456