RotoMetals2MCD ProductsReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication

Thread: 8 lbs of Unique

Boolit Master

Middle Tennessee for now. WANT TO BUY land out west, somewhere cool and dry!

8 lbs of Unique

I walked away from 8 pounds of Unique today. With Alliant putting hand loaders at the bottom of the list. It being unavailable so long. Making do with other powder. Doing an advanced search with Unique in the title, and spending several hours going through more than ten pages reading about it, I’m having a hard time bringing myself to go back and shell out $375 for it.

USMC 77, USRA 79

I would have prolly bought it..
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    I gladly paid that for 8lbs a few months ago. Reason being that I was down to about 2lbs and have so many favorite loads using Unique. I would do so again no regrets. I understand your thoughts on Alliant seeming to not prioritize hand loaders but keeping myself supplied overcame those feelings.

Boolit Master

Middle Tennessee for now. WANT TO BUY land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    I’ve got Titegroup and N310 for fast pistol powder. HS-6 for shotgun and pistol use. Longshot and H-110 for heavy hitters. Half a 25 lb keg of DuPont 3031 I plan to reduce charges with slightly and use for cast rifle loads.

I’m hitting all around it on the checkerboard, but I’m getting by without it just fine and afraid to get hooked on it if it’s magical and unavailable for who knows how long.

The poor metering threads don’t help. Maybe it’s a lot of user error but it’s not going to flow like a ball powder.

Boolit Master

it's hobby, so you have to weight it out, unless your old because I have way more money than time left to shoot, so I would have purchased It.

Boolit Master

I hate to be that guy that says don't cave until they get they supplies in order, but don't buy until they get their supplies in order. Until prices are reasonable, I'm not purchasing any more of their nonsense. There are other powders out there that offer more bang for the buck. Yeah, I might have to work up loads. But that is the price I'll pay.
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.