RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMCD Products
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication

Thread: Hyatt Gun Shop

Boolit Master

Hyatt Gun Shop

Went by Hyatt Gun Shop in Charlotte, NC last week. They claim the be the biggest gun shop in America, don't know but it is big. They are a little pricey but do keep a lot of stuff. My wife was from Charlotte so we go down occasionally to see her family and make a day of knocking around junk shops. Usually have a nice meal somewhere.

They were well stocked with powders and bullets and most all primers except LR, they were in the $90 a thousand range. What I go straight to is the bargain bin, usually find something I can use and this time was no exception.There were four yellow Flambeau cartridge boxes, all full of new Lapua 7.62 X 53 cases, a few in one boxes had been fired but showed no sign of being reloaded. At $9.99 a box I grabbed all four, can't pass on Lapua brass at 50 cents each. There were some odd bit of primers but there were 500 CCI 350 LPM in the older boxes but clean and still tapped shut for $25, I use them in a lot of cast loads. Not a huge haul but still something I will use. Stuff is out there you just have to dog a little.

No doubt you did good!

I love bargain bins! Little gun shop around here had one, and I was a regular bin rat. Old Weaver 2.5x scope from the fifties, (when the turret caps had outside threads)$15.00 and it's been clear and true to this day. Eight pounds of IMR 4227, $45.00, Winchester pre64 M-70 heavy target barrel .30/06 hardly shot, $25.00! I miss that shop!
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Master
    I've been to Hyatts occasionally. As noted,, their prices are a bit higher than the other places I shop. But careful shopping does occasionally bring fair deals,, even there.